Hello all,

The stock alarm clockworks but to turn the damn thing off in the morning is a job in itself!

I have to swipe down and hit the bar that shows the alarm is going off.

Is there a easier way to turn it off when the alarm is waking me up?

Tips or tricks?
    03-16-16 05:44 PM
    Hammer!

Sorry, could not resist.

Awaiting an alarm.....

I thought I hit the X but it still played! It is a small target. But I know some people complain that some alarms are too easy to stop and they oversleep.
    03-16-16 06:31 PM
    Two choices would be:

1.) Set up a device password and choose the time lock interval. When the device is locked the alarm is right there, just swipe right.

2.) Open your Clock app, enter the settings and then set your volume keys function to 'Dismiss. This way you don't have to lock your device and can simply press your volume keys instead of hunting for that tiny X with sleep goggles on at that God awful hour of the AM that signals the start of the work day...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails The stock Alarm, how do you turn it off when its going off-5769.jpg  
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-16-16 at 07:07 PM.
    texn884 likes this.
    03-16-16 06:46 PM
    I came from a long line of BlackBerrys and missed BB10 Alarm clock.

If you don't mind using an app I use Alarm Clock Extreme Free and it works great.

texn884 likes this.
    03-16-16 07:26 PM
    hi civil,
    i have the volume key set but until you said this i did not know, hmmmm dummy, lol

arnold,

i just dowm loaded the app will try tonight. wake me at 615 if i dont get up at 600, lol
    03-16-16 09:41 PM
    No problem I'm an early riser... lol but I think you'll like it. It's been a good replacement for me.
    03-16-16 10:08 PM
    I have the flip case and I swipe within the window to turn it off or on snooze. Works just fine for me.

Posted via my Priv
    03-17-16 03:10 AM
    On the full alarm screen as pictured above, swipe the alarm symbol left to the zzz to snooze, swipe it right to the alarm symbol with the slash through it to turn off. It's that simple.
    03-17-16 06:46 AM
    Two choices would be:

1.) Set up a device password and choose the time lock interval. When the device is locked the alarm is right there, just swipe right.

2.) Open your Clock app, enter the settings and then set your volume keys function to 'Dismiss. This way you don't have to lock your device and can simply press your volume keys instead of hunting for that tiny X with sleep goggles on at that God awful hour of the AM that signals the start of the work day...

+1 on this. I never seem to be coordinated enough to swipe it correctly.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    03-17-16 07:37 AM
    I loaded this free app Alarm Clock Extreme Free!

Works like BB10 alarm and much much much easier and all you do to turn it off is tap.
    03-17-16 07:43 AM
    That alarm is extremely annoying! If by mistake you press the Home button the alarm goes into the background but keeps on ringing and then "Hello Charlie, let's play a game: find the alarm!". It's not an easy task when I am fully awake but when there is half a millimeter between my eyelids it becomes impossible!! And this morning, besides putting it in the background, I somehow managed to close all the apps (including the alarm) so not only it kept ringing, it completely disappeared. I eventually found it in the notifications bar! I want my BB 10 back
    06-14-17 12:34 AM