yea, but if bb10 is an option, i will get both
    08-20-15 08:51 PM
    I am really struggling to find the attraction to this device. Getting excited for a keyboard slider in 2015 would be like getting excited about a brand new car with drum brakes and a cassette player.

Z10/Q10, 10.3.1.2708
    08-20-15 08:59 PM
    Hi all.
    I put a new poll up here. Things are getting interesting.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...u-buy-1034767/
    08-20-15 09:12 PM
    I am really struggling to find the attraction to this device. Getting excited for a keyboard slider in 2015 would be like getting excited about a brand new car with drum brakes and a cassette player.

Z10/Q10, 10.3.1.2708
    Uhh what? Why? Can you explain? Are physical keyboards all of a sudden not the best text input method? Are big screens all of a sudden old-fashioned? Just because there hasn't been a good slider in awhile doesn't mean the form factor isn't useful.

And have you seen the slider pictures? This thing is crazy high end looking. They're throwing everything they can at the slider (including that curved display). I'll buy one just because BlackBerry has the audacity to make something so weird and amazing (it'll complement my OG Passport rather nicely).

BlackBerry is becoming a maker of avant garde, art phone it seems. Just the coolest phone company around. The SE Passport was an oddly kitsch design misstep, but it has great fundamentals, so it's hard to fault them. The Slider is back on track. I hope there's a bb10 version.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    08-20-15 10:54 PM
    I am really struggling to find the attraction to this device.
    It solves an otherwise insolvable problem. How to have a large full touch screen AND a physical keyboard without making an impractical long device.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    ayngling likes this.
    08-21-15 12:31 AM
    +1 here. I would love it if they blended android and the hub. Navigating the hub is so much quicker than other phone's OS. I've been running BB10 since the Z10 and can't imagine not having the hub.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    08-21-15 08:24 AM
    BB10 or nothing else. Love my Passport. No Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 09:06 AM
    no hellz way!!! my understanding is that there will be two versions, android and bbos10.This fanboy will always stick with bbos10!!!

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-21-15 11:21 AM
    no hellz way!!! my understanding is that there will be two versions, android and bbos10.This fanboy will always stick with bbos10!!!

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    *BB10
    (though I like the original BBX)

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:57 PM
    *BB10
    (though I like the original BBX)

Posted via CB10
    just that name [BBX] could have changed how BBRY marketed these phones. but they didn't market them at all so there's that.
    08-21-15 03:15 PM
    Want to say I would, but I'd probably just get a note 5 instead. I mean unless BlackBerry made it more powerful than the note 5. There's no reason to get any other android device that's not samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Reason 1: No TouchWiz crap
    Reason 2: KEYBOARD

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 03:38 PM
    Reason 1: No TouchWiz crap
    Reason 2: KEYBOARD

Posted via CB10
    You should make a poll to reach out to the android faithful and ask how many of them actually care about #2. You'll frown at the results. Sucks.. and your put it all in capitals too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by extisis; 08-21-15 at 05:42 PM.
    08-21-15 04:36 PM
    I've got better things to do than participating in BB10 vs. Android wars. In MY opinion if the Slider runs Android it will be more successful than a BB10 version because carriers will support it much better than a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 02:17 AM
    Okay,

Long time reader here, I don't post much on here or anywhere. But wtf? Why is everyone so delusional about BB10?! I've had BlackBerry 4-7 devices, last was the 9780 then went Android and when the Q10 came out I jumped on board FROM day one of the Rogers launch(called in before Rogers even posted it on their site that day), then when the BlackBerry Classic came out same thing; bought it and sold my Q10.

Now, don't get me wrong. BlackBerry makes good software and even better hardware. But, imho BB10 is sort of behind in some aspects. Where are the apps? Maybe us, the userbase, is fine with what we have access too. But majority of people just want a phone that "works", my friends who owns iPhone's or some kind of an Android just post to IG, use fb, snapchat/periscope, twitter, txt/iMessage, browse the web or watch videos/stream music. HALF of the stuff I just said you can't do either at all or it's buggy. SnapChat, nope. Periscope(doesn't show up for my Snap) so nope? Music? Spotify is glitchy as hell so no. Sure things can work if you tweak it, but your average consumer doesn't want to tweak anything. They just want to download an app, and start playing it immediately.

The google runtime makes my apps that do work, slow. I get a faded screen from dark grey at the bottom to black at the top when I load apps like Instagram. This happens almost every time I open it. I sit at this screen for 3-12 seconds. It's annoying. When it does load sometimes I'll scroll and it will lag behind up to 15 seconds.. that drives me nuts.

