I am enjoying mine it is 1000x times better than the s5 and the g3 and the one plus one I had.
    Maybe if I install the BlackBerry kb on the s5(the only phone I kept of the three) I may learn to like the s5 more. Will look into that later. Out of the box the Priv kicks the touchwiz *** like Bruce Lee kicking everyone else who even approaches him.
    11-08-15 12:15 AM
    My daughter and I both love the phone. Been waiting since they first showed it months ago. Got them yesterday at 10am, haven't really stopped playing with it.
    Lacuna_a_x likes this.
    11-08-15 12:21 AM
    I'm losing sleep over it lol... I can't wait till mine comes in... I think I might have a problem :/

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:28 AM
    I like it. I think it's awesome! Golden! Good job BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Lacuna_a_x and wincyUt like this.
    11-08-15 12:29 AM
    I love the Priv, almost as much as my Prius. This is my first Blackberry phone. I have a photon Q before, I hated it but it was the only keyboard phone at that time.

I did experienced the heating issue and sd card problem yesterday, but I fixed all those problems today. It takes some effort to go into each app to setup the correct settings, but it's the same for all phones..
    11-08-15 01:57 AM
    I really like the BlackBerry style keyboard on screen where the word predicted pops up and u flick to choose the word.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 02:40 AM
    Can you tell more about heating issue, caused by browser etc...
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 02:47 AM
    If folks spend $700.00 plus for a product that is not functioning as advertised...they have a right to voice their opinion. I skipped the Priv after handling one and decided it was not worth it to me. It is subjective. If you have one enjoy...in this fast moving phone environment new phones will appear in Q1. and we will have more choices then. You say Move on, like the rest of us to 2015." Blackberry has not fully moved on with the Priv...It is mixed mash of old and new. Old: Using the 2013 Z30 weave glass back material for aesthetics and physical keyboard concept from 10 years ago. That will appeal to a niche market. Newer: Blackberry not being innovated by using a Samsung produced curve screen which has less PPI pixel rating than the S6 Edge. I am sure a lot of this has to do with resources and Chen is utilizing existing resources and partnering with Samsung to get The Priv out. I believe Microsoft is Innovating with there Surface products. MS new phones 950 XL/950 has some nice new features that are innovated. I appreciate all the feed back from new owners
    Do you understand how PPI works???

The S6 Edge has a 5.1inch QHD display, the Priv a 5.4inch QHD Display and the S6 Edge+ a 5.7inch QHD Display. So, guess which will have the lowest PPI...
    Bay 13 likes this.
    11-08-15 03:28 AM
    I actually love my priv and this is coming from a former iPhone and note 5 user

People need to realise bb10 was a huge failure and understand that android is the only way BlackBerry cam survive. I'm just happy they made a legit no compromise smart phone.

Why is BlackBerry 10 a HUGE failure?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:37 AM
    Overall I like it but it has some major issues.

- Not being able to attach a document in the hub from the SD Card is an inexcusable miss by Blackberry.

- The speaker is a big let down. Having a tiny mono speaker not the left side of the phone with this big speaker grill was a big fake out by Blackberry.

- The phone gets hot with just simple things like browsing the web for a few minutes.

- Mine has spotty WiFi connections. I have a Z30, a Passport and an iPhone 6S Plus and none of them have issues with WiFi but this phone does.

- The camera is decent but the photo processing time really needs to be improved.

- No built in native file manager and the need to download one are a disappointment

- The pkb is way too cramped for me and difficult to type on. I may get used to it but its been a struggle so far.

- I think battery life is going to be a struggle with this phone, but such is the nature of Android

- Chrome as the built in browser sucks. Trying to find a good replacement but BB should have baked in their BB10 browser.

Those are a few of the gripes I have with it. I think the build quality is nice but the software imo is really glitchy right now. Little things like taking a screen shot that should occur immediately take a few seconds to occur.
    It would appear you received a faulty model. Attaching documents from an SD (in Hub) is not an issue on mine or the others our company has received.

