Dammit Bla1ze. You and your damn NDA's lol.
    Well, maybe instead of trying to decode the silence from BlackBerry, we should be decoding the non-silence of Bla1ze...

Exhibit A:

Well, it's looking as though as part of BlackBerry possibly bringing an Android device to market, they've baked the BlackBerry Productivity Suite right into their Android ROM to help differentiate it from other Android devices out there
    Source: [URL="http://crackberry.com/latest-blackberry-venice-slider-leaks-shows-blackberry-productivity-suite[/URL]

This implies a custom ROM, not a stock Android ROM with custom overlay launcher, etc. So if the Venice is running a custom Android ROM with BB10 features, there wouldn't be much point in having a dual boot option for just BB10.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 08-28-15 at 12:16 PM.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    08-28-15 11:36 AM
    from Dhabkirk's BBM channel: "On first switch on you will get a phone with no OS. And a choice which to download and install straight from blackberry servers. Once installed you cannot switch between the OS’s. However a full reset will wipe the phone back to the choice of OS stage"
    So, as soon as they turn on the phone for the first time, new users will be faced with a choice that most users will not know how to make. Think of your co-workers turning on the new BlackBerry slider you told them to get. Are they going to choose the right OS? What is the right OS for them? What are they going to say when you tell them they chose wrong and now have to wipe the phone the spent all day setting up?

If BlackBerry can't commit to a platform for their niche mobile handsets, punting the decision to the user isn't the answer.
    08-28-15 12:24 PM
    So, as soon as they turn on the phone for the first time, new users will be faced with a choice that most users will not know how to make. Think of your co-workers turning on the new BlackBerry slider you told them to get. Are they going to choose the right OS? What is the right OS for them? What are they going to say when you tell them they chose wrong and now have to wipe the phone the spent all day setting up?

If BlackBerry can't commit to a platform for their niche mobile handsets, punting the decision to the user isn't the answer.
    Lol... seriously, plus, unless the OS can download in seconds and the bill for the data download be sponsored by BlackBerry,.. this would be a horrendous 'first impression'.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 12:37 PM
    This is looking incredibly fake. But in a world where it isn't fake, this would be awesome.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Dave Liao likes this.
    08-28-15 12:45 PM
    I'm sure most will come with an os already installed. The carrier models will most likely all be android from the start. It will probably just be when you do a system reset that you are given the option to switch or by ordering direct.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 12:45 PM
    I don't think it would come with an option when you first fire the phone. Most consumer don't even know what is OS 10 or Android. When I said most consumer, I am not talking about those people who read crackberry etc, I am talking about Kim Kardashian etc. You might be able to change the os later on is a possibilities though.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:27 PM
    First of all, I don't "THINK", I KNOW it's fake. throw that image in photoshop and take it for a spin, within less than 2 minutes you'll know why it's fake. C'mon now, I could do a way better fake than that, so well designed it would make you do a double take. I don't have to explain why it's fake, just know that it is. Besides, why would BB focus on a dual boot option when out of 32GB you'd be left with 15-20GB, if not less. It could cause issues between the two, and if I'm not mistaken if you download an app(lets say WhatsApp, you'd have to download it twice), no?
    There are a myriad number of reasons why people think it's fake, but you've claimed its obvious to detect this fakery in Photoshop. I contend that it's not so obvious in this case, and in fact, I'd like to see your detailed analysis with screen shots. I don't think it's as easy as you say. One reason is that it's a blurry photo taken of a screen. So the image manipulation fingerprints are going to be difficult to impossible to see, especially on a low res copy. It probably is fake (for other reasons), but if it can be actually proven fake then let us see it and let's put this to rest.
    anon(3983727) likes this.
    08-28-15 01:43 PM
    Well, maybe instead of trying to decode the silence from BlackBerry, we should be decoding the non-silence of Bla1ze...
    It's always amusing to me that people pass around all these rumors and speculation from various sources but simply never take the time to read what's right in front of them. It's like people just look at the words these days without actually reading and comprehending them.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    08-28-15 02:00 PM
    It's always amusing to me that people pass around all these rumors and speculation from various sources but simply never take the time to read what's right in front of them. It's like people just look at the words these days without actually reading and comprehending them.
    People love the PROSPECT of a mystery and ignore the boring reality. Including myself
    08-28-15 02:19 PM

Exhibit A:

Source: [URL="http://crackberry.com/latest-blackberry-venice-slider-leaks-shows-blackberry-productivity-suite[/URL]

This implies a custom ROM, not a stock Android ROM with custom overlay launcher, etc. So if the Venice is running a custom Android ROM with BB10 features, there wouldn't be much point in having a dual boot option for just BB10.
    It was a joke, I've been reading what he's saying in various threads. Agreed though the implications are in abundance, hell the phone has been practically revealed on the hardware front.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:35 PM
    This sux. Quit playing with my emotions.

My really kickazz Z30
    08-28-15 03:59 PM
    You guys are all wrong, I have a state of the art desktop computer running a secret version of blackberry's top of the line operating system that's suppose to rival Windows 10. Chen personally called me and sais "ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN MO'FO CHOO CHOO!! I need you to photoshop me some photos to get everyone hyped up about blackberry!" and I said "okay chen, I will fake this passport picture, but only because you're my homie." true story.

Sent from top of the line super secret blackberry desktop computer using Tapatalk
    08-28-15 11:52 PM
    Well said Editor in Chief.

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    08-29-15 02:23 AM
    https://vid.me/6wKm

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 02:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    You were faster than Usman by 3 minutes.
    Lol
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1035996

smart548 likes this.
    08-29-15 02:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Be more interesting if they, you know, switched to Android lol.
    smart548 and AnimalPak200 like this.
    08-29-15 04:29 AM
    You were faster than Usman by 3 minutes.
    Lol
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1035996

Did I win something?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 04:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Go ahead brah. Switch to Android. Press that button. *press it*

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-29-15 04:36 AM
    I originally suggested this in one of my threads a while back and got laughed at, criticised and shot down. Funny if I was right all along

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-29-15 05:18 AM
    Did I win something?

Posted via CB10
    My infinite appreciation.;-)

smart548 likes this.
    08-29-15 08:46 AM
    My infinite appreciation.;-)

Nahhh.. I win
    08-29-15 09:03 AM
    Nahhh.. I win
    You always do man ;-) Let something down for us,loosers, that time!

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    08-29-15 10:31 AM
    Nahhh.. I win
    You know that if you lived in Greece we would be friends don't you?

08-29-15 10:42 AM
    CrackBerry stages of Android transition:

"Of course it will run BB10. It's a BlackBerry"
    "Maybe it's BB10/QNX with a hypervisor emulating Android"
    "It looks like it could be Android with a BB10 skin"
    "It will dual boot"
    "You will have a choice of which OS to install when you buy it"
    "There will be two separate versions available, an Android one and BB10 one"
    "It's BB10 but you can push a button to go to Andriod mode"
    "It will be released as Android out of the box but clients will be able to install officially supported BB10'
    "OK, The slider runs Android I heard someone is working on a root kit that will install BB10"
    Uzi, ubizmo, 7onZ and 2 others like this.
    08-29-15 10:58 AM
    You know that if you lived in Greece we would be friends don't you?

Sure!
    akavbb likes this.
    08-29-15 10:59 AM
133 ... 3456