As you can see in the attached screenshots, some of my fonts are now outline or "hollow" fonts. They are outlined in RED in the shots. I think this is a new phenomenon and I don't think I added anything to create it. I will check for new apps but this FONT stuff is affecting a variety of apps and how they display text. As you can see, it is not in all areas of the text shown on the screen. It seems somewhat selective. It is two places in the Snooze screen, in the Asus File Manager it is storage size and in the Update check, in the results. Oh, this is my Verizon Priv. My Shopbb does not seem to show those traits. Anyone have an idea of what I might have done? (and let me warn you, do NOT turn on TalkBack mode - hard to disable!)

Verizon Priv

Suddenly getting "hollow" fonts.  I think this is new this week or so???-screenshot_20170205-101129.jpg
    Suddenly getting "hollow" fonts.  I think this is new this week or so???-screenshot_20170205-101152.jpg
    Suddenly getting "hollow" fonts.  I think this is new this week or so???-screenshot_20170205-101245.jpg

ShopBB with Tmob sim

Suddenly getting "hollow" fonts.  I think this is new this week or so???-screenshot_20170205-102511.jpg
    Suddenly getting "hollow" fonts.  I think this is new this week or so???-screenshot_20170205-102402.jpg
    02-05-17 12:28 PM
    Odd... possibly related though... do you have the Dark Hub beta installed?
    02-05-17 12:35 PM
    lol Settings > Accessibility > High contrast text.
    Suddenly getting "hollow" fonts.  I think this is new this week or so???-screenshot_20170205-193802.jpg
    Suddenly getting "hollow" fonts.  I think this is new this week or so???-screenshot_20170205-193737.jpg
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-05-17 12:40 PM
    Odd... possibly related though... do you have the Dark Hub beta installed?
    No.

BUT Mirko is the WINNER - High Contrast Text.

See further reply...
    Bla1ze likes this.
    02-05-17 12:48 PM
    lol Settings > Accessibility > High contrast text.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170205-193802.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	417014
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170205-193737.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	417015
    Ding, Ding, DING. We have a winner!! That was it.

What I noticed after posting my pictures was that the OUTLINE text was showing in screens where the ShopBB Priv shows Blue text. So it would appear to replace the Blue text with that outline font!

Thanks. It was mildly annoying

As opposed to the incredibly annoying TalkBack function which I enabled to try answering someone else's question and then could not disable. It just keep jabbering away and talking incessantly with no way to stop it. Finding an answer online was fun, especially after the fact. People swearing and wanting to kill kids who enabled it and thanking god for a solution to this stupid function. DO NOT enable TalkBack without knowing clearly how to terminate it!!!!
    02-05-17 12:53 PM
    Ding, Ding, DING. We have a winner!! That was it.

What I noticed after posting my pictures was that the OUTLINE text was showing in screens where the ShopBB Priv shows Blue text. So it would appear to replace the Blue text with that outline font!

Thanks. It was mildly annoying

As opposed to the incredibly annoying TalkBack function which I enabled to try answering someone else's question and then could not disable. It just keep jabbering away and talking incessantly with no way to stop it. Finding an answer online was fun, especially after the fact. People swearing and wanting to kill kids who enabled it and thanking god for a solution to this stupid function. DO NOT enable TalkBack without knowing clearly how to terminate it!!!!
    You're welcome. I didn't test it much, but I'd guess it has more to do with how dark the text is, not just what color it is. Blue text is most common on Android so that's why it seems to outline that. But I could be wrong.

lol @ the story about TalkBack. I turned it on once to see what it's about but I managed to turn it off immediately. Sure, it's annoying if you turn it on by mistake, but afaik it's very useful to people with poor eyesight.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-05-17 01:08 PM