Exactly how I feel. Apps that I absolutely need that do not work right without G-Play. And I tried the Cobalt substitute for G-Play. Too cumbersome too install. I don't have time to mess with it. BB fanboys say BB10 is so easy to use, so easy flow, etc. Then why can't a G-Play substitute be created that's easy to install? As in be present on BBW or Snap, click on icon, then it installs. All those separate pieces to install and instructions to follow.... jiminy freakin' christmas.
    Agreed. BlackBerry is about productivity and the time wasted trying to find work around for essential apps (like banking apps) are a huge waste of time.
    08-23-15 07:23 AM
    already loved the BlackBerry torch so I will definitely give it a try

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    08-23-15 08:05 AM
    I'm holding out for the BlackBerry Windows phone...or was it the BlackBerry iOS phone?
    kbz1960, filanto and Alain_A like this.
    08-23-15 08:11 AM
    Judging with its physical hardware (yes its a presumption), 5.5" display dictates the size of this phone (and being a BlackBerry device) would be cumbersome enough for my jogging shorts & pants in most cases that I'd need to be active. So carrying it with one hand is a must. We don't know yet how the sliding mechanism is sturdy enough to keep the keyboard and screen intact when holding it in one hand. It's like holding an iPhone 6 plus tbh so with smaller hands like me, I would need to hold it on the side which begs the first question, does the mechanism is sturdy enough? I guess accessories can save the flaw for people with smaller hands, but we are talking BlackBerry, it's not the brand everyone will be making for). You say it's a work phone? The flavor is Android and it competes with media consumption so there's that

Also for the keys, I could care less about the feel of it, but how wide is it makes the difference. Typing with iPhone 6 plus is never a one handed task for me. For me the logic is if it is the same thing as what it would take for my hands to carry like the passport, I would just go with the Passport SE version. At least I would know that it can take more beating than the Slider. The camera after 8 mega pixel is already enough for me. low light adaptability is what makes the difference.

There's no reason for me to get it in all fairness. It's not the phone for me, if I would go big I'd rather go for Passport SE version (i'm more happy with using 10.3.2!), if I would go for great Camera and Apps, there's iPhone for it. Well as long as I can download Blackberry Suite for the features they are lacking I'll be a happy camper in the Dark side.
    08-23-15 08:31 AM
    I want this device. I haven't had a slider in quite a while. I think whether it's got Android or if it's got BB10, either way I'm down with the purchase. I use Apk files on my Z10 anyways....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-23-15 08:31 AM
    I want this device. I haven't had a slider in quite a while. I think whether it's got Android or if it's got BB10, either way I'm down with the purchase. I use Apk files on my Z10 anyways....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    ok but you're betting on the android version to give you the same BB10 experience? unless you don't care about the core apps and only android ones, then you're probably better off.
    08-23-15 11:26 AM
    ok but you're betting on the android version to give you the same BB10 experience? unless you don't care about the core apps and only android ones, then you're probably better off.
    What I'm saying is that no matter which OS, I'll make due. I use an iPhone, Android, Windows phone, BlackBerry and anything else I can get my hands on. I just think I'm open minded and enjoy technology in general. I'll still have my Z10 for a BB10 experience even if the Venice has Android.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE
    kbz1960, MO3iusONE and twelvezero8 like this.
    08-23-15 12:38 PM
    What I'm saying is that no matter which OS, I'll make due. I use an iPhone, Android, Windows phone, BlackBerry and anything else I can get my hands on. I just think I'm open minded and enjoy technology in general. I'll still have my Z10 for a BB10 experience even if the Venice has Android.

Being open minded, I wish more people were like that. I've said this many times before android has its pros and cons, so does ios, so does bb10. But not on crackberry.com. on here, bb10 is the best os ever with nothing wrong and every other OS is ****.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Septembersrain and astrodan13 like this.
    08-23-15 02:12 PM
    🙋

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-15 05:09 PM
    Meme me me

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:21 PM
    You know I will have to...!

