Not until I find out what kind of security software is built into it. I know it has the BlackBerry logo on it, but I generally don't trust Android, so until someone can convince me that it's just as secure as BB10, or even close, then I'm sticking with my current device. I'm not convinced yet that this is not just being put out to shut the Snapchat weenies up, by giving them a BlackBerry device that can run apps depending on Google play services.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    astrodan13 likes this.
    08-29-15 10:00 PM
    I will get one as long as it definitely makes it on Verizon.

Posted via CB10 app on  Z30
    08-29-15 10:39 PM
    Getting one just cause its new and exciting and a big upgrade to my Z30 which is amazing and cant be truly replaced but I want to try something new
    So who will getting the 'Android Slider'?-3128372_blackberry-vince7.jpg

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    tufcustomer likes this.
    08-29-15 11:56 PM
    I'll definitely check it out,if it's cool I'll get it.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 03:00 AM
    I'll get the Venice if it's all that's on the horizon at year end, as I can stick to the VKB, but does anyone think/expect BlackBerry will have a Z30 successor on the horizon?

Posted via CB10
    Why would you use a slider and not ever use the physical keyboard? Kinda seems contrary to the main reason to buy it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-02-15 11:22 PM
    Why would you use a slider and not ever use the physical keyboard? Kinda seems contrary to the main reason to buy it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Outside of it being thicker to accommodate the slide, why wouldn't it work as an Z10/Z30 upgrade? Its not like a pure vkb device is on the horizon.

Apart from nostalgia I'm vkb all the way so won't be using the pkb except to demonstrate it to other people.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-02-15 11:46 PM
    I'm very interested in it, but something besides being a slide will have to draw me in. Android is over populated

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk
    09-03-15 12:01 AM
    I'm very interested in it, but something besides being a slide will have to draw me in. Android is over populated

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk
    It's pretty much the most out-there modern Android phone on the market (or soon to be). What else does it really need?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:46 AM
    Outside of it being thicker to accommodate the slide, why wouldn't it work as an Z10/Z30 upgrade? Its not like a pure vkb device is on the horizon.

Apart from nostalgia I'm vkb all the way so won't be using the pkb except to demonstrate it to other people.
    To each their own I guess. If I was buying a glass slab to run Android I sure as heck wouldn't get the BB slider since chances are you'll be able to run the BB Experience app suite on any high end Android phone I am guessing and get a similar feel to it. So for that you can choose any Android phone, thinner, better spec'ed, and probably cheaper as well.

But... I likely will buy the slider because it will be the ONLY Android phone that has all this plus a real BB keyboard. At the cost of a significantly heavier and thicker phone, which I call a negative.

Now... IF it ends up running BlackBerry 10 in some form (2 versions for example) then I see what you mean in that it would be the first high end upgrade for the Z10/30 users that love BB10.
    09-03-15 04:02 PM
    To each their own I guess. If I was buying a glass slab to run Android I sure as heck wouldn't get the BB slider since chances are you'll be able to run the BB Experience app suite on any high end Android phone I am guessing and get a similar feel to it. So for that you can choose any Android phone, thinner, better spec'ed, and probably cheaper as well.

But... I likely will buy the slider because it will be the ONLY Android phone that has all this plus a real BB keyboard. At the cost of a significantly heavier and thicker phone, which I call a negative.

Now... IF it ends up running BlackBerry 10 in some form (2 versions for example) then I see what you mean in that it would be the first high end upgrade for the Z10/30 users that love BB10.
    The BB experience via apk will not be the same as a BB Android phone thus the proliferation of custom roms for the Android platform, they cannot enable the same functions via an app. Otherwise yes it would make sense and be cheaper to get a $400 new model Nexus in October.
    09-03-15 04:13 PM
    The BB experience via apk will not be the same as a BB Android phone thus the proliferation of custom roms for the Android platform, they cannot enable the same functions via an app. Otherwise yes it would make sense and be cheaper to get a $400 new model Nexus in October.
    True IF they manage to include the hub at the base level and all. Yes. But no one knows that at this point. It seems to me that the "leaker" would have posted some pictures of the hub transitions if they exist since that would be a truly provocative thing to leak. What I see looks just like plain Android. Yes likely it is not anything final but still.
    09-03-15 04:20 PM
    I'm sure that this has been asked.

