Well hello there, I think that I solved the overheating and battery drain problem. The solution is very simple. I just set the Priv on battery saving mode.

And here comes the big thing: it has almost no effect on device performance. I can play Modern Combat 4&5 and also Need for Speed Most Wanted with almost 0 heat.

Here are some pictures after I have used the phone for straight 2.5 hours (still using it) without battery drain or overheating.

Any comment on solving these problems is more than welcomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Solved overheating and battery drain-2567.jpg  
    08-31-18 06:23 PM
    Also switched on. Performance seems to the same.
    09-01-18 06:13 AM
    Also switched on. Performance seems to the same.
    Yeah, the strange thing is while performance stays same, you get no overheating. I think screen is using most of it.

I am at %100 now. I will try to post a picture of battery usage when I hit around %15.
    09-01-18 09:02 AM
    Yeah, the strange thing is while performance stays same, you get no overheating. I think screen is using most of it.

I am at %100 now. I will try to post a picture of battery usage when I hit around %15.
    Well, I was going to post my stats but even after 5 hours of full usage of crackberry and chrome, I only lost %11 and %6 is caused by screen.

Battery and overheating problems are caused by screen I think.
    09-01-18 01:59 PM
    Lol power saving mode is your big secret?

There's more to it than that in order to get decent battery performance from this phone

First would be to lower the resolution from qHD to fHDn plenty of tutorials on the forum
    09-02-18 05:39 AM
    Lol power saving mode is your big secret?

There's more to it than that in order to get decent battery performance from this phone

First would be to lower the resolution from qHD to fHDn plenty of tutorials on the forum
    Well I already mentioned that the problem is mostly coming from the screen. 2k is a big amount for a phone screen.
    09-02-18 06:03 AM
    Well I already mentioned that the problem is mostly coming from the screen. 2k is a big amount for a phone screen.
    That's why the downgrade to 1920x1080 using adb is a nice little trick which doesn't really impact user experience and lightens the load on the aweful 808 processor
    09-02-18 06:13 AM
    That's why the downgrade to 1920x1080 using adb is a nice little trick which doesn't really impact user experience and lightens the load on the aweful 808 processor
    Did you downgrade to 1080p? If you did, did you get bigger/smaller icons or some app errors because of screen resolution?
    09-02-18 06:19 AM
    Did you downgrade to 1080p? If you did, did you get bigger/smaller icons or some app errors because of screen resolution?
    Nope, no errors at all. But do reboot as soon as you modify the resolution, which should clear out any resize bugs

The only "issues" you may have going forward is when cropping a photo in a poorly coded app, the picture may appear huge, but as soon as you save or finish editing, it will be normal.

Tiny price to pay for the battery gain.
    09-02-18 06:21 AM
    Nope, no errors at all. But do reboot as soon as you modify the resolution, which should clear out any resize bugs

The only "issues" you may have going forward is when cropping a photo in a poorly coded app, the picture may appear huge, but as soon as you save or finish editing, it will be normal.

Tiny price to pay for the battery gain.
    Yeah, I will downgrade too then, thanks for the advice.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-02-18 06:25 AM
    I started using this at our football tailgates where we get 100k people all trying to use an overloaded system. helped immensely! I still carried a power brick but battery saver cut the drain by about half.
    12-05-18 10:29 PM