I clicked this on my Passport.
    08-23-15 05:25 PM
    I'd buy BlackBerry running ios as well . I want new BlackBerry phone. I am sick of waiting for new BlackBerry all touch screen phone

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:27 PM

yeah i've used all the 3 OS in multiple iterations and BB10 just does it for me. plus if you can deal with google's required permissions then so be it- that's not for me. itunes is horrible. i will, however, see what Win10 mobile has to offer. oh and the Z30 provides a much better BB10 experience IMO. Z10 is nice, though.
    08-23-15 07:45 PM
    That was pretty interesting Blackberry coming with android. I definitely wanna try this new phone. Waiting eagerly for official announcement. I referred so many articles about this and all are just like "bla bla". Waiting for official..
    08-24-15 01:44 AM
    plus if you can deal with google's required permissions then so be it- that's not for me.
    Not from now on. Android 6.0 is out. Now you can customise permissions - like BB10. Enable and disable what you want
    DJM626 likes this.
    08-24-15 02:51 AM
    yeah i've used all the 3 OS in multiple iterations and BB10 just does it for me. plus if you can deal with google's required permissions then so be it- that's not for me. itunes is horrible. i will, however, see what Win10 mobile has to offer. oh and the Z30 provides a much better BB10 experience IMO. Z10 is nice, though.
    Only problems I had with the Z30 were the weight and screen. It was a very capable phone. I just liked the lighter weight and LCD screen of the Z10. I tried the Z30 twice, just couldn't get myself to like it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-24-15 06:36 AM
    Only problems I had with the Z30 were the weight and screen. It was a very capable phone. I just liked the lighter weight and LCD screen of the Z10. I tried the Z30 twice, just couldn't get myself to like it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    Funny. I thought the weight of the Z10 was always lacking. Yeah the screen on Z10 is brighter, sharper but the Z30's real estate makes so much better for typing. Z10 is cool for one hand use, I guess it depends on small your hands are.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:10 AM
    Not from now on. Android 6.0 is out. Now you can customise permissions - like BB10. Enable and disable what you want
    Too late to the game.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:11 AM
    So I am totally on board now. So what changed? Today went to download an app I needed. On blackberry world it wasn't available. On amazon app store it was available but kept crashing every time I opened it. On Google play I side loaded or whatever it kept saying it needed Google play. I (supposedly) patch the app with lucky patch to no avail. I do hope it's not just stock android and has some sort of blackberry security and integration. I still think BB10 is the best OS on the market but app developers could care less and are still not supporting. Always wanted a slider now just have to sell the wife on letting me get this.

Posted via CB10
    Selling the wife to get a slider is hardcore.

Posted via CB10
    Graham Miller and MO3iusONE like this.
    08-24-15 10:41 AM
    Too late to the game.

Posted via CB10
    How so? Android have made it so big and far even with compulsory app permissions. Just look at the numbers -% market share. With Android 6.0 allowing people to customize permissions, don't see how that's not gonna better their standing among consumers, and don't see how that is late either
    ayngling and Witmen like this.
    08-24-15 11:23 AM
    Selling the wife to get a slider is hardcore.

Posted via CB10
    Ha! The more and more I think about this phone the more excited I get. Will definitely be my next phone. Hope the do something special with the android OS the make it stand out on this device.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    08-24-15 02:29 PM
    If BB10, absolutely. If Android, it really depends on implementation and performance. The quality of the BlackBerry Experience Suite and how well it replicates BB10 (I want peek/flow, need hub and BB10 vkb). If BB can make its flavor of Android secure and productive like BB10 with the added benefit of GPS, then I'll do it. I just don't want to go 1 step forward (apps) and two steps back (interface and experience). So I'm eagerly waiting to see how this plays out.
    08-24-15 05:11 PM
    This^
    08-24-15 06:08 PM
    Not if I can't root it without voiding the warranty.
    If I go Android I need to prevent as much tracking as possible, and this is only feasible through rooting (xprivacy and xposed are 2 modules that are mandatory for me, when using a private phone).

I would very probably also remove a lot of apps (FB, Gmail, Twitter and Chrome would be the first to go).
    08-25-15 06:34 AM
    I'm in. But I would prefer to have a Q10 running Android. I like the form factor and weight of the Q10.

A killer for the slider would be if it is 180g or more. Who wants a brick in the suit?
    As a fan of the Nokia Communicator...
    180g seems to be on the lighter side anyhow.
    I hate these weightless plastic phones. Just feels cheap. I remember the first iteration of the Nokia 8800.
    You held that phone in your hand, and you just knew that the workmanship was good. A big part of it was the weight (and sliding mechanism).
    08-25-15 06:41 AM
244 ... 56789 ...