So after months of keeping this phone a secret he's going to go on stage at MWC and show the device for the very first time - and carefully places his thumb in the very center of the screen but between icons - and does the same with both hands. The PR team nods in approval - that's the way to show this phone for the very first time. This will be the image of new Blackberry hardware for 2015. No close-up photos allowed.

I don't buy it. That would be like showing off your newborn baby with your thumb on top of its nose.
    You don't have to buy it. I'm not saying what he should have or should not have done, he's the one showing the devices. All I'm saying is that putting a thumb between icons will easily allow for the phone to be shown in such a manner.
    coloibarra likes this.
    03-03-15 01:17 PM
    I dont know how I feel about the curved screen, but I would definitely need to see it in action first. I think its safe to say though that BlackBerry has some of the best innovation out there and is giving everyone an option. Love that
    03-03-15 01:45 PM
    Too many moving parts on the slider. there should be a non slider version. All i wanted was a full touchscreen berry device with passport specs and improved camera.
    They said they were bringing out four devices this year. The Leap, this slider, and the new Porsche variant make three. Leaves one more slot for a decent full-touch.
    03-03-15 02:18 PM
    It could be a still of adjusted BB10 for the screen size that is blown up fullscreen inside Android photo app
    Why are we so hung up on the possibility of it being Android?
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    03-03-15 02:19 PM
    They said they were bringing out four devices this year. The Leap, this slider, and the new Porsche variant make three. Leaves one more slot for a decent full-touch.
    I believe they mentioned the fourth would have a physical keyboard, though I may be wrong. It'd certainly make sense though, seeing as Chen said a few months back that they had a Passport 2 in the pipeline.
    03-03-15 02:21 PM
    Zoom in and look at it. There is no way in hell that phone is running bb10

Posted via CB10
    That is clearly BB10. I can see the BlackBerry World icon, and the messages icon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-15 02:23 PM
    Ikr, every new phone 'Why issnt this full touch beast waaa'

Check Out TechCraze
    03-03-15 02:24 PM
    It seems to me that the most interesting thing about a slider is watching it being open and closed. If he walked on stage with both phones already open then the mechanism isn't working yet.
    He didn't though: http://i.imgur.com/SavUfml.jpg and then http://i.imgur.com/HsDsxjP.jpg
    Ealaionta, Thunderbuck and redsaph like this.
    03-03-15 02:58 PM
    It going to have to be a bit different as there is going to be special functions which utilized the double edges!
    03-03-15 02:59 PM
    That sounds great, make money off hardware, promote the BB name, whatever it takes, do it Chen!
    03-03-15 03:03 PM
    I have a friend who used to work at BlackBerry and he got laid off when the big lay off happened, but still has many buddies there and goes to focus groups ect. He said that supposedly there's a android passport in circulation at BlackBerry. And says BlackBerry is going to start to release android OS on some BlackBerry devices. He said there will still be bb10 devices as well. So this phone having say an android os wouldn't surprise me
    That sounds great, make money off hardware, promote the BB name, whatever it takes, do it Chen!
    03-03-15 03:04 PM
    It's BlackBerry 10.

Something strange about that slider-mwc-recap6.jpgSomething strange about that slider-mwc-recap7.jpg

HUB, Contacts, something BBM, SMS, BBWorld, Amazon Appstore, Browser, something, Maps, Remember, Images, Music, Video and so on.
    03-03-15 03:05 PM
    Attachment 338352

Looks more like this pic. It has tool belt like in classic.
    It is definitely not BlackBerry OS10.3.1 as you know the icons in BlackBerry OS10.3.1 has decreased and are very tiny but in the pic it looks very big. It maybe the next BlackBerry OS or more of android +bb OS combined.
    Really waiting to get hands on it...

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    Nope, not like that, I read it's more like this, Something strange about that slider-samsung-galaxy-s6-concept-deepak.jpg
    03-03-15 03:10 PM
    It's BlackBerry 10.

HUB, Contacts, something BBM, SMS, BBWorld, Amazon Appstore, Browser, something, Maps, Remember, Images, Music, Video and so on.
    Although I'm willing to bet the Slider was also running BB10, the phone in those photos is the Leap.
    03-03-15 03:10 PM
    It may not be a real OS at all. When PlayBook was announced, it was shown running something that looked like an OS but wasn't really anything.

Who knows how far along this device is.

Would it surprise me if BlackBerry releases an Android phone? Nope.

This pic is just so bad that you can't do anything but speculate.

Posted via CB10
    Yup,.. not uncommon to have a dummy display driven by a rom with a static image and back light controller (on off switch).

BlackBerry boy,.. hardly ever inspires confidence with anything it announces.

Posted via CB10
    Ealaionta likes this.
    03-03-15 03:15 PM
    Just in time for the Holidays!

Sigh...

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-03-15 03:19 PM
    Just in time for the Holidays!

Sigh...

BlackBerry hates America!
    Yay! Easter is just around the corner!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep and PostMortem like this.
    03-03-15 03:22 PM
    It's just a sticker on a dummy unit with back light! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Seems likely to me. If it was a real phone they would be more careful about holding the thing by the touchscreen, less they accidentally do something and crash it in front of everybody.

The differences in the OS could simply be chalked up to being a quick mockup thrown together at worst, and hints at 10.4 at best.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-03-15 03:24 PM
    Im sorry, I just don't think its anything close to final hardware but its really anyones guess at this point. I think all this was done just to let people know a slider is coming or at the very least being worked on. That camera looks like nothing BB has put on any other device and also leads me to believe that unless they really are working with Samsung (which i welcome), that this isn't what it will look like.

In typical BB fashion though, we get no other info on this thing. No hope that this is coming out anytime soon. I really want something to upgrade to from my Z10 and a high end device or slider would be perfect
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-03-15 03:51 PM
    Do you want to loose those native developers that are still sticking here? Because if they go android I see no future here for me, might as well develop for something else
    03-03-15 04:12 PM
    That white one looks like a pretty substantial slide mechanism. Ugly, but maybe it's tough.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 04:15 PM
    Who needs landscape kb anyway? I wouldn't miss it to have this.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 04:18 PM
    oh my god, can't you people accept that it's bb10? plenty of the icons are easily identifiable. The dual flash? cause they are two bulbs stacked, it must be a galaxy camera? ridiculous.
    coloibarra and redsaph like this.
    03-03-15 04:22 PM
    It's running windows vista but you can't see any of it, it's just a full screen photo app showing a photoshopped screenshot of a Z30 app screen

Who cares . It's not a production unit, it's probably running some kind of demo/dev branch/fork of BB10?
    UI is not the question here. Ui can be adjusted to absolutely anything...

What I am really curious about is how the curved edges will be used, how the sliding mechanism will really work.
    If those buttons (call,..) are hardware buttons or just software and we can't just see the difference on the bad pictures
    Well the only odd icon that I see is the center button. And I'm really hoping that it's some sort of fingerprint scanner
    coloibarra likes this.
    03-03-15 04:29 PM
    Yeah I definitely see a blackberry hub icon with a splat, a bbm and a txt messages icon all exactly the same as my z30. Major difference I see is hardware buttons for where my phone search and camera icons are. What are you guys talking about? It's bb10, probably a photo of bb10 glued to an empty shell, but definitely bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 04:40 PM
235 12345 ...