So many negative threads. Time for a refreshing thread. Who's happy with their decision to move to Priv? And what did you move over from?

Posted via CB10
    LiterallyLogan and murphcid like this.
    11-07-15 02:10 AM
    I actually love my priv and this is coming from a former iPhone and note 5 user

People need to realise bb10 was a huge failure and understand that android is the only way BlackBerry cam survive. I'm just happy they made a legit no compromise smart phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    LiterallyLogan likes this.
    11-07-15 02:25 AM
    I like it and definitely would like to try it. Just have to find the right excuse and a vendor here.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    11-07-15 02:46 AM
    I like it so far. I went in with high expectations from the Passport, but knowing that the experience would be completely different. I had an S6 I traded in to get the Priv and I can say I don't miss that thing one bit right now.

I can honestly say that the Priv is the start of me feeling like I have a complete device. The Passport had me missing apps, the Priv takes care of that. The hub is nothing compared to the BB10 experience, but it's leaps and bounds better than what I had going on when I had to switch to the S6 for longer than a week.

So far, yes, I like the Priv and I'm excited to keep learning and using the phone.

Posted via my physical or virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry Priv, duh.
    11-07-15 04:09 AM
    Overall I like it but it has some major issues.

- Not being able to attach a document in the hub from the SD Card is an inexcusable miss by Blackberry.

- The speaker is a big let down. Having a tiny mono speaker not the left side of the phone with this big speaker grill was a big fake out by Blackberry.

- The phone gets hot with just simple things like browsing the web for a few minutes.

- Mine has spotty WiFi connections. I have a Z30, a Passport and an iPhone 6S Plus and none of them have issues with WiFi but this phone does.

- The camera is decent but the photo processing time really needs to be improved.

- No built in native file manager and the need to download one are a disappointment

- The pkb is way too cramped for me and difficult to type on. I may get used to it but its been a struggle so far.

- I think battery life is going to be a struggle with this phone, but such is the nature of Android

- Chrome as the built in browser sucks. Trying to find a good replacement but BB should have baked in their BB10 browser.

Those are a few of the gripes I have with it. I think the build quality is nice but the software imo is really glitchy right now. Little things like taking a screen shot that should occur immediately take a few seconds to occur.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-07-15 04:17 AM
    I wished I can share my experience but Singapore don't even have a demo unit, how do I buy it when it's not available?

Meanwhile people own it already and are whining and nitpicking on their Priv. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:24 AM
    I like it and definitely would like to try it. Just have to find the right excuse and a vendor here.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    I think OP is looking for people who have actually "tried" it. You can't say you like it before properly using the device. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:00 AM
    OP I love it! It is an amazing experience so far. I don't know what else to say. I feel they did a he'll of a job. This is just the start guys. Give this phone and blackberry running on android a chance to grow. Initial impression is they might have something on their hands. They just need to continue to improve. I hope the consumers respond in a good way and help reach that 5 million total.

DolemiteDONS and wincyUt like this.
    11-07-15 05:10 AM
    So far I like it. I'm coming from a note 4. Thought it was a bit slow at first but once I found the BlackBerry apps in the play store and updated them thing started to run smoothly. Hoping everyone gets past all the negative first impressions and embraces the new BlackBerry hardware. I've missed it for awhile now. Love this keyboard. Nice job BlackBerry!!

wincyUt likes this.
    11-07-15 05:16 AM
    I love the Priv. I picked it up first thing yesterday when it launched, so I've had about 24 hours to play around with it. I've had all of the BlackBerry 10 phones at one time or another. The Priv is such an amazing phone. I love the way that BlackBerry has incorporated all of bits we love from BlackBerry 10 into Android.

I'm shocked to hear people comment negatively on the build quality. It is exceptional, so far as i can see after 24 hours. I love the camera, the speakers, the sliding keyboard. The only thing I've noticed is that android takes a bit of getting used to. It's a welcome change.

I love the phone. Bottom line!

DolemiteDONS, munakib and wincyUt like this.
    11-07-15 06:01 AM

People need to realise bb10 was a huge failure and understand that android is the only way BlackBerry cam survive. I'm just happy they made a legit no compromise smart phone.

It's compromised right from the outset. It has no privacy and it will require monthly patches to make it secure for one day every month (between hack and the month it takes to fix it and distribute it) .
    And you have to pray that the hackers will only do one hack per month;-)

That is a big compromise for BB10 users who have no such problems.

