Can someone enlighten me here? What exactly am I looking at? In the Passport screen of course.
    A bad Photoshop job?
    08-27-15 04:02 PM
    I'm a graphic designer and if this has been photoshopped then it is a very good job. You can certainly photoshop just about anything to make it look perfect but why spend that much time on a blurry pic.

Posted via CB10
    RubenDM and MO3iusONE like this.
    08-27-15 04:15 PM
    A bad Photoshop job?
    Not according to @Xmeatizmurderx ;-)
    I don't know what to think..As already said, I too believe that's a (great) fake..BUT..if it is not, how will that work?
    Switching between OSes (turning off BB10 and turning on the Android interface) seems to be a long process: not productive at all :-)
    If, instead, pressing that button will launch an Android loader which will load all my accounts into an Android workspace, well..well..well..

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 05:01 PM
    You all saw this photo above and here is an explain from RapidMobile:

"As*a BES administrator you can name the work/personal side of your device using*BES policy. What this means is that you*can literally call it what you*like and it will show that in the menu. You *could call it �Switch to iOS, Switch to Tizen, Switch to Windows Phone� or anything that you*want."
    http://bit.ly/1KRaeXG
    So...

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-27-15 05:05 PM
    So...

That still doesn't explain the android icon, unless you can change that too?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 05:10 PM
    Yup, that was my thought too - it's just like the switch to the work space. It would be cool if that's how it's done, although once in Android, how could you switch back as I'm assuming the swipe down from the top would be used for the notifications in Android. Maybe two-finger swipe down...

I'm hoping this is legit.
    At least with the moto g after you swipe down there's a button that you can click that brings a menu similar to how bb10 has their swipe down menu look
    08-27-15 05:53 PM
    So...

That still doesn't explain the android icon, unless you can change that too?

Posted via CB10
    Dude.. none of this crap is hard to fake. I didn't even try with this one and you can see the icon is simple to change.

moegh and Pcmx like this.
    08-27-15 05:54 PM
    Dude.. none of this crap is hard to fake. I didn't even try with this one and you can see the icon is simple to change.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...d=368614&stc=1
    Sounds like you just can't get enough of the hypervisor talk then

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:08 PM
    Sounds like you just can't get enough of the hypervisor talk then

Posted via CB10

08-27-15 06:09 PM
    1. Get a screenshot of the Work Space switch in action.
    2. Photoshop.
    3. Load the image in your Passport.
    4. Take a photo.

It's that simple. And it's not hard to do.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    ^ This... I've been using Photoshop(and other similar programs) for well close to 15 years. Professionally for close to 8 or so. I can tell you this is fake. C'mon... common sense people.
    08-27-15 06:10 PM
    Lol ppl want it to be real so bad they will believe anything. Even if the logo was written on stone, ppl would find a way to justify it

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:43 PM
    08-27-15 06:52 PM
    Now all is clear...

So it wasn't a photoshopped fake but just a fake...

08-27-15 07:14 PM
    Guys I'm a part time graphic designer. I can totally confirm that this is REAL!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 07:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    REAL FAKE!

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-27-15 07:38 PM
    Attachment 368536

Posted via CB10
    I heard from /r/BlackBerry that you can edit the text. I highly doubt it's a dual-boot.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-27-15 08:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    And I used to do graphic design for a living, and I say it's as fake as your graphic design abilities... just sayin' bruh.
    08-27-15 09:27 PM
    The photo isn't an obvious fake, and is assumed as such by many just because it seems unlikely this setup is the case just due to the other evidence to the contrary. It looks like an unmodified photo, but what's displayed on screen could be merely a screenshot that was modified and displayed on the phone. It's the same way people didn't believe the Android stuff until more images came out and finally the video was the clincher. So I don't think we can definitely state if this is fake or real at this point. Even if it is real, it might be some kind of test and they've went in another direction.
    08-27-15 10:03 PM
    Dual OS? = buy
    BlackBerry 10? = buy
    Android? = buy only if it has all the things I like and want from BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    muindor likes this.
    08-27-15 10:16 PM
    Like really.. what is the point to the entire thread... there is none... Due to the fact BB has been quiet lately... summer is zipping along... must be some really bored people.. bottom line.. until BB actually announces something and demonstrates a product.... what is the point to all of this?????
    sirius27 likes this.
    08-27-15 10:40 PM
    Switch to Android . . . it appears that such topic was seriously discussed in the summer of 2012.

Project BBX - Turnaround Plan for Blackberry (Summer 2012)
    So is it really dual OS?-project-bbx-turnaround-plan-blackberry-summer-2012-31-638.jpg

Message unread: Silicon Valley's secret, failed bid to save BlackBerry | The Verge
    Uzi and 7onZ like this.
    08-27-15 11:01 PM
    Like really.. what is the point to the entire thread... there is none... Due to the fact BB has been quiet lately... summer is zipping along... must be some really bored people.. bottom line.. until BB actually announces something and demonstrates a product.... what is the point to all of this?????
    What do you propose everyone should spend their time doing? The forum is a big place with many topics to choose from. If you don't like this one, why come here?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 11:01 PM
    This would greatly please a bunch of tinkerers on CrackBerry but would be a nightmare from the average user's standpoint. There's nothing more unfriendly than making a user launch a different OS to do something. It's also a security nightmare. You receive some kind of content using an app on one OS and you want to manipulate it on the other OS. How do you get it from one OS to another? Put it into a shared folder? That sounds secure. Upload it to Dropbox and download it on the other OS? Email it to yourself on the same device? Which email app did you compose the original email on. Which addressbook is the recipient on? What's the point of the Hub when you are also getting some messages on the Android side? Dual Hubs?

The key to efficient power management on a mobile device is to enable the OS to power down parts of the device that are not in use yet wake up immediately when necessary and still get push notifications. Now you are going to have not one but two OS's running in the background. You can't completely shut down either OS unless you want to cripple notifications from apps on that side.

This is such a terrible idea that I think it can be safely ruled out.
    08-27-15 11:54 PM
    This would greatly please a bunch of tinkerers on CrackBerry but would be a nightmare from the average user's standpoint. There's nothing more unfriendly than making a user launch a different OS to do something. It's also a security nightmare. You receive some kind of content using an app on one OS and you want to manipulate it on the other OS. How do you get it from one OS to another? Put it into a shared folder? That sounds secure. Upload it to Dropbox and download it on the other OS? Email it to yourself on the same device? Which email app did you compose the original email on. Which addressbook is the recipient on? What's the point of the Hub when you are also getting some messages on the Android side? Dual Hubs?

The key to efficient power management on a mobile device is to enable the OS to power down parts of the device that are not in use yet wake up immediately when necessary and still get push notifications. Now you are going to have not one but two OS's running in the background. You can't completely shut down either OS unless you want to cripple notifications from apps on that side.

This is such a terrible idea that I think it can be safely ruled out.
    I mostly agree.

I would love it, but from a practicality point of view, it's not the best idea.
    08-28-15 12:05 AM
    ^ This... I've been using Photoshop(and other similar programs) for well close to 15 years. Professionally for close to 8 or so. I can tell you this is fake. C'mon... common sense people.
    Really? Oh then, it must be fake! If the "pro" tells us so, then he must be right.

Tell us why you THINK it's fake by facts not by telling us your a professional (or think you are).

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:33 AM
133 12345 ...