So before the MM update arrived, I was having a ton of MMS issues... Wasn't receiving a majority of group texts, and wasn't receiving many photos either. This was going on even after I switched to using Textra.

Now after AT&T finally released MM, i'm STILL having the same MMS issues. Primarily when it comes to not receiving a ton of texts in group messages. I was hoping that MM would have fixed that issue, but it seems like it hasn't. Still using Textra and tried Yata also.... Still no dice.

Anyone else have these issues? If so, did you find a fix? Did MM fix the problem for you?
    07-16-16 11:11 PM
    How do you know if you are having MMS issues

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-16-16 11:19 PM
    A notification pops up stating that a message didn't come through.
    07-16-16 11:25 PM
    Oh wow! I wonder if it's network dependent that seems odd

07-16-16 11:29 PM
    I've had the same issue with AT&T.

I hate calling AT&T because I'm pretty savvy with phones and computers and the first line has to use their inane scripts.

But on this issue the script was right. The CSR asked me if I had wifi on. Of course... stupid question. She asked me to turn it off and MMS started working after weeks of no joy. I don't know what one thing had to do with the other but after that it worked fine with wifi on or off.

Another time I'd switch SIMs from an android phone to the BlackBerry phone. It screwed up MMS on both phones. I just went to the store and got new Sims for both and it instantly worked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-16-16 11:39 PM
    I'm definitely wondering the same. Saw a few online articles from months back stated that this has been a problem with AT&T privs
    07-16-16 11:40 PM
    Thats definitely pretty interesting @CharlieV.

It's been doing the same thing for me with wifi on and off.... Can't get a break. Might just have to go to a store tomorrow and see about getting a different SIM
    07-16-16 11:44 PM
    A notification pops up stating that a message didn't come through.
    Are you using a separate app for your mms or using messenger?

I had a similar issue prior to the Marshmallow update. I started using Chomp MMS and it solved the issue. Messengers sucks imo. Having access to all the apps is kind of nice, but as a pure messaging device, BB1O is better.

Check your settings and you can reset the APN settings . If it persists, check in with your carrier and get them to help APN settings

Posted from my reluctantly purchased Priv
    07-16-16 11:58 PM
    Yea I've been using Textra. It definitely works a lot better than messenger for sure. I didn't get any group messages at all with messenger... But at least get around half with Textra.

I'll try out Chomp and see if that might fix it. Crossing my fingers. Will also try reseting the APN settings.
    07-17-16 12:11 AM
    I am on Cricket Wireless and I have intermittent MMS issues ever since. I use Textra and the problems surfaced again.

I am a long time BlackBerry loyalist but this issue may be the death nail of my love for this once great device maker. If a phone carries the BlackBerry logo it should be able to any and all messenging without issue. That is the heritage of BlackBerry and this PRIV in my experience tosses that out the window.

Never had issues on my Passport with ATT. Android is garbage vs BB10 it's hard to believe this amateur hour OS has kicked BlackBerry's butt. It's sad that Clash of Clans and Instagram are more important to the average smart phone user than having reliable communications.

07-17-16 09:19 AM
    Anyone else have these issues? If so, did you find a fix? Did MM fix the problem for you?
    I am on Cricket Wireless and I have the same issues. WiFi being off doesn't seem to help all the time but I have used some special settings for my APN that may be the issue.

I am starting to feel like this PRIV is a lemon. Doesn't have the build quality of the Passport.

07-17-16 09:23 AM
    Interesting some on AT&T are having issues with MMS whether connected to WiFi or not. I've had my Priv since launch and I did have an issue initially with MMS when connected to WiFi but that cleared up without me doing anything other than dropping WiFi and reconnecting.

I have had no issues since and I send/receive group MMS messages frequently with and without pictures. I am using the messenger app as well and no issues running Marshmallow either.

