09-12-15 10:06 PM
244 ... 678910
tools
    As a fan of the Nokia Communicator...
    180g seems to be on the lighter side anyhow.
    I hate these weightless plastic phones. Just feels cheap. I remember the first iteration of the Nokia 8800.
    You held that phone in your hand, and you just knew that the workmanship was good. A big part of it was the weight (and sliding mechanism).
    Nokia 5300 one of my favorite phones of all time. I loved it so much. But I am all in on this android thing. In reality I hope this phone succeeds. This is the only way the can survive. BB10 is amazing but their name is so tarnished developers could care less about supporting it. This is the "next" evolution of blackberry. Was telling a friend about this phone. He is ok and ready for it. He just hopes like I do that it's not stocked android and more a hybrid that incorporates the best of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 11:19 AM
    Wrong post.
    08-25-15 12:40 PM
    Not me, but if they offer it with BB10, which I believe they will, that one I'll get.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:07 PM
    Not if I can't root it without voiding the warranty.
    If I go Android I need to prevent as much tracking as possible, and this is only feasible through rooting (xprivacy and xposed are 2 modules that are mandatory for me, when using a private phone).

I would very probably also remove a lot of apps (FB, Gmail, Twitter and Chrome would be the first to go).
    A lot of these androids could be rooted and then have their flash counters reset. Also, you could argue against it being modified at all because it's been shown that certain updates have accidentally changed the flash counter. Only one I found that couldn't really be bypassed was that Samsung Knox crap. Though who knows, someone may have found a workaround since I last modified my Note 3 like over a year ago.

I've been invested in Apple, BB and WP lately.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-26-15 10:27 AM
    first it's not pure android a hybrid like bb10 features on android so basically bb10 having Google play store and services

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 03:06 PM
    I'm getting one....eventually.
    08-26-15 03:56 PM
    Having played around on the Passport today I came to realise PKBs are a thing of the past. It's awkward, clumsy, and slow compared to a good VKB with predictive text.

I'll get the Venice if it's all that's on the horizon at year end, as I can stick to the VKB, but does anyone think/expect BlackBerry will have a Z30 successor on the horizon?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 08:44 PM
    Having played around on the Passport today I came to realise PKBs are a thing of the past. It's awkward, clumsy, and slow compared to a good VKB with predictive text.

I'll get the Venice if it's all that's on the horizon at year end, as I can stick to the VKB, but does anyone think/expect BlackBerry will have a Z30 successor on the horizon?

Posted via CB10
    I think that's about the best and closest to the Z30 that were going to get from BlackBerry, and I'm fine with it. I'll be getting the Venice for sure as long as it has the BB Hub, VKB+Google Play Services.

Posted using my sick Z30
    08-26-15 09:14 PM
    I think that's about the best and closest to the Z30 that were going to get from BlackBerry, and I'm fine with it. I'll be getting the Venice for sure as long as it has the BB Hub, VKB+Google Play Services.

Posted using my sick Z30
    I second this. I think that combination of services would be extraordinary. I would have an amazing blend of my favorite features!
    08-26-15 09:49 PM
    08-27-15 12:11 AM
    This is my dream phone. I will get it by any means asap!
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    08-27-15 02:54 PM
    Nope. Not gonna buy an Android

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 02:59 PM
    I got the cash ready for it easily. Needs to have BB10 though.Otherwise no purchase.Really its all bout hands on and accurate info on this device. If its BB10 plus runtime with playstore thast perfect.I'll just disable the goog tracking ****e.

But all about hands on and OS. CAnt really complain its full touch & and additional keyboard which you dont have to use.Just dont slide down the keyboard and you get 5'4 full touch device.But hands on most important thing.

They need to get down to 5 devices.
    slider ,combine z10+z30 into 1 line.
    And leap.
    classic (toolbelt) & passport (no belt line)
    Drop q5 line.that would save a lot of money cutting of q5.

