Still plan on ordering, but if I pre-order from shopblackberry now, does anyone know if you would still get the hardshell?

Would be nice since I'd be last in line at this point lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:12 AM
    I ordered on 29 October and still didn't get any email from BlackBerry about a hardshell or a charger. Today they charged my credit card and the order status is order in progress. I don't think it shipped yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:14 AM
    I ordered on 29 October and still didn't get any email from BlackBerry about a hardshell or a charger. Today they charged my credit card and the order status is order in progress. I don't think it shipped yet.

Posted via CB10
    Check the junk mail.
    11-06-15 10:15 AM
    @RLTURN

Dude I thought you already decided to order? I think you are a BlackBerry10 user....maybe you should just wait. Your level of commitment to the Priv seems rather shaky.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:15 AM
    Dude I thought you already decided to order? I think you are a BlackBerry10 user....maybe you should just wait. Your level of commitment on the Priv seems rather shaky.

Posted via CB10
    What?! You got to be kidding lol. I normally order on launch day. Just woke up as I was up until 4AM reading the reviews. Look in the marketplace... I sold one of my Z10, Z30, and Passport (and an iPad) to raise some money to order.

I see shopblackberry now says ships the 23rd. Yeah... maybe I should have pre-ordered! :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:18 AM
    Still plan on ordering, but if I pre-order from shopblackberry now, does anyone know if you would still get the hardshell?

Would be nice since I'd be last in line at this point lol.

Posted via CB10
    Is it still technically considered "pre-ordering" after launch day? Im pretty sure it would just be an order now.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:22 AM
    I ordered on Oct 31 in Toronto. Got the email for the free stuff this morning.
    11-06-15 10:24 AM
    What?! You got to be kidding lol. I normally order on launch day. Just woke up as I was up until 4AM reading the reviews. Look in the marketplace... I sold one of my Z10, Z30, and Passport (and an iPad) to raise some money to order.

I see shopblackberry now says ships the 23rd. Yeah... maybe I should have pre-ordered! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I should have pre-ordered too... November 23rd... that's balls!
    11-06-15 10:25 AM
    Is it still technically considered "pre-ordering" after launch day? Im pretty sure it would just be an order now.

Posted via CB10
    They still have it as a pre-order now not shipping until Nov 23rd. Not sure if I should buy a case with it or not. Maybe I'll just buy the cases from CB and screen protector from Amazon if I don't get that email :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:28 AM
    Well I placed my "pre-order" a few minutes ago. Not too thrilled about the wait, but I'll let you guys know if I get an email regarding the free hard shell. I didn't order anything except the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:10 AM
    Check the junk mail.
    Yeah it was in the junk mail, Thanks man!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:22 AM
    Check the junk mail.
    Oh wow, that's where the email was for me. Why was it in the junk mail!? I'll receive details on how to redeem the accessories once my priv ships. Cool.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:41 AM
    Oh wow, that's where the email was for me. Why was it in the junk mail!? I'll receive details on how to redeem the accessories once my priv ships. Cool.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh.. nice of them to offer, but if it not coming with my Priv then I'll just order here, Amazon, or maybe through AT&T since my neighbor works there and gets discounts.

...still have weeks to wait now anyway :-(

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:01 PM
    Ahh.. nice of them to offer, but if it not coming with my Priv then I'll just order here, Amazon, or maybe through AT&T since my neighbor works there and gets discounts.

...still have weeks to wait now anyway :-(

Posted via CB10
    You could also order with BHPhoto. They don't charge tax outside of New York and will have the phone in stock in a couple of weeks. Free shipping too.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:45 PM
    You could also order with BHPhoto. They don't charge tax outside of New York and will have the phone in stock in a couple of weeks. Free shipping too.

Posted via CB10
    Now you tell me lol.

Was hoping Amazon would be on board with the launch, but man the taxes were another $50!

Almost tempted to sign a contract with AT&T, but would rather have unlocked and no carrier branding along with more flexibility.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:54 PM
    Now you tell me lol.

Was hoping Amazon would be on board with the launch, but man the taxes were another $50!

Almost tempted to sign a contract with AT&T, but would rather have unlocked and no carrier branding along with more flexibility.

Posted via CB10
    At this point, I'll see if I hear anything from shopblackberry tomorrow since it'll be a Monday, if not I may just cancel.

Luckily I'm on AT&T. Would much prefer an unlocked device and would probably leave my order, but it's pretty difficult when my mother will be going in to get her Priv this week at AT&T yet I ordered directly from BlackBerry and am waiting until the week of the 23rd at the earliest.

If I did or do get the hard shell I may just wait, but by the time I get the device it'll be Black Friday so if there's a sale then I'm going to have to refuse delivery and re-order. Just a bit frustrating when I can drive down the road and pick one up any day now from AT&T.

As a side note, I do not believe BlackBerry had any idea that this device would sell. I was monitoring the store stock throughout Friday and the weekend. On Friday, my closet AT&T store sold out... later Friday the next closest sold out... so my mom and I ended up driving to another AT&T store to purchase the device. We did not get it because she is under contract and the rep wouldn't allow her to pay out of her contract and sign a new one for the Priv so I'll have to call them via telephone.

Anyway, I checked again and the store we went to is now sold out, but the closest store does have more stock as of now. So these AT&T stores are getting first dibs on shipments while my shopblackberry order is sitting there for weeks with no hard shell thrown in or even an "I'm sorry, but your order will take longer to process" email. Tempted to just sign with AT&T, but really like the idea of no carrier branding and possibly a faster update to Marshmallow.

I do believe sales were extremely underestimated which also forced Verizon to admit they will be carrying the Priv "soon". Good news for BlackBerry, but wish they'd give some allocation to shopblackberry. $750 outright was not cheap and $249 + $15/month may just be better for me or a Next program. Just my rant for now. Will follow up :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:40 AM