Sorry some are continuing to have issues... 😖

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    07-17-16 09:48 AM

I had a similar issue prior to the Marshmallow update. I started using Chomp MMS and it solved the issue.
    So I switched to Chomp SMS and it seems to be working a lot better than Textra was. Every group message seems to be coming through. Haven't had one notification yet of messages not being received or messages that get received in the middle of a conversation where the beginning texts never came through. Usually would have had several of those problems by now with Textra. Hope it keeps up!
    07-17-16 12:03 PM
    I have the same issue and am on AT&T. I miss a lot of group texts, I get a lot of "click to download message" notifications on sms. I miss a lot of picture messages too, mostly from group texts. Wi-Fi doesn't matter.

I know I'm missing texts because my fiance is in the same text group and she gets the messages that I miss. Also my brother has sent messages to me and they never came through, not even a failed message notification. There is no relation to which carrier or phone type the messages came from.

I called AT&T and was given a number to call blackberry support. I called blackberry and was told that this is a big problem they have been aware of and working to resolve with AT&T. No estimate on how long, if possible, a resolve will take. They logged a ticket and told me I can check in for updates, haven't bothered yet.

Hope to find a fix, but it does bail me out when she asks "can you pick up something from the store on the way home?".
    Oh... umm... didn't get the text.
    07-17-16 05:12 PM
    I tried using the messenger app today after receiving my unlocked priv over the weekend. Still not getting MMS messages and I'm on AT&T using the messenger app. Made hangouts my sms app and the picture finally came through. Definitely not acceptable.
    07-17-16 06:34 PM
    So I switched to Chomp SMS and it seems to be working a lot better than Textra was. Every group message seems to be coming through. Haven't had one notification yet of messages not being received or messages that get received in the middle of a conversation where the beginning texts never came through. Usually would have had several of those problems by now with Textra. Hope it keeps up!
    Good deal ! I used Android intermittently, but my daily driver has been BlackBerry for at least 12 years. When I picked up my Priv I was honestly shocked at how bad the messaging was compared to BB10. I seriously tried about eight MMS apps.

Glad Chomp worked for you as well. It has performed well for me. In fact I even bought the "pro" version for $2. You may choose that as well because at about two weeks in, you start to get ads.

Posted from my reluctantly purchased Priv
    07-17-16 07:41 PM
    Hadn't thought about it, but maybe that's my problem as well. When you say dropped wi fi, do you mean just switch off and on?
    07-17-16 08:02 PM
    I turned off enhanced LTE. That's what fixed it for me. Also I use yataa for sms/mms. Everything comes through fine now

07-17-16 11:30 PM
    I'm on AT&T with a factory unlocked phone and the default messenger app. Zero problems with MMS and never have had any, whether on WiFi or not.

I wonder if it's the enhanced LTE services that are causing the problem (in which case it's not the phone, its AT&T) as the factory unlocked model won't connect on IMS at all -- AT&T prohibits it.
    07-17-16 11:38 PM
    So before the MM update arrived, I was having a ton of MMS issues... Wasn't receiving a majority of group texts, and wasn't receiving many photos either. This was going on even after I switched to using Textra.

Now after AT&T finally released MM, i'm STILL having the same MMS issues. Primarily when it comes to not receiving a ton of texts in group messages. I was hoping that MM would have fixed that issue, but it seems like it hasn't. Still using Textra and tried Yata also.... Still no dice.

I have had this both with a BlackBerry and a I phone................it is a setting on the network side, the reason a new SIM corrects the problem is that when the SIM is registered it updates all of the settings and the setting that is not working is now working.........
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-16 07:29 AM
    Well..... All was smooth after getting a new SIM and switching to chompSMS a couple of weeks ago. Then yesterday, I start getting the dreaded MMS failed to download and check APN settings then tap to retry notifications again with group messages. And random replies from one person not knowing what anyone else in the group said before that reply. Still doing it today... I don't know what else to try or what other fixes there can possibly be. I really hope BB and AT&T get a fix for this sooner than later. Its getting ridiculous.
    08-02-16 04:39 PM