From the HUB, when I click on compose there are worthless suggestions at the top. Anyway to turn that feature off or sticky people I may want to communicate with? Any way to shrink the size of those boxes, they're tying up valuable real estate.

Also, on this same screen, any way to rearrange the order of accounts? My important accounts are at the bottom and accounts I never use but monitor are at the top.
    11-30-17 11:55 PM
    To Rearrange:
    Open the HUB
    Tap the three bars in the top left corner
    Scroll the side menu all the way to the bottom
    Tap Settings
    Scroll down until you see Rearrange Accounts
    Tap that and on the next screen grab the accounts by the four bars to the right and slide them in any direction you need.

Hope that helps.
    To Rearrange:
    Open the HUB
    Tap the three bars in the top left corner
    Scroll the side menu all the way to the bottom
    Tap Settings
    Scroll down until you see Rearrange Accounts
    Tap that and on the next screen grab the accounts by the four bars to the right and slide them in any direction you need.

Hope that helps.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-01-17 09:58 AM
    Set Default Mail Account
    Open the Hub and go to Settings as described above.
    Then tap General Settings
    Tap Default Email Account (first option) and choose the account you use the most.
    12-01-17 10:02 AM
    Set up Views.
    You can use Views in the HUB to seperate accounts better (making more prominent the accounts you want to see and the ones that are not as important grouped together in another view).
    Go to Settings as mentioned above.
    Scroll down until you see Views.
    Tap Add View
    Give the View a name.
    Check off the boxes of the accounts that want to see in that view.
    Go back and setup another view for the other accounts you want grouped together.
    When you're in the HUB, tap the three lines in the top corner.
    On the side menu bar you will see the views you created right at the top and you can tap which one you want to see (for example the one with only the important account(s)). You can also Add Views from here if you need more.
    12-01-17 10:07 AM
    I didn't realize that when I hit "compose" or the little blue pencil at the bottom of the HUB I am actually opening the application "Messenger". I could be wrong but it seems that way???
    12-01-17 10:29 AM
    Good luck with app UX changes. I have been trying and nearly begging for a long time. There is no acceptance or open mind for suggested UX improvements unfortunately.
    12-01-17 11:17 AM
    I didn't realize that when I hit "compose" or the little blue pencil at the bottom of the HUB I am actually opening the application "Messenger". I could be wrong but it seems that way???
    This is the way that Android works - numerous small apps for each specialized task.
    12-01-17 03:06 PM
    This is why I never really liked Android, BB always looked and worked fine out of the box for me. This goes back to the old BB OS 5. I just want the information without the fancy looks trying up space on my screen. That suggestions crap is a real waste of space.

I don't like choosing from 1k launchers, 10k text applications, I liked that BB gave me good applications out of the box so I didn't need to find applications that work together. Having said that, and since I now own a Priv, I guess I have to start searching through the sea of applications to see if any will give me a stripes look for my messages instead of these dumb bubbles...
    12-01-17 05:26 PM
    Totally with you. The unfortunate part is that BB CAN differentiate themselves by creating a great Android experience, something that resemble BB10 but they don't want to or typically hide behind the 'material design' restrictions excuse...

If there is a will there is a way. Unfortunately there is no will. At least not at the moment.
    12-01-17 05:35 PM
    Totally with you. The unfortunate part is that BB CAN differentiate themselves by creating a great Android experience, something that resemble BB10 but they don't want to or typically hide behind the 'material design' restrictions excuse...

If there is a will there is a way. Unfortunately there is no will. At least not at the moment.
    BB is more interested with the 99%+ of the market and what matters to default segment than features that matter to outlier segment. While BB10 fans might like certain features, Android users do not agree necessarily..
    12-01-17 06:02 PM
    BB is more interested with the 99%+ of the market and what matters to default segment than features that matter to outlier segment. While BB10 fans might like certain features, Android users do not agree necessarily..
    Well then good luck creating a unique product that stands out.
    12-01-17 06:04 PM
    Well then good luck creating a unique product that stands out.
    Who cares about unique products that don't make enough money to to break even let alone generate enough profit to pay for the risk?

These companies aren't charities. The BOD is responsible to shareholders or the companies lose their shareholders and eventually go broke.

If you think you have great ideas, raise the capital and license the brand and manufacture your hardware or software dreams. I mean if Andy Rubin can do it with the Essential Phone, how difficult can it be?
    12-01-17 06:51 PM
    Who cares about unique products that don't make enough money to to break even let alone generate enough profit to pay for the risk?

These companies aren't charities. The BOD is responsible to shareholders or the companies lose their shareholders and eventually go broke.

