Not sure if this is even possible, but with Apple devices when you click on a internet link in an E-mail and you want to go back to your inbox then there is this "button": [<Mail] in the top left corner of the browser to get back to the E-mail message.
    Would it be technical possible for BB to make something similar? Some kind of overriding "button" that works no mater what browser one uses? In my case Opera. Sure, when you click on a link in an E-mail and then hit the < triangle to the left, it brings you back to E-mail message, but this only works when you don't click on a few more links in the browser. Then you have to click many times on the < triangle to get back to the original E-mail. With Apple you can click on a internet link in a E-mail and click on more links on that internet page. 1 click on [<Mail] in the top left corner brings you back.

Just wondering if this could be done. That's all.
    10-05-16 01:05 PM
    Not sure if this is even possible, but with Apple devices when you click on a internet link in an E-mail and you want to go back to your inbox then there is this "button": [<Mail] in the top left corner of the browser to get back to the E-mail message.
    Would it be technical possible for BB to make something similar? Some kind of overriding "button" that works no mater what browser one uses? In my case Opera. Sure, when you click on a link in an E-mail and then hit the < triangle to the left, it brings you back to E-mail message, but this only works when you don't click on a few more links in the browser. Then you have to click many times on the < triangle to get back to the original E-mail. With Apple you can click on a internet link in a E-mail and click on more links on that internet page. 1 click on [<Mail] in the top left corner brings you back.

Just wondering if this could be done. That's all.
    Maybe not as elegant but can't you hit the Recent Button (box) and tap on the email/hub?
    10-05-16 01:50 PM
    Maybe not as elegant but can't you hit the Recent Button (box) and tap on the email/hub?
    Thanks for jogging my memory that there is an alternative method to do the requested.
    But you're right, it isn't as elegant as the method I mentioned.
    In my opinion these small cosmetic changes are what matters most when it comes to user-friendliness.
    10-31-16 08:55 AM
    @FF22, I don't know if you know, but I didn't know until a short while back that if you double tap on the square it'll bring you straight back to the previous app. Pretty much what I was hoping for in the openings post. Maybe some other oblivious Android n00bies (you?) weren't aware of this "trick" either. Thought I mention it. I do wonder however IF this was available for the Priv (Lollipop/Marshmallow) all along at the time I created the thread. Then it could've saved a lot of frustration up until recently. Only convenient thing missing at this moment is a double tap method to bring down the two upper row icons on the home screens (like the iPhone does), but I guess I'll open another thread for that soon in the Hub section.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-15-17 12:44 PM
    @FF22, I don't know if you know, but I didn't know until a short while back that if you double tap on the square it'll bring you straight back to the previous app. Pretty much what I was hoping for in the openings post. Maybe some other oblivious Android n00bies (you?) weren't aware of this "trick" either. Thought I mention it. I do wonder however IF this was available for the Priv (Lollipop/Marshmallow) all along at the time I created the thread. Then it could've saved a lot of frustration up until recently. Only convenient thing missing at this moment is a double tap method to bring down the two upper row icons on the home screens (like the iPhone does), but I guess I'll open another thread for that soon in the Hub section.
    It's a Nougat function.
    WT44 likes this.
    12-15-17 12:47 PM
    If only there were some sort of gesture...
    WT44 likes this.
    12-15-17 12:49 PM
    It's a Nougat function.
    Pffff, thanks, now that would have been dumb if it existed all along LOL. I wonder what other "tricks" there are that would make smartphone life more convenient. Seriously, due to pure luck I "discovered" this trick because the navigation square wasn't working (as talked about in other threads on CB).

If only there were some sort of gesture...
    That'll probably not happen since it isn't one ecosystem like with Apple's iPhone. On the other hand, there are some "pie control" apps which do one thing or the other in this respect, but I haven't find the time to research the matter.
    Last edited by WT44; 12-15-17 at 03:26 PM.
    12-15-17 01:04 PM