08-31-15 07:32 AM
133 ... 456
tools
    I wouldn't mind if it's only Android as long as I have BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry keyboard, peak, the gestures, instant reply, all the good stuff.

I mean, all the BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 things with full access to all Play store? I'm in

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 12:26 PM
    I don't think it would come with an option when you first fire the phone. Most consumer don't even know what is OS 10 or Android. When I said most consumer, I am not talking about those people who read crackberry etc, I am talking about Kim Kardashian etc. You might be able to change the os later on is a possibilities though.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm. Kim uses BlackBerry. Its well documented & see YouTube to get it straight from the horses mouth.
    08-29-15 08:06 PM
    It's always amusing to me that people pass around all these rumors and speculation from various sources but simply never take the time to read what's right in front of them. It's like people just look at the words these days without actually reading and comprehending them.
    So... you're telling us that there's a good chance that there's a BB10 version of the Slider?

"What was all that one-in-a-million talk?!"
    So is it really dual OS?-bdkmql4cmaimogk.jpg
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    08-29-15 11:06 PM
    https://vid.me/6wKm

Posted via CB10
    This is harder to fake, via bes is possible to also change the icon of the work space?
    The other way to fake this is making a fake launcher with fake quick settings bar. Possible but requires a lot of effort to do it

Posted via Z10
    08-30-15 02:02 AM
    CrackBerry stages of Android transition:

"Of course it will run BB10. It's a BlackBerry"
    "Maybe it's BB10/QNX with a hypervisor emulating Android"
    "It looks like it could be Android with a BB10 skin"
    "It will dual boot"
    "You will have a choice of which OS to install when you buy it"
    "There will be two separate versions available, an Android one and BB10 one"
    "It's BB10 but you can push a button to go to Andriod mode"
    "It will be released as Android out of the box but clients will be able to install officially supported BB10'
    "OK, The slider runs Android I heard someone is working on a root kit that will install BB10"
    " I heard LG are planning to release a bb10 TV"

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    08-30-15 08:52 AM
    This is harder to fake, via bes is possible to also change the icon of the work space?
    The other way to fake this is making a fake launcher with fake quick settings bar. Possible but requires a lot of effort to do it

Posted via Z10
    Yeah I was thinking that as well. Would involve making an app that shows simulated app screens (swiping left and right) including animating the bottom dot indicators (hub, home, 1, 2). Not sure how easy that is to do but... I sure hope no one wasted their time doing it just to confuse people.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:05 AM
    The above scenario is the one that I have speculated on in other threads and to me, anyway, makes the most sense. Forget all that Hyperviser and dual boot nonsense. This is an elegant and simple solution if Blackberry is to retain BB10 (for a time anyway) and go after consumer installs with Android. This method would satisfy the most people IMHO. Let's hope this is the ONE!!!
    As a consumer, I like the idea of the hypervisor running faster than any VM you've ever seen. I get some extra BlackBerry value, but it doesn't mean a heavy skin over Android, which is always a disaster. I can already get a better Android phone for half as much with the Moto X Style Pure or the OnePlus 2. Sure, the BlackBerry has a physical keyboard, but I really think the advantage to the keyboard is in things like instant actions, search, and keyboard shortcuts, all of which are further away in a slider config than on a QWERTY device. Might as well use all touch instead of a slider these days.

Anyway, I highly recommend people who want a good Android device to buy the Moto X Style Pure. Android is just way more performant when it is close to stock. If the Slider comes with BB10 and Android in a hypervisor and BB10 has received the upgrade it deserves with distributed computing and Blendy apps and such, well, buy the BlackBerry; it's finally becoming what Mike and Thor had hoped for and if negotiations pan out it'll be able to run Google Play Services Android apps in VM unity mode for dominance of the present generation (I mean iOS is the premium winner for this generation, but it'll be part of the runner-up and dominent low-end experience) and supercharged BB apps for the nextgen experience. All good.

But, if you don't care about whether the device runs BlackBerry's platform and you just want it to say BlackBerry on it, then bless you for your brand loyalty or your eagerness for attention, but buy a better Android device for less. BlackBerry probably died when Mike + Thor left the building.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 11:19 PM
    if so we'll have a space problem and it will be laggy like a parallel os on MacBook one os X and the other windows 8 it will be like this

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 07:32 AM
133 ... 456