Is anyone really not happy that an Adndroid device will be in the BlackBerry line up?

Looks like it almost 'confirmed' Slider will running Android OS.

Who will getting one?

I will buy it when available!

Attachment 367470
    09-03-15 09:40 PM

Is anyone really not happy that an Adndroid device will be in the BlackBerry line up?
    I notice some people are unhappy with it running Android. Me, along with many android users are eager to buy this slider.

Sure there are plenty of cheaper android phones out there but, I really want that physical keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-03-15 11:44 PM

I am not happy about it. Not because it will be a device in the lineup, but because it is almost certainly the end of BB10. BlackBerry has a long history of have a myopic focus on the hardware OS side. They dropped BBOS upgrades when they went to PlayBook to focus there. They dropped PlayBook not finished to focus on BB10. All of the devs here are stating they are getting nothing about updates to BB10, and that is likely because BlackBerry is focused on an Android device now.

I have no interest in Android, or PKB devices. So the Slider, 3 versions of Passport with a 4th developed and waiting, and the Classic have been huge wastes of time and left a massive whole in the product portfolio for existing customers. The Leap is selling as expected, poorly. A competent company should have been able to release all of this and a higher end all touch with controlled inventory to keep your Z line users on board and happy, but this is BlackBerry. They have moved on and the previous customers don't matter to them, and they wonder why their name brand is complete garbage after they do this time after time again.

Posted via Z30
    09-04-15 07:50 AM
    Well, that is a tough few words. But I do hear where you are coming from.

How much of that is true and based on opinionated ideas that are made by people who are really in the know? You know, people who just want to bad mouth BlackBerry.

I don't know where I stand at the moment.
    I have used android (for a couple of weeks) and it didn't make a deep impression on me.
    I guess it was a bout time to happen that BB would go and stregthen android. It might be the only viable competition to iOS, since BB lost so much ground over the years in the workplace.
    09-04-15 12:43 PM
    Yup.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 06:33 PM
    Well said Larry.
    I agree.
    How it would be to have the BB phones of today with the market position of the BB past.

Yup.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:56 AM
    I will but I will really miss the way you access apps with BB10.
    I wish they could keep that option.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-05-15 09:55 PM
    Not from now on. Android 6.0 is out. Now you can customise permissions - like BB10. Enable and disable what you want
    This shows how less some people know about Android. It's not 6.0 it's 5.2 Marshmallow! Guys, please take a look at some Motorola Android Phones not those ugly bloated Samsung ones and consider changing your mind about Android.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    09-06-15 05:38 AM
    I would, IF...
    * it has the hub just like bb10, not just a hub app
    * if the hub has ALL notifications, weather, etc.
    * if I can have widgets
    * if it has Google play so Google now etc works right

Don't say 'buy an android' , I have one, and a Z30, I just want the best of both in one.
    09-06-15 01:16 PM
    yeah i've used all the 3 OS in multiple iterations and BB10 just does it for me. plus if you can deal with google's required permissions then so be it- that's not for me. itunes is horrible. i will, however, see what Win10 mobile has to offer. oh and the Z30 provides a much better BB10 experience IMO. Z10 is nice, though.
    My thoughts exactly

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 05:05 PM
    I'm torn between this, a Nexus 6 or the Nexus 5 (2015)

Z30 | STA100-2/10.3.2.2639 | Globe PH
    09-07-15 05:09 PM
    Will buy it if it come with BlackBerry Hub and emails.
    It would be great that the Android apps will finally work perfectly and I can also enjoy the Emoji keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 09:33 PM
    Will buy it if it come with BlackBerry Hub and emails.
    It would be great that the Android apps will finally work perfectly and I can also enjoy the Emoji keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I'm all for android apps running flawlessly! Theres one emoji kb thats skinnable. This with All in one gestures app(must download), will be a treat to use.
    09-07-15 10:07 PM
    The greatest question: will youtube videos be able to be played in the background like on BB10? Active frames?

These features really change the way I handle a smartphone. Bb10 is just so much faster than anything else I've tried.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 02:53 AM
244 ... 78910