So studying the video and looking at the white model, it looks like the back of the device is what slides down. While the screen stays stationary. Interesting indeed. Hopefully there is some sort of locking mechanism for those that do not want to slide out the keyboard and prefer the virtual keyboard.

Still quite innovative, and nothing like it in this industry. BlackBerry has the potential to regenerate its BB10 hardware business with such device. Would be nice to see them also in Red, among the already Black and White.

Once again:
    BlackBerry Slider - High End Specs

Snapdragon 810, 64-Bit Processor
    3GB Ram
    32GB Inbuilt, Plus 128GB MicroSD
    3850 mAH Non-Removable Battery
    16MP Rear/5MP Front Camera w/ 1080p Video
    http://rapidmobile.biz/blackberry/bl...kberry-slider/
    03-05-15 05:20 AM
    So studying the video and looking at the white model, it looks like the back of the device is what slides down. While the screen stays stationary. Interesting indeed. Hopefully there is some sort of locking mechanism for those that do not want to slide out the keyboard and prefer the virtual keyboard.

Still quite innovative, and nothing like it in this industry. BlackBerry has the potential to regenerate its BB10 hardware business with such device. Would be nice to see them also in Red, among the already Black and White.

Once again:
    BlackBerry Slider - High End Specs

Snapdragon 810, 64-Bit Processor
    3GB Ram
    32GB Inbuilt, Plus 128GB MicroSD
    3850 mAH Non-Removable Battery
    16MP Rear/5MP Front Camera w/ 1080p Video
    BlackBerry unveils new BlackBerry 10 slider Smartphone
    I would get RED for sure.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    03-05-15 08:58 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:49 AM
    So studying the video and looking at the white model, it looks like the back of the device is what slides down. While the screen stays stationary.
    I guarantee you, if you hold the device stationary the screen will slide up.
    MobileMadness002 and HotFix like this.
    03-05-15 12:24 PM
    It's BerryFlow, every new phone is a 64-bit octocore.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:28 PM
    as someone else noted, i too thing the camera and flash on "The Slide" is straight from the Galaxy S6.

check it out.

Attachment 338853
    Ah lol all this circlejerking.
    Seems like a pretty mobile device standard camera to me...

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    03-05-15 09:17 PM
    It would be interesting to grasp the necessity of such a processor..... as far as I understand it, 64bit will ne just necessary when more than 4 GB of ram are to be used....

As long as there will be apps utilising it properly, I don't see the point as of yet....

And I am quite curious what apps would require it on a mobile device....

Eight cores will help with multitasking, but I am unsure how to use them on a single screen / mobile device....

If someone can give me a probable use case, I would be grateful.
    Until then, the whole spec war is moot for me as long as it doesn�t include games

Posted via CB10
    Just because you're looking at one app doesn't mean it's not multitasking in the background.

BB10 multitasks now. Apps run even when you minimize them.

Having 8 cores would be more efficient. It would decrease the load on each core by distributing the processes/threads on all 8 cores. Which means it's running at a lower clock speed. Which means it'll use less power which means better battery life.

64bit means the less the CPU will have to resort to fetching data from RAM memory. Which again means better battery life. Even if minimal.

So I would like to definitely see this!

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    03-05-15 10:19 PM
    Never going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:21 PM
    I guarantee if you stare, obsess, and over analyse it, it will do what ever your mind commands it to do.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:24 PM
    For that matter, so does the front... it's like they just designed a sliding mechanism and faced both sides with S6 parts lol. The image on the screen didn't move, despite Louks having his hand all over it, leads me to believe it was just a photo projected on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    I've seen a lot of reference to the icons staying on the screen being said to make it look like it's just a dummy with back-lit and I agree.

That said, when he closed it, it could be that it probably turns down the brightness and then it fades out after like when the phone is going to turn off the screen due to no activity.

I guess it's my wishful thinking that this phone will see release not too late this year.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:47 AM
    Software needs to be improved for good camera

Posted via CB10
    Not just for camera, for everything. Is unless to have a great hardware 16 core and 64 bit and os doesn't know how to use it for maximum performance.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    03-06-15 10:50 AM
    8 Cores would do wonders for initial setups when the phone is reaching out to all the service at once and often causes it to heat up and take a long while to stabilize.

Edit: particularly with restoring data from backup.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:52 AM
    I had passport and now I am back to q because in terms of speed there are very small differences between those two devices. Passport need a better soft for that monster hardware.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    03-06-15 10:53 AM
    Is blackberry back?