The speakers, note plural, are fantastic.

Battery life, while still a bit early to validate fully, is proving to be stellar. This is with HEAVY use. It was given a full charge upon receipt, then last night. It is looking to rival the Huawei Ascend Mate 2's we have.

The unit did run rather hot initially but has since stopped. Hopefully that was just a first run, indexing, settling in thing.

Chrome sucks? OK..

Anyway, probably need to return your unit and get one that is properly equipped like the rest, then your experience will hopefully improve.

If this isn't the best Android phone on the market right now, its damn close!!! Hell, I think it might just be the best phone - period!!

X

wincyUt likes this.
    11-08-15 10:21 AM
    It would appear you received a faulty model. Attaching documents from an SD (in Hub) is not an issue on mine or the others our company has received.

The speakers, note plural, are fantastic.

Battery life, while still a bit early to validate fully, is proving to be stellar. This is with HEAVY use. It was given a full charge upon receipt, then last night. It is looking to rival the Huawei Ascend Mate 2's we have.

The unit did run rather hot initially but has since stopped. Hopefully that was just a first run, indexing, settling in thing.

Chrome sucks? OK..

Anyway, probably need to return your unit and get one that is properly equipped like the rest, then your experience will hopefully improve.

If this isn't the best Android phone on the market right now, its damn close!!! Hell, I think it might just be the best phone - period!!

X

Others have reported the same issue with the hub.

Your speakers aren't plural. It's one little speaker thats about 1/3 of the bottom of the grill. You nor anyone else has a plural stereo speaker. You have a single mono speaker that is only on the left hand side of the speaker grill.

Yes, Chrome sucks.

I don't need to return it as your model and mine are the same outside of the hub issue which you don't seem to have.
    11-08-15 10:34 AM
    I don't like I love my Priv!!!!! I'm coming from the Passport and galaxy note 5.

Posted from My BlackBerry Priv
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-08-15 10:36 AM
    I kind of like it, but I am not an early adopter though. Nothing against the device, just not that kind of guy.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-08-15 10:45 AM
    Have sold this phone to about 3 people already. The phone design, android based, physical and virtual keyboard. This is a beast of a phone.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    11-11-15 01:40 AM
    I LOVE my Priv. One of my friends said that they will get one as their next phone as soon as it comes out on Verizon. They're sick of their iPhone 5s!

11-11-15 02:12 AM
    There doesn't even seem to be a native music or video app either. Just the Play Music and Play Movies & TV. Not having a native file manager is probably one of the biggest disappointments. Just terrible. I use to think Android was more superior than iOS, but that's because the three phones I was using was a BlackBerry Passport and Z30 and an iPhone 4S. No Android. I don't think that anymore. I may keep my Passport as my primary device and just get a 6S Plus to replace the 4S, and still keep the Z30 as my secondary phone.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    11-11-15 06:38 AM
    A smart man who knows adapting is important. All those complainers are mostly BB purist who are having a tough time with Android. Lets be honest, this is an Android phone with just a small skin of BB to keep its brand. You will learn how to use your emails better once you get used to the android environment, just like you had to go through a learning curve with your first BB phone moving from a Nokia 3310. Stop comparing it to the Z30, you should be smarter than that. Move on, just like the rest of us to 2015.