So I welcome the Slider/Venice as long as Android is running on it. 5.1 if not 6.0 Marshmallow. Bring what makes BB10 successful but implement it into Android.

also, I'm expecting a white version to come out as of day one. Or, if anyone @ BlackBerry is listening, for the love of god bring out a RED Slider like you brought out a RED passport. make it half black and half red(frame black, back red, keys red or some weird combination).

I'm tired of carrying multiple phones, let me get rid of my Android and trade my Classic for the Android running Venice.. But don't make me wait til November when the phone is already in carrier's hands being tested. This is ridiculous. Bring it out now so the public is aware of it now..
    08-22-15 02:58 AM
    Where are the apps? If that's the most important thing to you, then bb10 won't fit the bill. Even Windows Phone has had issues getting companies to release apps. BB10 is far ahead of the competition in other ways.

There won't be a third mobile-only app platform. There is iOS and Android. It's a shame, because bb10 is such a better OS, and I really love Cascades.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:02 PM
    I'll hopefully be getting got as soon as it comes out!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:09 PM
    Please vote in my poll.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11871997

I have a Passport and a Samsung edge, so I want this slider.
    08-22-15 12:44 PM
    I use the classic and a Note 4. I almost went yesterday and upgraded the Note 4 to a 5. Now that I'm reading this android/bb phone maybe released in November!!!! I'm waiting!
    08-22-15 01:55 PM
    I've got better things to do than participating in BB10 vs. Android wars. In MY opinion if the Slider runs Android it will be more successful than a BB10 version because carriers will support it much better than a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    thanks for your participation.
    08-22-15 02:25 PM
    Will retire my passport and get Slider

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 03:51 PM
    So I am totally on board now. So what changed? Today went to download an app I needed. On blackberry world it wasn't available. On amazon app store it was available but kept crashing every time I opened it. On Google play I side loaded or whatever it kept saying it needed Google play. I (supposedly) patch the app with lucky patch to no avail. I do hope it's not just stock android and has some sort of blackberry security and integration. I still think BB10 is the best OS on the market but app developers could care less and are still not supporting. Always wanted a slider now just have to sell the wife on letting me get this.

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    08-22-15 11:32 PM
    I'd rather get the blackberry hub app until I'm sure they've optimized Android. The Android experience on BlackBerry 10 made me ditch BlackBerry 10 completely. In the end the need for a quality Android app experience made me quit 😢

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-15 01:19 AM
    So I am totally on board now. So what changed? Today went to download an app I needed. On blackberry world it wasn't available. On amazon app store it was available but kept crashing every time I opened it. On Google play I side loaded or whatever it kept saying it needed Google play. I (supposedly) patch the app with lucky patch to no avail. I do hope it's not just stock android and has some sort of blackberry security and integration. I still think BB10 is the best OS on the market but app developers could care less and are still not supporting. Always wanted a slider now just have to sell the wife on letting me get this.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly how I feel. Apps that I absolutely need that do not work right without G-Play. And I tried the Cobalt substitute for G-Play. Too cumbersome too install. I don't have time to mess with it. BB fanboys say BB10 is so easy to use, so easy flow, etc. Then why can't a G-Play substitute be created that's easy to install? As in be present on BBW or Snap, click on icon, then it installs. All those separate pieces to install and instructions to follow.... jiminy freakin' christmas.
    08-23-15 02:02 AM
    Exactly how I feel. Apps that I absolutely need that do not work right without G-Play. And I tried the Cobalt substitute for G-Play. Too cumbersome too install. I don't have time to mess with it. BB fanboys say BB10 is so easy to use, so easy flow, etc. Then why can't a G-Play substitute be created that's easy to install? As in be present on BBW or Snap, click on icon, then it installs. All those separate pieces to install and instructions to follow.... jiminy freakin' christmas.
    You have balls Sir... for saying that. I agree though some people want these things without the hassle. I know some would saw well then got get an android or iphone. I love blackberry and this could just be the phone that is exactly what a lot of people have wanted for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 02:10 AM
    No I wont. If its about the physical keyboard, then I have passport. If its about android then there are much better at lesser price like moto droid etc. If its about BlackBerry, then this android was the last thing I ever wanted (those annoying ads inside apps, feel like throwing away the phone). If its about the form factor, then a big no from me, after using passport I cannot see a better screen for my eyes.

Just a question : How to type in landscape mode in the slider. If you say virtual keyboard then I am sorry BlackBerry, I want simplicity in my life.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 02:15 AM
244 ... 45678 ...