Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have found a solution about how to install and configure MTP driver via BlackBerry Priv device on any PC with Windows OS version with transfer USB wire cable connection.

I know that many of you Priv users having issues with trying to set up the MTP driver correctly on your PC`s for making a transfer via USB cable connection.

Please follow the steps to troubleshoot of this manual / tutorial here below. I share this to you all BB Priv users.

Step One:

Go to How to install MTP driver for Windows XP-SP3. - Redmi 1S - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Step Two:

Solved: Installing MTP Driver About Transfer USB Connection Between PC & PRIV  Android MM [6.0.1]-troubleshoot-bb-priv-android-6.0.1-how-setup-install-mtp-driver-all-windows-versions-.jpg

Step Three:

Solved: Installing MTP Driver About Transfer USB Connection Between PC & PRIV  Android MM [6.0.1]-troubleshoot-bb-priv-android-6.0.1-how-setup-install-mtp-driver-all-windows-versions-.jpg

Step Four:

Step Five:

Step Six: [Final step as out come]

I'm still rocking my PC with MS Windows XP SP3 and I have toubleshooted and solved my issue for making a transfer USB cable connection between my BB Priv [Android MM 6.0.1] device and MS Windows XP SP3 PC. This trick should also work with newer versions of all other Microsoft Windows PC`s products.

Let me know if the trick works to you all folks. Let us hope and pray for good luck.

Last edited by Ginowine; 06-08-16 at 05:05 PM.
    06-07-16 03:02 PM
    Have anyone trying to see if helium back up works with this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-07-16 03:13 PM
    Is this with or without the BlackBerry Priv drivers?

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
    06-07-16 03:27 PM
    Is this with or without the BlackBerry Priv drivers?

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
    With the BlackBerry Priv drivers. You should run the whole process with the setup. After completing the setup, install manually the drivers one by one at the time.

If the first two options (Charging Only and MTP) starts unreconizing the drivers or the two drivers are unreconizible which still is detecting in Windows Device Manager, comfirmed it, then you start the troubleshooting by only reading the manual / tutorial how you could solve this. When you are done with the configuration, please confirm the two first options / MTP drivers again through Windows Device Manager and you should be able to use the USB cable connection with your BlackBerry Priv and your Windows PC.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 06-07-16 at 07:48 PM.
    06-07-16 05:21 PM
    Any luck with helium or any other local android backup app thurask?

06-08-16 03:57 PM
    Any luck with helium or any other local android backup app thurask?

I haven't used anything of the sort, neither have I needed to use the guide in the first post. Probably because I'm on Windows 10 and not something that was new fifteen years ago.
    06-08-16 05:27 PM
    It's not about helium android back up or whatsoever sort of.

Guys, the commando's on any Windows OS version are problably the same.

You have to locate the specific file in Windows, modify and paste some texts on it. After doing that, save the specific file. Re-install the Android MTP driver through Windows Device Manager again automatically, comfirm it and done.

It will fully 100% guarantee work for any Windows OS versions.

Also, this guide is meant how to setup and configure an Android MTP driver correctly as troubleshoot on Windows Device Manager. Read it carefully.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 06-09-16 at 04:01 AM.
    06-09-16 02:31 AM
    Just remove all the USB endpoint drivers for the device in the Device Manager (logged in as an administrator), then do a rescan.

Third-party drivers are inherently dangerous on a security basis. I have no idea if these are trouble or not, but there's no reason to use them.
    06-09-16 12:01 PM
    Doesnt work for me, computer doesnt detect mtp drivers at all. My pc just doesnt see the priv, it will charge it via usb but thats it. The drive option doesnt come up for me when connecting to my PC. I go into dev options and switch on MTP option there but it switches itsself back to battery after a couple of mins, just doesnt stick.

Tried downloading the drivers from bb but that doesnt work, reported it on the beta and got tumbleweed as I did when I reported the issue to bb. Running out of options, very frustrating...

Ironically my Passport still connects to PC with the new drivers via BB Blend and BB Link, just doesnt like the Priv.
    06-09-16 12:57 PM
    I think some of you missed the other MTP driver. The official, essential MTP driver from Microsoft itself which is also important that you must have that type of file in your OS Windows Version PC installed.

Go to the official website of Microsoft and search + locate for the latest version MTP driver for all Windows OS versions (XP,Vista,7,8, 8.1,10). This is the driver which basically can detect any Android devices.

Once you have found it, download the file, run the setup and install the MTP driver from the official MS website. When you're done installing the MTP driver, confirm it and restart your PC.

After restarting your PC and log on into your Windows Version, run the setup file and install the USB driver for BB Priv from BlackBerry Official Website, comfirm it and restart your PC again. After restarting your PC and log on into your Windows Version for the second time, try to make a connection via USB cable. If the issue via Windows Device Manager still occurs, use then the guide and previous posts that I already had explained in details earlier, follow the steps to troubleshoot read it carefully.

After troubleshooting, the configuration should be done and set correctly and the both MTP drivers (One from the official Microsoft website and the USB driver from BlackBerry official website) are perfectly installed in your PC. Finally you can now use your Priv device and PC to make a USB cable connection. It should detect now on both sides.

Download link for the MTP driver for all OS Windows versions for PC from the official Microsoft. See here below.

Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=19153

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 06-09-16 at 03:13 PM.
    06-09-16 02:48 PM
    I didn't need any Microsoft drivers...
    06-09-16 07:15 PM
    In some cases.. it's nessesary for others users. That's why MTP driver from microsoft is important if people wants to troubleshoot.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 05:26 AM
    Reinstalling the drivers again and it works perfectly on Windows now.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 03:05 PM