I finally solved the MMS issues I have been having. I have been having trouble receiving group texts and photos. I've seen that other people are also having the issue and it was even brought up in the last podcast.

I tried all the solutions on the Internet such as:
    Using Hangouts
    Not using WiFi
    Rebooting the device
    (I didn't wipe the device because it is only a couple weeks old and that seems ridic, I'm not going to wipe every other week)

My sister got fed up and called AT&T this morning. They told her it was a known issue and the solution is to turn off HD calling. You have to have them do it, then you do it on your phone.

We both did it this morning and we are both no longer having issues. To turn it off on your phone go to settings -> more -> cellular-> enhanced.

This has worked on at least two phones, if you are having issues give it a try.
    11-20-15 10:25 AM
    I finally solved the MMS issues I have been having. I have been having trouble receiving group texts and photos. I've seen that other people are also having the issue and it was even brought up in the last podcast.

I tried all the solutions on the Internet such as:
    Using Hangouts
    Not using WiFi
    Rebooting the device
    (I didn't wipe the device because it is only a couple weeks old and that seems ridic, I'm not going to wipe every other week)

My sister got fed up and called AT&T this morning. They told her it was a known issue and the solution is to turn off HD calling. You have to have them do it, then you do it on your phone.

We both did it this morning and we are both no longer having issues. To turn it off on your phone go to settings -> more -> cellular-> enhanced.

This has worked on at least two phones, if you are having issues give it a try.
    Interesting. I did the same thing, minus the change in the settings. The HD voice change fixed the issue with the messages not being received but I'm having another issue of messages coming in delayed intermittently. I'll try the changes in settings and see if that will stop the delay.

But I can vouch that having HD voice disabled on the external side will solve the messages not being received issue.
    11-20-15 11:04 AM
    Interesting. I did the same thing, minus the change in the settings. The HD voice change fixed the issue with the messages not being received but I'm having another issue of messages coming in delayed intermittently. I'll try the changes in settings and see if that will stop the delay.

But I can vouch that having HD voice disabled on the external side will solve the messages not being received issue.
    I wasn't having issues with delay, things were just showing up very delayed into the hub. I'd get all my messages in the appropriate app, but if you have those notifications off you wouldn't know you had a message until the hub told you.

I disabled my hub this morning. It wasn't showing me emails from last night. I will try again after there is an updated or two.
    11-20-15 11:15 AM
    I just got off phone at noon. Had them disable HD calling and then rebooted. No dice. Then turned off on phone, but nothing.

Going to reboot again, can't remember if I did after turning it off on phone. Hope this works

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 02:06 PM
    I just got off phone at noon. Had them disable HD calling and then rebooted. No dice. Then turned off on phone, but nothing.

Going to reboot again, can't remember if I did after turning it off on phone. Hope this works

No luck after reboot. Disappointing. This assumes they did turn of HD calling as they said they did. Will have to call back I guess. Wish this would be corrected.

11-20-15 02:24 PM
    No luck after reboot. Disappointing. This assumes they did turn of HD calling as they said they did. Will have to call back I guess. Wish this would be corrected.

Did you disable HD on your phone as well? It is my understanding that it needs to be off in both places.
    11-20-15 03:39 PM
    I did that as well. On the line again, let's see what happens

11-20-15 05:38 PM
    I did that as well. On the line again, let's see what happens

No resolution at this time, I was added to the case list as it is a known issue and ATT is working with blackberry to get a resolution. They've had numerous calls so hopefully it can be taken care of in fairly short order

11-20-15 05:55 PM
    My mom is having the same issue (not receiving group texts). Will be keeping an eye on this thread unless she has me call AT&T in the meantime then I'll report back.

11-20-15 06:08 PM
    The HD voice thing is not the universal cure. There is a problem in the Priv's code with MMS. This has been confirmed to me by senior BlackBerry support. They are aware and evaluating fixes.

You can use Textra as a temporary fix, but it doesn't integrate well into Hub. But it works.

