In the renders shown today, I noticed a interesting design change compared to anything we had seen before. The speaker at the bottom at first had looked like part of the keyboard section. However, in these new renders, it seems to be part of the screen section. Not sure what difference that would make regarding balance while typing, but it at least appears like this could be possibly a more finalized design.

link: BlackBerry 'Venice' slider renders show off 18MP camera, Hub for Android and more! | CrackBerry.com
    08-08-15 08:56 PM
    Your just seeing lazy rendering.

In Squircle I Trust
    08-08-15 09:27 PM
    Nope. You see the first image with the hub "app"? There's a clear strip of reflection that separates the speaker from the screen and runs along to separate the volume keys as well. That's the part supposed to slide out.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-08-15 10:37 PM
    Nope. You see the first image with the hub "app"? There's a clear strip of reflection that separates the speaker from the screen and runs along to separate the volume keys as well. That's the part supposed to slide out.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    That just looks like the edge of the screen. There's another line between the screen and keys on the side
    08-08-15 10:39 PM
    That just looks like the edge of the screen. There's another line between the screen and keys on the side
    That line my friend is called shadow. Check out on how it runs towards the bottom part, it stops on the side of the speaker which makes sense of you would consider the visible strip of reflection on the side of the screen is the part where it starts to that slide out.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-08-15 10:59 PM
    This render is not new and was previously shown on CrackBerry. I remember it because at first I thought the top screen layer was too thin to be an accurate render of the real device, since it was so thin and different from a previous render which looked right to me.

However, having looked again closely at the photograph of the device shown at MWC in March, I can now see that the thickness of screen section and the slider section with the speaker do in fact match this render quite well
    08-08-15 11:20 PM
    Render, is a word. Just saying
    08-09-15 03:58 AM
    I think that bottom speaker/chin area is going to be a huge design flaw. Most of the people I know who tried out the Torch and stayed with a Bold had large hands and the screen actually stopped them from being able to hit the r/t/y/u characters on the PKB reliably. The Torch was flat at the bottom so no issues with the lower jey. With this slider design you are going to have a cavity area with the PKB, and the screen at the top and this chin at the bottom, which could cause issues with big thumbs trying to type on the entire top row and the bottom row. Hope they thought of this.

Posted via Z30
    08-09-15 07:22 AM