If you think you have great ideas, raise the capital and license the brand and manufacture your hardware or software dreams. I mean if Andy Rubin can do it with the Essential Phone, how difficult can it be?
    Believe me I understand the concept of profitability. No business has its place on earth if it doesn't generate profit and if this business has a very small margin due to such a competitive landscape than in my eyes the only way to be able to both stay in the game and increase your margins thereby creating more profit is by having a unique product that people want.

If your argument is that people don't want that product (a unique BlackBerry Android UX) than that's a whole different discussion. The greatest companies in the world create a product they think is great and then get after creating the demand for it! At this point BB may not have the means to do it but that doesn't mean that small changes can't be made.

I made more than several suggestion around here, most of which do not require much software development yet will significantly increase productivity, most of which are rejected and it's okay, I am not the developer / app owner, rather I am just an advanced user that has an opinion and wants to help make BB better. Nobody have have to follow or listen....
    12-01-17 07:15 PM
    It took Samsung more than 6 years to make its UX usable with its full development weight and financial resources behind the project.

BlackBerry is far better to stick with close-to-stock, and lightweight value-adds.

I doubt we'll see anything more than iterative changes going forward (which is a good thing).
    12-01-17 07:21 PM
    Believe me I understand the concept of profitability. No business has its place on earth if it doesn't generate profit and if this business has a very small margin due to such a competitive landscape than in my eyes the only way to be able to both stay in the game and increase your margins thereby creating more profit is by having a unique product that people want.

If your argument is that people don't want that product (a unique BlackBerry Android UX) than that's a whole different discussion. The greatest companies in the world create a product they think is great and then get after creating the demand for it! At this point BB may not have the means to do it but that doesn't mean that small changes can't be made.

I made more than several suggestion around here, most of which do not require much software development yet will significantly increase productivity, most of which are rejected and it's okay, I am not the developer / app owner, rather I am just an advanced user that has an opinion and wants to help make BB better. Nobody have have to follow or listen....
    The point is, BB and BBMo are going for low hanging fruit. Catering to BB10 fans has been a failure since most people left to Android/IOS. Those people have adopted to different UX. BB left hardware for a reason and the BBAndroid software doesn't seem to be a significant part of their business model either.

BB wants to improve BB, however they're looking at it from a different perspective of what "better" means....
    12-01-17 07:27 PM
    The point is, BB and BBMo are going for low hanging fruit. Catering to BB10 fans has been a failure since most people left to Android/IOS. Those people have adopted to different UX. BB left hardware for a reason and the BBAndroid software doesn't seem to be a significant part of their business model either.

BB wants to improve BB, however they're looking at it from a different perspective of what "better" means....
    Yeah, I am glad you say that because now this discussion is becoming more meaningful. There is no right or wrong here; there are just different approaches to doing business. Obviously when one goes for the low hanging fruit they can expect more competition and therfore subtle changes that will differentiate the UX and make it exclusively to BB Android devices will make life easier for BB in my opinion as catering to the mass Android market is a lost battle to begin with....who exactly are you going to fight for a low hanging fruit? A Samsung S6 or S7 customer? Good luck with that....

I am of the thought that BB devices are designed for users that want a great communication tool more so than a great media tool. There is enough users that will gladly go for a BlackBerry if it was polished to this standard. These users will very easily become loyal and repeat customers, something that most manufacturers can only dream of these days.
    12-01-17 08:05 PM
    Yeah, I am glad you say that because now this discussion is becoming more meaningful. There is no right or wrong here; there are just different approaches to doing business. Obviously when one goes for the low hanging fruit they can expect more competition and therfore subtle changes that will differentiate the UX and make it exclusively to BB Android devices will make life easier for BB in my opinion as catering to the mass Android market is a lost battle to begin with....who exactly are you going to fight for a low hanging fruit? A Samsung S6 or S7 customer? Good luck with that....

I am of the thought that BB devices are designed for users that want a great communication tool more so than a great media tool. There is enough users that will gladly go for a BlackBerry if it was polished to this standard. These users will very easily become loyal and repeat customers, something that most manufacturers can only dream of these days.
    I don't know if that's a strategy they're following as differentiation. Better communication tool vs better media tool sounds too much like consumer vs enterprise when it's really what phone do people like when they BYOD.

BBMo devices need to be a better value than other Android devices. They need to be good communication and media tools with features that appeal to broad spectrum. Think Ford and Chevrolet in USA and Canada.
    12-01-17 08:36 PM
    It would be nice if they'd duplicate the old BBos text messaging experience in their stock image and let the other 99% download their weapon of choice. Their going to do that anyway, and since it's Android they can. But two things I really miss so far are the way text messages appeared when reading them and the Reminder app which I guess didn't come until BB10. I have evernote to sync my notes to the tablets, laptop etc... but I preferred the Reminder interface on the phone.

Maps... I guess Google maps work ok but BB Maps was my friend for many years...
    12-01-17 11:57 PM