11-12-15 05:55 AM
66 123
tools
    Coming from someone who's never owned a smartphone that wasn't a blackberry, I'm learning to love the priv. The device itself is absolutely incredible. Though the blackberry experience needs some work. I'm looking forward to future software updates that perfect the Hub, stabilize all the blackberry features, and bring more bb10 feel to android. I'm also excited to see how they make more use of the curved screen and track pad enabled keyboard(gestures please)

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    Daniel Grappone likes this.
    11-11-15 11:14 AM
    Coming from someone who's never owned a smartphone that wasn't a blackberry, I'm learning to love the priv. The device itself is absolutely incredible. Though the blackberry experience needs some work. I'm looking forward to future software updates that perfect the Hub, stabilize all the blackberry features, and bring more bb10 feel to android. I'm also excited to see how they make more use of the curved screen and track pad enabled keyboard(gestures please)

So, a BlackBerry Phone that isn't providing much of a BlackBerry Experience, doesn't make good use of the Curved Screen, and touch-enabled keyboard?

They put out a phone that doesn't even have the Hub (the one BlackBerry unique feature) working properly? That boggles my mind A) how a company can continue to be so bad at this and B) why this doesn't seem to bother people? That is people who value those features in BlackBerry phones.

KAM
    andy957 likes this.
    11-11-15 11:23 AM
    I actually love my priv and this is coming from a former iPhone and note 5 user

People need to realise bb10 was a huge failure and understand that android is the only way BlackBerry cam survive. I'm just happy they made a legit no compromise smart phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I disagree that BB10 is a failure. Compared to Android? I think the Priv should be an awesome phone, but what I would really like is for BB to provide BB11= BB10 + Google apps + better camera (maybe). This would be my "perfect phone" - my Z30 running BB11
    11-11-15 11:30 AM
    agree
    11-11-15 11:36 AM
    I bet they come up with a passport slider using the full screen of the passport on android

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:42 AM
    I almost returned it after the first day. Now I can't put it down. It I love it.

BlackBerry Priv.
    11-11-15 04:23 PM
    Love it. It rocks. Posted from my Passport though. I still haven't been able to bring myself to transfer my SIM.

Posted via CB10
    bugginout6106 likes this.
    11-11-15 04:46 PM
    Vinegar Knutson & Jedidiah Kincaid gave it a 10 outta 10 and they're wiring a rap track to it.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:48 PM
    No issues whatsoever!!! Phones been in use and unhooked charger cable this am at around 6am. 6pm now and my battery charge is running at 82%.

11-11-15 07:25 PM
    Best BB ever! Combines so many features from past devices plus Android apps. Learning more every day, and it's been Christmas since last Friday.

AT&T Priv STV100-1
    11-11-15 09:18 PM
    Yes, Bluetooth sync with car was easy...works great!

AT&T Priv STV100-1
    11-11-15 09:22 PM
    I switched from a Q10, and I have to say that I love this phone. The battery, hub, and keyboard have all settled in nicely. I'm really enjoying the android experience so far, will be awesome to see even better battery performance with marshmallow as well. I'm also exited to see what BlackBerry does in terms of supporting their suite of apps and adding additional functionality/features. BB10 is a multitasking monster so we're all kind of spoiled really. Can't wait to see the Priv evolve and I'm really glad I upgraded to it, it has met my expectations which are pretty damn high as a long time BlackBerry owner.

11-11-15 09:32 PM
    No issues whatsoever!!! Phones been in use and unhooked charger cable this am at around 6am. 6pm now and my battery charge is running at 82%.

I'm sorry but no way you spent 12 hours of moderate use and are only down to 82%. What is your screen on time, 4 minutes?
    11-11-15 09:41 PM

This is prolly the best touch screen device experience for me. The BlackBerry vkb with flick word prediction is ace. I've had issues with earlier android os versions where my typing accuracy was less than stellar despite knowingly a correct typist. It use to frustrate me to no end especially if you have to. Bang out a high volume of email responses, that lack of typing inaccuracy didn't work for me and was a huge time waster.

One thing about the screen it's really sensitive to touch and I'm learning to not accidentally tap certain areas as that will minimize my current screen and/or activate the pull down and some other features that pop up. That's my only frustration right now otherwise it works flawlessly with zero issues.

11-12-15 05:44 AM
    I actually love my priv and this is coming from a former iPhone and note 5 user

People need to realise bb10 was a huge failure and understand that android is the only way BlackBerry cam survive. I'm just happy they made a legit no compromise smart phone.

BB10 was not a huge failure. True, it didn't have the adoption required to thrive but that was in my mind due to unbelievably poor execution on Blackberry part from day 1.

The analogy I like to use is as follows. The world was basically blaming the child for its parents faults. And that's always an up hill battle.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    This thread was needed, the priv is a joy! She's beautiful, intriguing, a mystery, like a present u unwrap over n over and never get sick of seeing the same wrapping paper-like a new car feeling! Storm2Q10PRIV

66 123