How I imagine BlackBerry will act: Scheduled for Nov 6th. Delayed to Dec 25th because of reasons. Oh wait this is a holiday... mhh ok let's release it a week later. Oh this is also a holiday... mhh ok then it's Jan 8th.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and pat-wallace like this.
    10-11-15 02:37 AM
    It's amazing how we don't have the confirmed specs, let alone a release date. Maybe BlackBerry could learn a thing or two from Apple.. like how to reveal something then have it available within a few weeks..
    Apple's way is to not reveal anything and let rumours run rampant. Once the device is announced, start /pre-orders/ a few days later, and finally have device availability two and a half weeks later. If BlackBerry kept completely quiet, some people would be here complaining that BlackBerry *can't afford* to be so secretive like Apple and should leak info about the devices "to keep loyal fans" interested.
    Steve Rizla likes this.
    10-11-15 03:48 AM
    I have written it elsewhere... if they miss the launch in november they lose the game!
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-11-15 04:58 AM
    Attachment 375336

Posted via CB10
    I was coming to post this, already beat me, lol

If BlackBerry had any marketing chops, they'd release on November 5th
    10-11-15 05:44 AM
    It's being released right now. I've been camping out this whole time for it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Hope it's warm and dry where you are, you might be in for a wait.

Sent from my Awesome Lumia 1520
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-11-15 06:32 AM
    As I have said on some of my previous post, the "coming soon" advertising mentality being posted on the Blackberry website doesn't cut it anymore, their competitors already have their devices out on the market and are selling like hotcakes, give us a dam official release date please!!!!

I caught a tidbit during Chen's little interview on the Priv, where he stated that they have been testing the device for close to a year. I would have thought that timeframe someone up there in Waterloo would be able to commit to a date and be ready to take orders? But, based on previous device launches, they will be late to the game, price the device to high and be right back to square one!!! Some out there may think this a a little harsh, but based on past performances, it looks like reality.

As far as predicting a release date, I can't think of a better time then the present!!! Nothing would make me happier then to look on the Blackberry website tomorrow morning (10/12/15) and see a "Buy it Now" tab next to the Priv.
    10-11-15 06:51 AM
    Both the classic and passport had price drops rather quickly after being release, so I am hoping that Blackberry has learned their lesson about pricing of their devices. It seems that Chen understands that Blackberry, with carrier support, might have to do something different when it comes to pricing to offset the overall price of the device. I expect Blackberry to offer some type of trade in promotion to further discount the device.
    10-11-15 06:59 AM
    I expect Blackberry to offer some type of trade in promotion to further discount the device.
    Trade in your Playbook for $5 off a new phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 08:49 AM
    How I imagine BlackBerry will act: Scheduled for Nov 6th. Delayed to Dec 25th because of reasons. Oh wait this is a holiday... mhh ok let's release it a week later. Oh this is also a holiday... mhh ok then it's Jan 8th.

Posted via CB10
    sounds about right....
    10-11-15 06:28 PM
    I have written it elsewhere... if they miss the launch in november they lose the game!
    They'd probably lose some sales, right. But remember who it is targeted at ... not that much dependant of Santa's gifts.

So, here's my prediction wish : Not until it's fully ready and polished. I can wait.
    P.S: But I'd like it to count somehow in next Q figures ...
    10-12-15 07:58 AM
    They'd probably lose some sales, right. But remember who it is targeted at ... not that much dependant of Santa's gifts.

So, here's my prediction wish : Not until it's fully ready and polished. I can wait.
    P.S: But I'd like it to count somehow in next Q figures ...
    We have seen the hardware and we have see the OS.... just haven't seen much of the BlackBerry Experience. And that is really the key part of this whole move to Android. It needs to be finished, and it needs to have as little as possible impact on performance..... and it needs to WORK.

Cause I think Chen want's to use the launch of the PRIV to launch his really hope of the future... The BlackBerry Experience Apps for any device (Android 1st with, iOS soon after and then Windows a little later)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-12-15 08:39 AM
    I had a dream that it was announced for November 13th, so I'm going with that. It's as good as any guess at this point.
    10-13-15 03:15 AM
    If it's end of October then it would be a great birthday present from BlackBerry to me
    Crossing fingers

From BlackBerry with Love
    10-13-15 04:42 AM
    Its still baking be done soon
    10-13-15 07:28 AM
    Its still baking be done soon
    Is this a hint or something? Gahhh! I need to stay off this site for a few days.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-13-15 07:33 AM
    I'm thinking end of November, so like the 28th

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:37 AM
    They should put up the slogan on the BlackBerry site Keep Waiting, it is pathetic the pace they operate at, windows managed to announce a phone and release it, I lost count on how many other devices have been released in the last month.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:07 AM
    October 31

Z10
    10-13-15 08:11 AM
    It's going to be on either of the following dates:

28 January (Data Privacy Day) - BBRY is strongly focusing on privacy with the PRIV, so it would be a nicely relevant, albeit late, release date for it
    10 December (Human Rights Day) - right for privacy is a human right
    19 November (World Toilet Day) - because 'PRIVy', amirite?
    10-13-15 08:24 AM
    They should put up the slogan on the BlackBerry site Keep Waiting, it is pathetic the pace they operate at, windows managed to announce a phone and release it, I lost count on how many other devices have been released in the last month.
    Would you have been happier if you didn't know the existence of the PRIV until they just announce it one day?
    10-13-15 11:07 AM
    Would you have been happier if you didn't know the existence of the PRIV until they just announce it one day?
    Your point being what?, if they announce a device they have to set the release date like every other manufacturer, blackberry doesn't enjoy the novelty of customers waiting for them.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:18 PM
    Your point being what?, if they announce a device they have to set the release date like every other manufacturer, blackberry doesn't enjoy the novelty of customers waiting for them.
    There's one faction of users that want BlackBerry to communicate constantly because "they can't afford to not keep loyal customers updated, or they'll jump ship". There's the other faction that wants BlackBerry to keep everything a secret until they're ready to launch, i.e. announce and have devices available within a week or two. There's no way of pleasing both crowds.

Personally, if you're happier not knowing until it's ready for sale, then you might want to stay off blog sites and just watch your carrier.
    10-13-15 12:29 PM
    It's going to be on either of the following dates:

28 January (Data Privacy Day) - BBRY is strongly focusing on privacy with the PRIV, so it would be a nicely relevant, albeit late, release date for it
    10 December (Human Rights Day) - right for privacy is a human right
    19 November (World Toilet Day) - because 'PRIVy', amirite?
    You are thinking WAY too in-depth about this...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:52 PM
    It should be launched a month because Christmas to give people time to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:56 PM
    If you watched Chen at codemobile. Fast-forward to 24:17, that's the tell tale right there. Chens reaction to that man/woman asking it will be released this year isn't promising at all. Smh
    10-13-15 04:14 PM
75 123