Does anyone have any suggestions or positive experiences with a good back-u app? I really miss Link for that purpose.

Looking for either a good free app or paid, just want to ability to back up all of my phone contents to my computer for later restore.

Thank you!!
    09-22-16 01:58 PM
    Check this thread out. There are several others dealing with this issue but the linked is most appropriate to your question.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...puter-1071412/

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    09-22-16 04:02 PM
    You can try BlackBerry's App called "BlackBerry Content Transfer" via Google Drive and these are the steps on how to backup your Priv device :

In regards to backing up the Priv using content Transfer, kindly do these steps:

-Open Content Transfer App.
    -Select "This is my PREVIOUS Device"
    -Enter Google account
    -Select the Data you wanted to transfer by putting a check mark on the Boxes.
    -Tap Start once you are ready.
    -Create a password (A 4 digit number will do)
    -Tap On Next and the transfer will start.

Depending on the amount of data on your Priv device and the speed of your Wi-Fi network, the transfer can take several hours. Do not disconnect the device from the Wi-Fi network until the transfer is complete.

If you choose to agree me: I would suggest that you use this APP in backing up contacts, sms and calendars only because media files take a lot of memory on the Google driver server.

I would suggest just copy and paste media files from the Priv to the computer. You can also enable auto back up on Photos and videos taken by the Priv Camera that is by using the Google Photos App.

Kindly refer to this link about Google Photos auto-back up :https://support.google.com/photos/an...DAndroid&hl=en

There is also an App called "Super Back up" on the Google Play store it is a good back up App as well.
    09-25-16 01:00 PM
    Try BlackBerry content transfer APP:
    In regards to backing up the Priv using content Transfer, kindly do these steps:

-Open Content Transfer App.
    -Select "This is my PREVIOUS Device"
    -Enter Google account
    -Select the Data you wanted to transfer by putting a check mark on the Boxes.
    -Tap Start once you are ready.
    -Create a password (A 4 digit number will do)
    -Tap On Next and the transfer will start.

Depending on the amount of data on your Priv device and the speed of your Wi-Fi network, the transfer can take several hours. Do not disconnect the device from the Wi-Fi network until the transfer is complete.

Or USE the app called "Super Backup" it is a good back-up app as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-16 01:10 PM