First icon, is BlackBerry hub, 4th is bbm, 5th is text, 8th is browser, last is file manager

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you.

Something strange about that slider-crackberry-image_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:35 PM
    If you see the video where Loucks actually shows the phones, the reason his thumb was on the screen was that he had just slid it up to show the keyboard.

Suggests to me that this motion has actually been trapped in the OS to ensure it doesn't trigger an action...
    03-04-15 02:53 PM
    Everyone is committing on the Black phone, on the white one as the back is to us the top holes must be the camera ? how come the slider come out from there, or I'm I missing something
    03-04-15 03:25 PM
    It has bb10 icons though and the top is correct . Maybe it just has the talk/search/etc bb10+ icons on the bottom bezel.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:42 PM
    That could be, but I don't think it'd fix any of their problems.
    Except for the cash infusion. Lol
    03-04-15 03:49 PM
    The Blackberry Slider needs a full trackpad and set of belt keys. Mostly the trackpad.

The phone is gonna be way too long / tall to operate without a trackpad at the centre.
    awindsr likes this.
    03-04-15 04:04 PM
    The Blackberry Slider needs a full trackpad and set of belt keys. Mostly the trackpad.

The phone is gonna be way too long / tall to operate without a trackpad at the centre.
    Pls no trackpad

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-04-15 04:08 PM
    Pls no trackpad

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the picture shows no trackpad. I think if they use the pkb as a touch pad like they do with the Passport, that'd be ideal.

Something strange about that slider-blackberry-slider.png
    Attached Thumbnails Something strange about that slider-blackberry-slider.png  
    Last edited by DaedalusIcarusHelios; 03-04-15 at 04:30 PM. Reason: bigger picture
    awindsr likes this.
    03-04-15 04:28 PM
    Looks like a dummy model that just lights up when the keyboard slides out. The way everything is lit seems like the icons are just laminated.
    awindsr likes this.
    03-04-15 05:16 PM
    Yeah, the picture shows no trackpad. I think if they use the pkb as a touch pad like they do with the Passport, that'd be ideal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry Slider.png 
Views:	716 
Size:	334.8 KB 
ID:	338866
    Completely agree, though if it made it buggy and was a neusance, I'd be okay with it just being a normal PKB too!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-04-15 05:43 PM
    Interesting no one noticed yet, but I would suspect that the phone they held out was only an empty shell demo.

Noticed how when he slides close the phone the screen dims, but it seems like the icons are still present. It's almost like the icons were just painted on and a bunch of LEDs were installed behind the glass to make it look like a screen!

Rumour and speculation!!!! OMG!
    purplefish212 likes this.
    03-04-15 05:57 PM
    yep^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    03-04-15 06:26 PM
    I am game to speculate for fun as much as anyone else, what would surprise me most is if this thing is even real at all. If they had something that was actually this complete I think they'd show it off a bit more. I think what we're looking at is a non functioning prototype to build hype. I think it's likely fruitless to actually try to dig deep into what we're seeing here.
    03-04-15 06:28 PM
    Interesting no one noticed yet, but I would suspect that the phone they held out was only an empty shell demo.
    If this is true then these will be the only images of this device for a long time...three to six months. If the hardware isn't ready enough to display icons then they have a lot of work to do.

Someone mentioned that the icons don't show any color. It's just light. What we are looking at is a prototype case. There probably isn't even a processor in there.
    Last edited by kellyTKD; 03-04-15 at 06:42 PM.
    03-04-15 06:31 PM
    I am game to speculate for fun as much as anyone else, what would surprise me most is if this thing is even real at all. If they had something that was actually this complete I think they'd show it off a bit more. I think what we're looking at is a non functioning prototype to build hype. I think it's likely fruitless to actually try to dig deep into what we're seeing here.
    What's the play then? To say, "Look at us, we're working on something new"?
    03-04-15 06:33 PM
    probably^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    03-04-15 06:38 PM

Noticed how when he slides close the phone the screen dims, but it seems like the icons are still present. It's almost like the icons were just painted on and a bunch of LEDs were installed behind the glass to make it look like a screen!

Check my post on page 6 and the subsequent post that showed the images I mentioned. You must have just missed it.
    03-04-15 06:39 PM
    To build off of this, my guess is they are really struggling with making the OS really use the curved edges. No doubt in my mind they have the chops to build a slider, I have one.
    03-04-15 06:41 PM
    Why not? They aren't a company that can move as fast as the other guys. They should have some fun.
    ElyHawk likes this.
    03-04-15 06:42 PM

It's been mentioned many times :\

But agreed nonetheless!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-04-15 07:32 PM
    It's not Chen, it's Louks holding the slider. The device looks SO SICK!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:52 PM
    Yes, and they needed something they could hold up for a few seconds at MWC.
    03-04-15 08:42 PM
    Yes, and they needed something they could hold up for a few seconds at MWC.
    Technically, they held up six devices at MWC.
    03-04-15 08:52 PM
    Attachment 338365

If I'm not wrong the curved screen will be used for this!

CB10 - Q10
    this would be great implementation...that on the left side, maybe contacts on the right like on the s6 edge?
    03-05-15 03:13 AM
    Agree with the above post.

For the other side I have an awesome idea, customisable shortcuts like the pkb shortcuts!

Posted via CB10
    moegh and Toodeurep like this.
    03-05-15 04:28 AM
235 ... 56789 ...