Of course it means nothing to Android and Iphone users who have neither privacy nor security...

Then there are a number of other features from BB10 that some users will not give up in exchange for pre-installed Google Playstore (remember that most people on BB10 already have working sideloaded Google playstore)

1) no native, secure file manager (so you have to give access to all your files to some third party app)
    2) no true multitasking
    3) no Blend
    4) no BBM video

Hopefully, BlackBerry will provide 1), 3) and 4) in future updates.
    There is no hope for 2).
    Media Warrior likes this.
    11-07-15 06:06 AM
    I love the Priv. I picked it up first thing yesterday when it launched, so I've had about 24 hours to play around with it. I've had all of the BlackBerry 10 phones at one time or another. The Priv is such an amazing phone. I love the way that BlackBerry has incorporated all of bits we love from BlackBerry 10 into Android.

I'm shocked to hear people comment negatively on the build quality. It is exceptional, so far as i can see after 24 hours. I love the camera, the speakers, the sliding keyboard. The only thing I've noticed is that android takes a bit of getting used to. It's a welcome change.

I love the phone. Bottom line!

A smart man who knows adapting is important. All those complainers are mostly BB purist who are having a tough time with Android. Lets be honest, this is an Android phone with just a small skin of BB to keep its brand. You will learn how to use your emails better once you get used to the android environment, just like you had to go through a learning curve with your first BB phone moving from a Nokia 3310. Stop comparing it to the Z30, you should be smarter than that. Move on, just like the rest of us to 2015.

I carry both the most recent iOS and Android devices, and they are equally fast/versatile/effective in getting the job done on the move.
    Last edited by munakib; 11-07-15 at 06:21 AM.
    11-07-15 06:10 AM
    Overall I like it but it has some major issues.

- Not being able to attach a document in the hub from the SD Card is an inexcusable miss by Blackberry.

- The speaker is a big let down. Having a tiny mono speaker not the left side of the phone with this big speaker grill was a big fake out by Blackberry.

- The phone gets hot with just simple things like browsing the web for a few minutes.

- Mine has spotty WiFi connections. I have a Z30, a Passport and an iPhone 6S Plus and none of them have issues with WiFi but this phone does.

- The camera is decent but the photo processing time really needs to be improved.

- No built in native file manager and the need to download one are a disappointment

- The pkb is way too cramped for me and difficult to type on. I may get used to it but its been a struggle so far.

- I think battery life is going to be a struggle with this phone, but such is the nature of Android

- Chrome as the built in browser sucks. Trying to find a good replacement but BB should have baked in their BB10 browser.

Those are a few of the gripes I have with it. I think the build quality is nice but the software imo is really glitchy right now. Little things like taking a screen shot that should occur immediately take a few seconds to occur.
    Seems that it's better for you to let priv go, you dont enjoy it at all.
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-07-15 06:11 AM
    Seems that it's better for you to let priv go, you dont enjoy it at all.
    He was spot on with all the Privs issues.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-07-15 06:14 AM
    BlackBerry priv is trending on Twitter right now. Great way to see obscure reviews and see common users reactions.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:05 AM
    Good to see a positive post and also am excited that all of the Priv's around my area were sold out on AT&T Stores, according to the Reps the people whou bought them were long time BlackBerry users that stpped when th Q10 came out and are now changing their iphones for the Priv!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:06 AM
    A smart man who knows adapting is important. All those complainers are mostly BB purist who are having a tough time with Android. Lets be honest, this is an Android phone with just a small skin of BB to keep its brand. You will learn how to use your emails better once you get used to the android environment, just like you had to go through a learning curve with your first BB phone moving from a Nokia 3310. Stop comparing it to the Z30, you should be smarter than that. Move on, just like the rest of us to 2015.

