Does anyone else have an issue where when a headphone is plugged in, the speaker still produces sound as well? I tried with the headphones that came with the Priv and another set and both seem to have the issue. If i use bluetooth headphones this isn't the case.
    03-28-16 01:05 PM
    Does anyone else have an issue where when a headphone is plugged in, the speaker still produces sound as well? I tried with the headphones that came with the Priv and another set and both seem to have the issue. If i use bluetooth headphones this isn't the case.
    I did have a weird anomaly where the headset was plugged in listening to music and a call came in. I pressed the center call button on the headset mic and it triggered the call to be picked up by speaker on the PRIV.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    03-28-16 01:40 PM
    Are you sure that the plug is fully inserted? Sometimes they can be tough to push all the way in.
    03-28-16 04:22 PM
    I know op was 1 month ago, but situation just started with my Priv. Early this am and prior (since I got Priv on launch day) the device speaker always turned off when I plugged in headphones.

1/2 hour ago, low + behold as I was listening to bepod thru headphones the device speaker just started broadcasting my player. I hadn't done or changed a thing, no updates, no installs etc. While I was using device and headset as per my usual, what I was listening to spouted from device speaker. Glad I wasn't anywhere other then my home.

Anyway... anyone have suggestions how to rectify? Ive been searching to see if any settings changed but it's been awhile (11.6.15) since I started and don't remember if or where there is a setting for how device reacts to headphones?!

So please and thank you for any advice. :-)

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-30-16 10:17 AM
    Yes, I did triple check that headphones are completely inserted ;-)

04-30-16 10:18 AM
    I did have this issue happen with my ios in ear headsets but all of my android version headsets are fine. This happened with the last update from around the beginning to middle of April but im not sure which update started that bug. Everything is fine with my Qjays android version.Ive restarted the device numerous times and that kinda stopped that bug.Actually alot of people are having this issue.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    04-30-16 01:14 PM
    I know op was 1 month ago, but situation just started with my Priv. Early this am and prior (since I got Priv on launch day) the device speaker always turned off when I plugged in headphones.

1/2 hour ago, low + behold as I was listening to bepod thru headphones the device speaker just started broadcasting my player. I hadn't done or changed a thing, no updates, no installs etc. While I was using device and headset as per my usual, what I was listening to spouted from device speaker. Glad I wasn't anywhere other then my home.

Anyway... anyone have suggestions how to rectify? Ive been searching to see if any settings changed but it's been awhile (11.6.15) since I started and don't remember if or where there is a setting for how device reacts to headphones?!

So please and thank you for any advice. :-)

You can test using Blackberry virtual expert from the playstore.

Main settings, Display, near the bottom.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.
    04-30-16 04:07 PM
    Thanks for your input!

05-01-16 03:48 PM