Hi folks. I'm listening to Spotify and I cant turn it off. I've :

1. X'ed out of the app. Still plays
    2. Restarted the Priv. App plays all through restart.
    3. Deleted Spotify. App still plays.
    4. Uninstalled Spotify. App still plays.
    5. Rebooted Priv. Spotify continues to play through reboot.
    6. Reinstalled Spotify. App continues to play while installing.
    7. Force-quit Spotify: app continues to play.

What do I do now?
    01-30-17 07:25 PM
    Are you serious or trolling? An app playing through restart isn't even possible...

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-30-17 07:33 PM
    Serious as I can be! I've never seen anything like this. I guess I can just wait till the battery completely drains???
    01-30-17 07:38 PM
    I wouldn't wait, I would wipe that sucker ; wiping has got to be quicker than waiting for a battery to run out.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 07:42 PM
    So here is what I did:

After all of the above, I switched to a different playlist and still couldn't turn it off. Then, I changed the speakers to "device" instead of the Sonos, and then IT TURNED OFF!!

Hallelujah! Except, now I miss it, because the jam was good!

I am seriously curious, though, how this could be??!? How can the device still play when turned off, rebooted, etc...?
    01-30-17 07:47 PM
    You were streaming to wireless speakers?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 07:58 PM
    You were streaming to wireless speakers?

Posted via CB10
    Yes
    01-30-17 08:03 PM
    Did you actually reboot, or just restart? Next time try a 32 sec power button hold reboot.
    Just throwing ideas out - possibly you had a lot of it buffered to SD, and the audio chip was never told to stop playing what was there?
    Do the Sonos themselves have memory?
    01-30-17 08:09 PM
    Did you actually reboot, or just restart? Next time try a 32 sec power button hold reboot.
    Just throwing ideas out - possibly you had a lot of it buffered to SD, and the audio chip was never told to stop playing what was there?
    Do the Sonos themselves have memory?
    Rebooted for sure. Optimized all the apps during the reboot process. I don't know about the Sonos having memory .

When I reinstalled Spotify it accessed the currently playing song at its currently playing track location. Weird.
    01-30-17 08:57 PM
    Since you were streaming, the phone itself wasn't playing anything, your Sonos likely preloaded the song/s and continued to play even after being disconnected from your BlackBerry.

I knew it wasn't possible for your BlackBerry to continue playing music while rebooting.

Posted via CB10
    gizmo21 and Wezard like this.
    01-30-17 09:58 PM
    I never used sonos but my home system connects directly to the internet and I controls it from my phone. So basically when I send spotify from my iphone to my home system, it starts it own spotify app and then plays it. Even if I shut my phone off, it will continue playing.

Spotify isn't actually running on your phone. It's just a remote
    01-30-17 10:16 PM
    Since you were streaming, the phone itself wasn't playing anything, your Sonos likely preloaded the song/s and continued to play even after being disconnected from your BlackBerry.

I knew it wasn't possible for your BlackBerry to continue playing music while rebooting.

Posted via CB10
    This is a feature and it's called "wifi speaker", not a bug - modern technology can be so spooky
    01-30-17 11:58 PM
    I never used sonos but my home system connects directly to the internet and I controls it from my phone. So basically when I send spotify from my iphone to my home system, it starts it own spotify app and then plays it. Even if I shut my phone off, it will continue playing.

Spotify isn't actually running on your phone. It's just a remote
    Interesting. That could very well be the culprit.
    01-31-17 06:46 AM
    How Spotify connect works... as far as I know from my usage.

I've got multiple devices. Android Tablet, PRIV, iPhone, Desktop App. I use them to send to my Sony Home Theatre Amp that has built in Spotify Connect. All connected to the same WiFi network.

When I open the app on any of my devices and choose to 'play on' Sony Amp, I will get a notification both my Android devices. I don't get the notification my iPhone.
    01-31-17 09:56 AM