I carry both the most recent iOS and Android devices, and they are equally fast/versatile/effective in getting the job done on the move.
    If folks spend $700.00 plus for a product that is not functioning as advertised...they have a right to voice their opinion. I skipped the Priv after handling one and decided it was not worth it to me. It is subjective. If you have one enjoy...in this fast moving phone environment new phones will appear in Q1. and we will have more choices then. You say Move on, like the rest of us to 2015." Blackberry has not fully moved on with the Priv...It is mixed mash of old and new. Old: Using the 2013 Z30 weave glass back material for aesthetics and physical keyboard concept from 10 years ago. That will appeal to a niche market. Newer: Blackberry not being innovated by using a Samsung produced curve screen which has less PPI pixel rating than the S6 Edge. I am sure a lot of this has to do with resources and Chen is utilizing existing resources and partnering with Samsung to get The Priv out. I believe Microsoft is Innovating with there Surface products. MS new phones 950 XL/950 has some nice new features that are innovated. I appreciate all the feed back from new owners
    11-07-15 08:27 AM
    I'm liking my Priv more and more as I get use to using it. I think most people are unfamiliar with the OS and the form factor, that's why there are some mixed reviews. I've used lots of Androids and this is amongst one of favorites. Best Android? So far, for me. Better than my BB10 Passport? I'm not feeling it quite yet, but I'll give it time as it took me awhile with the Passport too, to reply appreciate it.

11-07-15 08:35 AM
    I have had mine for 24 hours now, there is a learning curve if you have 0 experience with Android. There is no way around that.

That being said, I love it!

It has the HUB, some are complaining about it, if you do a transfer from BB10 give it a few hours...it says that it will take some time to sync and finalize....chill folks. I promise when it is done it works GREAT!

Settings are in a different place, spend some time learning the OS and the new environment before you break out the torches and pitchforks.

Apps...I am not evening going here, no comparison at all. Priv wins.

Then the Keyboards...both are flawless and what you would expect l. I use the VKB the majority of the time as it is great for quick responses. The PKB is great as well, some are complaining about the size...look at this beautiful design, it is not going to be as large as the Classic or Passport...it is on par with the Q for size, and I loved that phone! Still have it somewhere...

Stop worrying about what other people think, go get the phone or test it out. You can send it back if you don't like it, but I doubt that happens if you spend a few days with it as your ONLy device.

Just please give it more than 5 minutes folks...learn it and love it as I do!

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    wincyUt, DolemiteDONS and chm985 like this.
    11-07-15 08:35 AM

The only failure in bb10 was apps. I'm only saying this because the os is hands down the best out there right now.

Posted via CB10
    Adi Marwan and SK122387 like this.
    11-07-15 08:55 AM
    I remember threads like this popping up with the Passport, to the point where someone posted a legacy thread titled something like "Who has no issues with their Passport" and "Who really enjoys their Passport.". I'm sure the phone has first production run issues and that people have some valid complaints. Other BlackBerry phones have had similar issues (PP screen lift, double type, keyboard issues) but this isn't singular to BlackBerry or even cell phones.

I never early adopt, whether it's a car, a TV, a cell phone, etc. The first few runs of a product will have issues. Those issues get diagnosed and fixed for future production runs, this goes for apps too.

I think most people will be very pleased with this phone and that it will develop well as it ages. I'll look at buying it in a few months once a lot of these issues have been resolved. That's my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:58 AM
    He was spot on with all the Privs issues.
    Yes he is. I thought the Passport was the most perfect phone but just lacked apps that I need. Now on the Priv, I am missing many native BB apps as stated. I will give the Priv a full try to see if it can meet all of my needs. If not, back to the Passport. I am just happy we have options. Even if the Priv is not for me, hopefully it is for millions of others so that BB has the funds to refine it into a complete experience that can satisfy all of us.
    11-07-15 09:18 AM
    LOVE IT! After 15 years with BlackBerry and one of first with Z10.
    No going back.
    Just need to stop this vibrate on vkb.

posted from my Priv!
    rjkolo likes this.
    11-07-15 09:19 AM
    I've bought thousands of dollars of phones. And many people here have the same experience of trying to find the perfect device only to find out it's never going to be built.
    I like my Priv, for what it is. A very reasonable compromise of Blackberry hardware and software with Android. A very solid first attempt. I hope they sell many of them!

Look back in the forums for when the Passport Dallas was in production and people were moaning about how 'its the same phone with silver on it'. And then when the SE dropped and it was miles better then the OG? I'm hoping the Priv2, or whatever it's going to be called (if they make it), will fix these problems that people are experiencing today.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-07-15 09:35 AM
    Good to see a positive post and also am excited that all of the Priv's around my area were sold out on AT&T Stores, according to the Reps the people whou bought them were long time BlackBerry users that stpped when th Q10 came out and are now changing their iphones for the Priv!

Posted via CB10
    GREAT News!
    Quorist likes this.
    11-07-15 10:58 PM
66 123