03-06-15 04:16 PM
    Remember the Manitoba that eventually became the Leap?

http://berryflow.com/2014/06/rumor-6...ar-q4-release/

Posted via CB10
    smart548 and Maxxxpower like this.
    03-09-15 09:13 AM
    Wait are Zebras black with white stripes? ... or white with black stripes? I can never remember.
    HotFix likes this.
    03-09-15 04:46 PM
    AI hope these rumors turn out to be true and also I have a strong feeling it is but then again...we shall see...
    I think it's a bit schizophrenic that exactly the same user who tries to tell us that S4 Plus Dual Core/Adreno 225 would be a great SoC for a 2015 device and would deliver sufficient performance wants another device that appears in 2015 to have "64bit" "DDR4" "Octa Core". WTF? Are we in the spec race or not? And weren't we told that only stupid Android users would care about these kind of specs?
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    03-09-15 05:01 PM
    For that matter, so does the front... it's like they just designed a sliding mechanism and faced both sides with S6 parts lol. The image on the screen didn't move, despite Louks having his hand all over it, leads me to believe it was just a photo projected on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    The reason the image didn't move while Loucks' finger was on it was because he'd just extended the keyboard. One assumes that BB10 will trap that event and prevent inadvertent app launches.
    03-09-15 05:50 PM
    I think it's a bit schizophrenic that exactly the same user who tries to tell us that S4 Plus Dual Core/Adreno 225 would be a great SoC for a 2015 device and would deliver sufficient performance wants another device that appears in 2015 to have "64bit" "DDR4" "Octa Core". WTF? Are we in the spec race or not? And weren't we told that only stupid Android users would care about these kind of specs?
    Whoa whoa whoa did I ever say that in 2015 for a flagship device that a S4 dual core SoC with a an adreno 225 gpu would be sufficient ?!?!! We are talking about a flagship device with a dual curved edged with a huge screen with slide keyboard. Don't put words in my mouth. The only device with a S4 SoC this year is the blackberry Leap so far it's just $275 USD. So don't go there...you must think I'm crazy that I would ever say a flagship device released in 2015 should have a 3 year old soc nice try buddy.

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-09-15 09:29 PM
    Oh, wait and Classic doesn't count because it was first presented on 17 Dec 2014 although some carriers still haven't released it and some different color varaints will be released in ffirst half of 2015? Or do you agree that Classic is just an overpriced low-end Curve/Q5 successor?
    03-10-15 02:54 AM
    Oh, wait and Classic doesn't count because it was first presented on 17 Dec 2014 although some carriers still haven't released it and some different color varaints will be released in ffirst half of 2015? Or do you agree that Classic is just an overpriced low-end Curve/Q5 successor?
    Ummm is the classic a flagship device ?

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-10-15 08:50 AM
    Nope, it's an overpriced entry level device. According to your postings speed is more than sufficient if not very good. So why better hardware? Just because the Slider is a flagship or because your assumptions concering Classics speed were just totally wrong?
    03-10-15 09:03 AM
    Nope, it's an overpriced entry level device. According to your postings speed is more than sufficient if not very good. So why better hardware? Just because the Slider is a flagship or because your assumptions concering Classics speed were just totally wrong?
    Explain why is it overpriced.....because of the S4 processor?? Unless you can find me a phone with a qwerty keyboard with trackpad with physical end and answer buttons in this current day and age let me know.....oh yah I forgot no one else does it. Remember this quote and maybe the classic is not for me and certainly not for me as well:

"Price Is ONLY an Issue in the Absence of Value"

For some people especially who the classic is geared towards could care give two #%@$ about a quad this or quad that. How I know you may ask?? I've asked people on the road (I work downtown Toronto in the financial district) a lot of BB down here. Ask a woman how she find the classic she said she ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT!!! Showed her the gestures shes like whoa whoa whoa I didn't even know what you did there....LOL she was confused by the gestures and just used the tool belt mainly and of course the touchscreen here and there. i asked if she thought it was expensive shes like "of course not, I got it from shop blackberry for 499 I thought it would have been more when it got released".

So for you it might be expensive but again read the quote. I personally would never buy it because I don't like the 1:1 Ratio because I game a lot on my phone so it wouldn't work however if it wasn't for that I would pick this over my Z30 any day of the week.
    03-10-15 09:14 AM
    Pretty safe to say BlackBerry devices lack value in the mind of the majority of consumers.

Which is why few people buy them even at cut rate prices.

Unfortunately, one can safely say the complete opposite of Apple products.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:22 AM
    Pretty safe to say BlackBerry devices lack value in the mind of the majority of consumers.

Which is why few people buy them even at cut rate prices.

Unfortunately, one can safely say the complete opposite of Apple products.

Posted via CB10
    Given that Apple revealed that the iPhone 6 and 6+ have an unprecedented 99% customer satisfaction rating yesterday, that they've sold 700,000,000 iPhones, and that 64-bit worked for them, why shouldn't BlackBerry hop on the bandwagon and try the same thing?

The only problem I see is that BB10 apps would have to be updated to take advantage of the 64-bit, and how many BB10 apps do you think will actually be updated? And on what time frame? We all know that most devs won't lift a finger for BB10, and that many devs who do code for BB10 are hobby-level, not advanced organisations. And even assuming they agreed to try to do it, could the BB10 developer community even get a mass app conversion to 64-bit accomplished? Hmmm, I've got my doubts...
    03-10-15 10:27 AM
94 1234