I carry both the most recent iOS and Android devices, and they are equally fast/versatile/effective in getting the job done on the move.
    Well that's just like, your opinion man!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 06:48 AM
    After less than a week of owning it, this is the greatest phone I've ever had. I moved from an iphone 5s and couldn't be happier. My wife is now waiting for Verizon to start carrying them.
    11-11-15 08:01 AM
    There doesn't even seem to be a native music or video app either. Just the Play Music and Play Movies & TV. Not having a native file manager is probably one of the biggest disappointments. Just terrible. I use to think Android was more superior than iOS, but that's because the three phones I was using was a BlackBerry Passport and Z30 and an iPhone 4S. No Android. I don't think that anymore. I may keep my Passport as my primary device and just get a 6S Plus to replace the 4S, and still keep the Z30 as my secondary phone.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    Luckily there are several file manager apps you can get from the play store. It's still bizarre that there is not no baked in, though.
    11-11-15 10:21 AM
    I finally got to see and try the Priv the other day..1st two retailers. Had dummy display units that were light, flimsy, squished when held and slider wiggled...I was unimpressed...But found a 3rd retailer with a real working display unit....night and day difference! Felt solid, slider was smooth and stable, but still not the same quality feel of the Passport, those dummy units will seriously hurt 1st impressions of potential purchasers. The "real" Priv was nice, but that being said I just can't give up my Passports huge keyboard, Priv keyboard now feels cramped, and and chin on Priv seemed in the way of my fat thumbs. My wife's Classic is easier to type on than the Priv, and now I am so accustomed to the Passport width/screen size I can't go back.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:33 AM
    I'd like to know if anyone has done the Bluetooth sync with their car yet for hands-free? Too early to ask?

Via CB10 with Z30 10.3.2.2639
    11-11-15 10:39 AM
    I'm enjoying my Priv to the fullest! I'm going to sell my secondary phone SE passport and get a second priv for work since it has all the bells and whistles I need and want.

Posted via Priv
    11-11-15 11:00 AM
    I'd like to know if anyone has done the Bluetooth sync with their car yet for hands-free? Too early to ask?

Via CB10 with Z30 10.3.2.2639
    Done it. My z10 never worked properly but, the PRIV is a God send.

Posted via PRIV
    cdnrower likes this.
    11-11-15 11:03 AM
    I actually love my priv and this is coming from a former iPhone and note 5 user

People need to realise bb10 was a huge failure and understand that android is the only way BlackBerry cam survive. I'm just happy they made a legit no compromise smart phone.

The claim that an Android Phone (compared to BB10) is "No compromise" is ridiculous. There are many compromises, and things that the PRIV does not do, that BB10 phones do.

BlackBerry made "legit" smartphones for years. The Company (the BB10 operating system can't be blamed for failures of people) did a horrible job internally supporting it, or garnering external (third party app) support.

What People need to realize is that there is nothing inherently changed about the Company BlackBerry just because they took the cheap route and switched over to Android.

But, glad you're enjoying the tiny bit of Blackberry experience that the PRIV offers. I can see how that might be appealing coming from iphone or other Android phones.

KAM
    11-11-15 11:09 AM
    Overall I like it but it has some major issues.

- Not being able to attach a document in the hub from the SD Card is an inexcusable miss by Blackberry.

- The speaker is a big let down. Having a tiny mono speaker not the left side of the phone with this big speaker grill was a big fake out by Blackberry.

- The phone gets hot with just simple things like browsing the web for a few minutes.

- Mine has spotty WiFi connections. I have a Z30, a Passport and an iPhone 6S Plus and none of them have issues with WiFi but this phone does.

- The camera is decent but the photo processing time really needs to be improved.

- No built in native file manager and the need to download one are a disappointment

- The pkb is way too cramped for me and difficult to type on. I may get used to it but its been a struggle so far.

- I think battery life is going to be a struggle with this phone, but such is the nature of Android

- Chrome as the built in browser sucks. Trying to find a good replacement but BB should have baked in their BB10 browser.

Those are a few of the gripes I have with it. I think the build quality is nice but the software imo is really glitchy right now. Little things like taking a screen shot that should occur immediately take a few seconds to occur.
    Wait, so NOT "no compromises?"

Sounds like the Software is yet another BB launch before it is ready. Same old mistakes, but the same old company that is apparently incapable of learning.

KAM
    11-11-15 11:12 AM
66 123