Its nce to hv variety but BB money is not long.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 08-28-15 at 08:03 PM.
    08-28-15 07:50 PM
    If BB10, absolutely. If Android, it really depends on implementation and performance. The quality of the BlackBerry Experience Suite and how well it replicates BB10 (I want peek/flow, need hub and BB10 vkb). If BB can make its flavor of Android secure and productive like BB10 with the added benefit of GPS, then I'll do it. I just don't want to go 1 step forward (apps) and two steps back (interface and experience). So I'm eagerly waiting to see how this plays out.
    BOOM! Hit the nail on the head a mile away!
    08-28-15 08:49 PM
    As I said in my previous post, I am all in and will buy one for myself and maybe another one for my twin brother. I am hoping they release it before November. I waiting cash in hand ready to purchase.
    nick13b likes this.
    08-29-15 07:00 AM
    I know I'll get some flack for this, but the only reason that I would pony up to the Venice is because it's seemingly going to run an Android OS instead of BBOS10. I have a deep, warm place in my heart for all things BlackBerry...and have been around here a long time, but try as I might, I just cannot warm up to OS10. I'm not a real fan of Android either...and not a real fan of "slider" type devices (because the slide almost always wears and becomes wobbly and weak), but I would be drawn to it simply because of it's being a BlackBerry that is finally running an OS that I might find enjoyable.
    08-29-15 09:41 AM
    I know I'll get some flack for this, but the only reason that I would pony up to the Venice is because it's seemingly going to run an Android OS instead of BBOS10. I have a deep, warm place in my heart for all things BlackBerry...and have been around here a long time, but try as I might, I just cannot warm up to OS10. I'm not a real fan of Android either...and not a real fan of "slider" type devices (because the slide almost always wears and becomes wobbly and weak), but I would be drawn to it simply because of it's being a BlackBerry that is finally running an OS that I might find enjoyable.
    This is a contradiction storm.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 12:48 PM
    I would like to use bb10 and passport, but mobileiron isn't supported enough. I have to use android apps to view work email and they don't work as smooth as bb10 ones.. other thing is that I would like to use Lync and Lync meetings so that they could be integrated to calendar meetings..

I will be following slider news and I am tempted right now but I will wait for the first reviews.

Best would be if I could install BB-android to Passport

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 03:02 PM
    If it's android I won't be getting this one. I don't need android nor do I want android. If I did I would get samsung or a lg or htc.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    The slider pkb is lacking. I just feel the layout is outdated. Even virtual keyboards like swiftkey have a better layout. and a number row etc. One handed typing is easy.

So who will getting the 'Android Slider'?-screenshot_2015-08-29-20-04-56.png
    08-29-15 03:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    What are you a meteorologist?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    astrodan13 likes this.
    08-29-15 05:32 PM
    The slider pkb is lacking. I just feel the layout is outdated. Even virtual keyboards like swiftkey have a better layout. and a number row etc. One handed typing is easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-29-20-04-56.png 
Views:	301 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	368877
    So who will getting the 'Android Slider'?-uploadfromtaptalk1440884068670.jpg

Swift key is great, here's the layout I use for one hand typing on my note 4 but, I still prefer the use of a physical keyboard. It's one thing to use the touch screen to reply to a quick message but to type up a long message I need a physical keyboard for sure.

The passports keyboard is a bad example since it's a little wide and it's missing the alt keys but I think this slider is going to be great for typing long, accurate messages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-29-15 05:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    And, why is that?
    08-29-15 05:47 PM
    I'll buy IF I can have it with bb10. Hypervisor is ok of course, but if Android only it's a much tougher sell. I can deal with android if I root and modify it but you won't be able to do that and stock Android I've never been willing to put up with.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 08:41 PM
    Only way I will even try a BlackBerry Android is if they make a way to load it on my decommissioned Z10. I'm going to be trying out a different brand I think because BlackBerry is not committed to anything right now, especially not the customers. The phone I'm leaning towards has extremly high resale value so if I want to go back I can, but I'm not putting out money for a BlackBerry running Android unless I thoroughly hate the OS I'm leaning towards switching to. I want to leave my Z30 BB10 to see what updates if any they come up with on that OS.

Posted via Z30
    08-29-15 09:06 PM
244 ... 678910