11-20-15 06:48 PM
    No resolution at this time, I was added to the case list as it is a known issue and ATT is working with blackberry to get a resolution. They've had numerous calls so hopefully it can be taken care of in fairly short order

Trying using Textra. I remember when I was first having the issues, I installed textra and it worked for a short time. Finally fixed when HD was disabled. Possibly the textra/HD disabled combo is the cure for some. Give it a try.
    11-20-15 08:12 PM
    Trying using Textra. I remember when I was first having the issues, I installed textra and it worked for a short time. Finally fixed when HD was disabled. Possibly the textra/HD disabled combo is the cure for some. Give it a try.
    Textra uses its own API for MMS, unlike any other SMS app. This does not contain the bug that the BlackBerry/Lollipop API does.

But as I've said, it Textra has Hub limitations.

11-20-15 09:41 PM
    But as I've said, it Textra has Hub limitations.
    From what I've seen, textra integrates into the hub much better than the other sms apps, given that it allows you to reply from within the hub without having to minimize it, then open the specific sms app, and have it be the focus of the screen.

The only issue with textra is that once you reply, it closes and you're back in the hub, so if you want to continue messaging, you do have to manually open the app.
    11-25-15 04:25 AM
    From what I've seen, textra integrates into the hub much better than the other sms apps, given that it allows you to reply from within the hub without having to minimize it, then open the specific sms app, and have it be the focus of the screen.

The only issue with textra is that once you reply, it closes and you're back in the hub, so if you want to continue messaging, you do have to manually open the app.
    The issue with Textra is that new unread texts are NOT marked yellow in the Hub. The Hub keeps up to date with your texts, but new incoming ones just stay gray.
    11-25-15 05:40 AM
    I was on the phone with AT&T yesterday about this issue and the tech support told me that it was a Lollipop issue and a fix was coming "next month" when it gets updated to Marshmallow. Unfortunately I didn't press him on whether he could confirm Marshmallow was actually coming next month or if he misspoke. He openly admitted he was not knowledgeable about the device so take his comment with a grain of salt.

11-25-15 07:49 AM
    I'm on AT&T and I'm not having issues sending pic's via MMS on my Priv. They go through individually and in a group message no problem.

It's interesting some are having this issue and I'm not.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-25-15 11:24 AM
    I can receive videos and photos it seems, but I can't send any. Very annoying. Does anyone know if it will be fixed in the upcoming update?

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    12-02-15 10:25 AM
    Was hoping AT&T would fix and have been lazy not calling. Will call tomorrow.

They will only fix this as fast as they can if everyone with this problem calls and states they'd like to open a case with case number regarding the issue.

After that, they usually give an ETA on when resolved and case is closed. Apparently, not that many are doing this or if would be fixed by now.

I'm going to call tomorrow as my mom has trouble with receiving group messages and receiving pictures is hit or miss. Will open a case tomorrow.

I encourage everyone with a Priv on AT&T to do the same.

12-02-15 11:29 AM
    I had the same issue sending and receiving images, but after some testing I came to find out it was due to utilizing VPN via the native VPN settings. I started using OpenVPN app instead and have had no issue since. I realize many folks dont use VPN, but for those who do - it is worth looking into.
    12-02-15 11:41 AM
    I was so sick of missing out on MMS (Group and Pictures) that I opened a case with Blackberry. Got nowhere with them. I had AT&T send me a new device today and had the same MMS issue (missing a majority of them) - once I disabled HD calling, I got all the MMS messages. Hopefully this is remedied in the soon to be released AT&T/Priv software update.
    12-11-15 02:23 PM
    So everyone is saying to disable HD calling from your provider and the phone. Can anyone advise where to find this setting on the Priv?
    12-11-15 05:38 PM
    Settings/more/cellular networks/enhanced 4g LTE services /on or off this did improve. Mms issues :-)

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Larry Harper likes this.
    12-14-15 04:19 AM
    For the first few weeks, no probs with sms/mms. Now huuge delay between Android notification and BlackBerry hub. Using priv messenger app and hangouts. Did the disable HD calling thing. (Why does att even bother if it is still buggy and really, nobody really cares for it)

PRIVateering since 2015.
    12-14-15 07:12 AM
    For those still having issues. Pushbullet seems to cause issues with mms on he Priv.

After I removed Pushbullet and restarted my phone, mms began working again.

Please try if you haven't already.

12-14-15 07:46 AM
    Had the same problem, then I removed Pushbullet. It worked for couple days and now its no longer sending mms. Not sure what else to do, I've already spent hours trying to figure it out.

If they don't fix it in the next update, I may exchange it for the LG instead.
    01-06-16 11:28 AM
33 12