09-12-15 10:06 PM
244 ... 34567 ...
tools
    On the fence, is there anything good about the android os. I never had one before. how is the BlackBerry 10 os better than android besides the hub and security features. i love the private browsing features BlackBerry 10 has. so hopefully the the Venice has a BlackBerry 10 version.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:37 AM
    I love my Passport and I'm not going to get rid of it. But, this Android Slider looks very nice and I'm trying to get my wife to lose her iphone and get this! Kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Posted via CB10
    the3maples and ayngling like this.
    08-20-15 07:39 AM
    On the fence, is there anything good about the android os. I never had one before. how is the BlackBerry 10 os better than android besides the hub and security features. i love the private browsing features BlackBerry 10 has. so hopefully the the Venice has a BlackBerry 10 version.

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't dismiss any OS without trying it first-hand first. Also getting the right flavor of Android for you is important. While they are all Android, Samsung's flavor is different from HTC/Sony/LG.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-20-15 11:18 AM
    Hard to say. I just moved to a Classic from an OS7 slider.

I really liked the slider, big screen with PKB. We use Google Mail / Hangouts at work extensively, so if the slider could use Hangouts that would be gravy.

Determining factor will likely be price: I have just started a 2 year contract and it would cost me to move phones.
    08-20-15 11:57 AM
    I'll buy two, one for me and one for my boy if Slider build with BlackBerry security or BB10 software running in the background like firewall.
    08-20-15 12:28 PM
    I'll get one - if it runs bb10. But I have never used a pkb before. So my plan is just not to use the pkb at all.

Am I the only one here getting a phone with a pkb and not use it?
    How about others?

Posted via  Leap
    08-20-15 12:58 PM
    I am getting one as soon as it comes out ...
    08-20-15 01:03 PM
    When my z10 dies I may consider this phone. Hopefully they make way to much and drop the price drastically by the time I'm needing a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 01:03 PM
    I'm so getting this phone can't wait hope that when it's in the full slide position that it's not super tall that's will be a turn off

BB Z30 STA100-5
    08-20-15 01:08 PM
    Agree with you on the flavor of Android. Personally, I prefer Motorola's near stock Android over Samsung TouchWiz. Given a choice, I will use CyanogenMod custom ROMs.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 01:10 PM
    But none will have that signature keyboard that blackberry is known for.

I know I can find numerous phones out there for a lot less but, I'm a big physical keyboard fan and I need to support this phone no matter what. If this phone does poorly then there's a good chance you won't see another android phone with a physical keyboard for a while. I need my physical keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    How are people forgetting that this thing will have an amazing keyboard? You try to buy a decent keyboard case for your phone and it'll cost you 100+ usd and it'll be garbage anyway. The keyboard offers enormous value, and it's the only game in town.

I'll probably stick with my Passport, but I may pick up a slider if the build quality/quality control is good (for once).

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 01:33 PM
    Dunno man. Was on the train today and standing over some girl and saw her use her pattern unlock on an android phone and it had some trace line that showed the pattern movement which I've memorised it already. Seen loads of people using number passwords and they're so easy to memorise especially the 4 digit pins. I'm at a crossroad. If BlackBerry can have picture password on the Android version then I'm definitely getting it however if not, I'd have to think hard as to whether easy access to Android apps are more important to me than security.

Other things I need to consider is multitasking such as video still playing while I quickly do something else like reply a message. I can't deal with that stop start bs that android apps do. Then there's Active Frames, the Hub on a BlackBerry which was built around the hub I'm sure the Hub on Android will struggle to compete with. BlackBerry always update the OS so I'm sure I'm good for updates for at least two years. The notifications, the low battery drain etc etc..

Too many advantages to BlackBerry 10 I'm not sure I can give it up.

1st world problems man damn!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 08-20-15 at 01:52 PM.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    08-20-15 01:40 PM
    Double Post.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 08-20-15 at 02:09 PM.
    08-20-15 01:49 PM
    Yes I will !! It's a blackberry, it's new, it has a physical keyboard and the experience will be more mature than BB10. I don't see why I wouldn't give it a spin.
    08-20-15 01:59 PM
    If it runs BlackBerry 10, I will get one. I prefer a full-touch, but I think it is worth trying.

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2204
    08-20-15 02:46 PM
    Totally getting one. I don't worry about the lag everyone else has concerns with. I am dying to get the BlackBerry Experience on a fully app supported phone. I just hope there is a way to keep Google snooping out, but for those places I explicitly give permission.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    08-20-15 02:56 PM
    As much as I want one, it feels fiscally irresponsible to do so. I just bought my Classic a few months ago.
    08-20-15 03:55 PM
    I'll get one - if it runs bb10. But I have never used a pkb before. So my plan is just not to use the pkb at all.

How about others?

Posted via  Leap
    that makes no sense... why not just try it out? you might like it. the defining reason people will buy this phone is to use both vkp and pkb... oh yeah. and there's android.
    08-20-15 03:55 PM
    Windows 10 is looking good

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    08-20-15 04:16 PM
    80% of the aaps I run are android now anyway so it might be worth getting a slider that devotes it's resources to Android vs running on top of BB10.

Hopefully the hub and gestures are implemented well.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    08-20-15 04:18 PM

How about others?

Posted via  Leap
    No, you are not the only one. I have had many Blackberries with PKB and I feel much, much better with the VKB, so if I get one I will not use the PKB.

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2204
    08-20-15 05:12 PM
    As much as I hate google, I can't seem to resist the slider! It looks so good lol.
    08-20-15 06:43 PM
    Dunno man. Was on the train today and standing over some girl and saw her use her pattern unlock on an android phone and it had some trace line that showed the pattern movement which I've memorised it already. Seen loads of people using number passwords and they're so easy to memorise especially the 4 digit pins. I'm at a crossroad. If BlackBerry can have picture password on the Android version then I'm definitely getting it however if not, I'd have to think hard as to whether easy access to Android apps are more important to me than security.

Other things I need to consider is multitasking such as video still playing while I quickly do something else like reply a message. I can't deal with that stop start bs that android apps do. Then there's Active Frames, the Hub on a BlackBerry which was built around the hub I'm sure the Hub on Android will struggle to compete with. BlackBerry always update the OS so I'm sure I'm good for updates for at least two years. The notifications, the low battery drain etc etc..

Too many advantages to BlackBerry 10 I'm not sure I can give it up.

1st world problems man damn!

Posted via CB10
    This is the biggest reason to stick with BB10. Going to another OS after BB10 is doable in almost every respect (but not comfortable) except for the pausing of videos when multitasking. They should make a commercial about this, because it can be infuriating.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:22 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:22 PM
    I will:

Buy the Android Slider, then get it all up and running on WiFi.

Keep my Passport as my daily driver at first

Screw around with the Slider for a couple of weeks to see how well the Hub and other BB10 features are integrated, apps, lag or no lag, how well messaging is integrated, how good the KB is.

Then decide what to stick with...

I will only ditch BB10 if the Android slider is as efficient to use as BB10. If it isn't, I will keep it as a standby in case something happens to my Passport.

It will take a LOT for me to leave BB10 though. App support must be flawless on the slider and still have the efficiency advantages of BB10 for me to do that.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:39 PM
244 ... 34567 ...