Not me.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 12:14 PM
    No need to have a 2nd phone. The Passport is fine for me.

ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    08-19-15 12:14 PM
    When did blackberry said that the slider will be android based??? I did not see anything info saying that. The only info I read was that the new slider will be running BB10
    08-19-15 12:16 PM
    If it's Android OS, I would pass. Even though I would really want that device format as I loved the 9800 Torch!! I would stick to my Passport for now.

Again, no one from BlackBerry has confirmed this is an Android based device, not to my knowledge at this time anyway.

If it does have BB 10 OS, I will certainly entertain the idea in getting one!

We'll have to wait and see for the official release information to know what OS it will have!!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.2.2226, OS 10.3.2.2339
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    08-19-15 12:23 PM
    I probably will pick up one but I don't know if I am going to like to long and tall form factor. I just have to give it a try. If I don't like it, I'll return it .

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-19-15 12:41 PM
    08-19-15 12:58 PM
    If it's running Android it will be a huge disappointment to me and I won't be buying one.

Having had a 9810 I was looking forward to the new Slider but it's a non starter for me if it runs Android.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.1.2576
    acovey likes this.
    08-19-15 01:10 PM
    For lack of a proper all-touch device, I'll be seriously considering it. I may not get if day one like my Z10, but I'll probably get it.

I like to have a sturdy case on my phone though to protect it from my own clumsiness, and cases for sliders are often hard to come by (at least they were with the Torch). Really like my Seidio Dilex cases for my Z10 and Nexus 7, so if they make one for the Slider, even if it can't slide, I would buy that.
    08-19-15 01:12 PM
    When did blackberry said that the slider will be android based??? I did not see anything info saying that. The only info I read was that the new slider will be running BB10
    It's not official yet, but you can be pretty sure that it will run Android. Apparently there's going to be BB10 version too, though.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:25 PM
    I think some here will buy anything BlackBerry, but I think many other will be waiting for some additional info and a hands on review by Bla1ze and company. Still a number of unknowns on pricing, performance and quality.... and of course security.
    08-19-15 01:29 PM
    I would prefer a bb10 with android runtime and maybe full GPS support-but when the future of BlackBerry would be android, so it's still BlackBerry and I would choose it!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:39 PM
    BlackBerry meets my needs and I have no desire to have an Android OS. Especially after helping friends with OS issues on their Android Phones. That OS is a mess.
    No disrespect to the creators of the Android OS, but I have to agree with you... It is a mess!
    acovey likes this.
    08-19-15 01:50 PM
    I will most likely

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 02:06 PM
    "So who will getting the 'Android Slider'?"

Not me!
    acovey likes this.
    08-19-15 02:15 PM
    This whole discussion about Android is costing BlackBerry customers at the moment.

Last Thursday I had another appoinment with a conference call with a client , and last time the allready mention about BlackBerry and Android. So I called them for 70 BlackBerry Leaps and told me they wanted to go with The Samsung S5 5G PLUS devices. They stopping using BlackBerry after 8 years and I was suprised.

I talk with the mobile / ict guy and he told me that if BlackBerry goes Android ,what is the point to get the BlackBerry. He also mention the Playbook which where replaced allready with Android tablet. He think BB10 will be the same story like the Playbook. No support .

At least I had my sale for the thursday morning and a nice chat but it worries me as BlackBerry users and the last two days looks like my comment "John Chen said it will come out with BB10" that nobody believes me anymore ,also at my own department they thinking BlackBerry is finished going Android and better get an Android device with better specs that the Leap. Still tell them it will be BB10 al the way.

The Q about if I going for an Slider, Not with FULL-ANDROID . I sell my Passport and move on
    08-19-15 02:23 PM
    Yeah, not me. I'll end up with android anyway, but I'll get it from another manufacturer.

Most of them I can pay half the price and get better specs, not to mention no curved screen, actually have some experience with android devices, and if they are going to release it as a launcher anyway, there will be no advantage to it, I'll just throw it in any device I want.

FML
    I will, just never understood the specs argument the S6 have worse Mah than the z30 from 2 years ago but if you can find me a cheap light-weight android with 5760 MaH I'll be interested
    08-19-15 03:10 PM
    This whole discussion about Android is costing BlackBerry customers at the moment.

Last Thursday I had another appoinment with a conference call with a client , and last time the allready mention about BlackBerry and Android. So I called them for 70 BlackBerry Leaps and told me they wanted to go with The Samsung S5 5G PLUS devices. They stopping using BlackBerry after 8 years and I was suprised.

I talk with the mobile / ict guy and he told me that if BlackBerry goes Android ,what is the point to get the BlackBerry. He also mention the Playbook which where replaced allready with Android tablet. He think BB10 will be the same story like the Playbook. No support .

At least I had my sale for the thursday morning and a nice chat but it worries me as BlackBerry users and the last two days looks like my comment "John Chen said it will come out with BB10" that nobody believes me anymore ,also at my own department they thinking BlackBerry is finished going Android and better get an Android device with better specs that the Leap. Still tell them it will be BB10 al the way.

The Q about if I going for an Slider, Not with FULL-ANDROID . I sell my Passport and move on

Anyone that was familiar with the PlayBook isn't going to put much faith in a CEO's words. I imagine we are about to have two pretty bad finical quarters, and that is something that Chen has most likely wanted to prevent. But the leaks about Android are out there so he has carefully tried to misdirect customers.

He'll use Android if it can be made secure.... amazing how fast they were able to do that.
    He'll release BB10.3.3..... of course that will be a minor maintenance fix and probable the last update other than possible a security patch if necessary.

We are right were we were 2-1/2 years ago.... one OS that is EOL and a new OS and platform to transition to. Not something that enterprise customers are going to want to even think about.
    08-19-15 03:11 PM
    A high end android with keyboard? I'll give it a try...
    Only problem for me is the keyboard layout. Needs a refresh, it doesn't even have a number row!

So who will getting the 'Android Slider'?-bbbkeyboard.jpg
    08-19-15 03:13 PM
    Yes, if will gestured base and have a hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 03:21 PM
    Nope. I like the workflow of BB10. Besides Verizon won't carry it anyway.
    08-19-15 03:30 PM
    I will be if they don't mess up Hub. That's 80% of the reason why I haven't left BB yet, flow and Hub.
    08-19-15 04:35 PM
    Definitely getting.
    08-19-15 04:45 PM
    WHAT Blackberry has a new phone, wow no one told me about this, and its Android, what will they think of next.

An Iphone with BB10 and Android
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    08-19-15 04:46 PM
    Wonder how much lag the BB skin will add to Android. I think they have to give it a shot, not sure if I will buy one though.
    08-19-15 05:30 PM
    Wonder how much lag the BB skin will add to Android. I think they have to give it a shot, not sure if I will buy one though.
    That is a valid concern. Outside of Moto which is close to stock, not a fan of big OEM skins in terms of responsiveness vs features.
    08-19-15 05:36 PM
244 12345 ...