Just ordered a skinomi so will let you know when it arrives - don't hold your breath as 25 Nov - 25 Dec!!!!

I'm not too fussed as at least it has GG4.
    11-16-15 04:22 AM
    I've bought two types of screen protectors so far and none of them fit the screen properly! They don't fit over the curved edge so you just get a stupid flap either side. What the hell , even BlackBerry doesn't even supply one for there new phone.

Not impressed...

Anyone actually have a screen protector that fits?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Here in Canada not sure about USA but best buy geek squad and best buy mobile has a clearplex service where they install it for you and has a lifetime guarantee. I got mine put on the day I got my priv and it's pretty flush and absolutely thin and clear it's undetectable to the naked eye. Runs about 30$ and takes about 15 min to put on.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-16-15 07:12 AM
    Here in Canada not sure about USA but best buy geek squad and best buy mobile has a clearplex service where they install it for you and has a lifetime guarantee. I got mine put on the day I got my priv and it's pretty flush and absolutely thin and clear it's undetectable to the naked eye. Runs about 30$ and takes about 15 min to put on.

Went to several Best Buys in Chicago. None ever heard of it. Stinks!

Posted w/ Priv
    anon(870071) likes this.
    11-16-15 09:21 AM
    Went to several Best Buys in Chicago. None ever heard of it. Stinks!

Posted w/ Priv
    Same. I called in the US and the rep said it was worth a shot to ask since I told them they do it in Canada, but was told they'd be happy to apply one if you buy it from their electronics department. Told her that's going to be unlikely for this device lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 09:22 AM
    So I'm literally just walking out of BestBuy where the Geek squad guy told me not to get the clear plex because it starts to peel away from the curves after a week (going based non their Samsung Edge installs). Anyone using the Clear plex having issues yet? I'm wondering if I should still get it out on as it does come with lifetime warranty.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:47 AM
    So I'm literally just walking out of BestBuy where the Geek squad guy told me not to get the clear plex because it starts to peel away from the curves after a week (going based non their Samsung Edge installs). Anyone using the Clear plex having issues yet? I'm wondering if I should still get it out on as it does come with lifetime warranty.

Posted via CB10
    Just got mine installed this past Friday. Day 4 and still not peeling off the sides. Either way, it's free lifetime replacement, so what do you have to lose? I think the Samsung is more curved than the Priv.
    mdarr likes this.
    11-16-15 11:55 AM
    This is the reply I received from Ghost Armor today:

"Hi , we expect to have Ghost Armor designed for the Blackberry Priv by the end of this week.* It you want to send an email to customer service at [email protected], they can add you to a list to notify you when it is ready for purchase, or they may be able to do a pre-order for you.* Thanks for contacting Ghost Armor."

cdavisunlimited likes this.
    11-16-15 02:18 PM
    Does gorilla glass not scratch or chip then?

11-16-15 02:24 PM
    Is gorilla glass not supposed to scratch or chip then?

11-16-15 02:38 PM
    I understand that the screen is composed of an improved Gorilla Glass and you really don't need the protection of a screen protector
    11-16-15 09:05 PM
    Agreed. Got one the other day. Can't tell it's there and covers edge to edge. Plus lifetime free replacement guarantee.
    Does it feel as smooth as glass and does it smudge a lot like regular screen protectors? Thanks
    11-16-15 09:17 PM
    I understand that the screen is composed of an improved Gorilla Glass and you really don't need the protection of a screen protector
    That discussion raises with every new smartphone and there is no "true" answer whether you should or should not use a screenprotector.
    Gorilla Glass isn't completely scratch proof, in fact it can be pretty easily scratched by some (harder) materials like a simple sandgrain. Personally most of my Gorilla Glass phones got a scratch here or there, even though I am usually pretty careful when handling my devices. Other people vice versa say they are careless and never got a single scratch in their screens.

Whether you need or want it depends on you. If you really want a peace of mind, getting a screen protector helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 10:26 PM
    Here's another Screen Protector that DOES NOT fit the Priv. Won't conform or stick to the curves of the panel at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016HOT792?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o01_s00
    Mikey_NNG likes this.
    11-17-15 02:55 PM
    I'm also in the UK and I've bought four protectors that all have not fit from Amazon and also Ebay.

I've just come to the conclusion that nobody knows what the phone looks like. Quite disappointed as there seems to be no options for something that's sooooo simple to create.

Just so people are aware, I bought the Skinomi TechSkin from amazon which was too big, Vikuti MyPrivateDisplay from Amazon which wasn't even close, Genuine tempered glass protector that seemed to be backed by eBay.. Too big and 6x Savvies protector from Ebay that ended up being for an iPhone.

Anybody that has had success and is able to provide to provide us with a link to purchase.... us non-Canadians would be grateful.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    Er1nyes likes this.
    11-18-15 06:08 PM
    Here's another Screen Protector that DOES NOT fit the Priv. Won't conform or stick to the curves of the panel at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016HOT792?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o01_s00
    Thanks for this, because I was considering trying that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    11-18-15 06:10 PM
    Just received my Skinomi screen protector from Amazon today (fulfilled by Amazon). It seems to be the correct size and the camera hole is in the right place. I know for a short period before I ordered they were not shipping any stock (expected to ship Nov 17) - perhaps they have restocked with the correct size now.
    11-19-15 02:38 AM
    Right now is the first time I have taken the PRIV out of the house aside from when I had the screen protector installed. I'm a little nervous.

Get over yourself. Nobody cares if you leave your house. ( /sarcasm )

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-19-15 03:46 AM
    I thought screen protector is not need for a gorzilla 4 glass...
    11-19-15 07:01 AM
    Skinomi screen protector dry or wet application?
    First time actually using the Skimomi protector since every other option was terrible and left bubbles.

It is wet application, but amazing. Crystal clear and covers the curves. Wet application really simple. Already ordered a few more to be on standby.

Best option in the US by far.

11-19-15 07:28 AM
    It has gorilla glass 4...does it even need one?
    I'm wondering the same thing... with the durability and scratch resistance of screens these days, almost don't need one.
    11-19-15 07:39 AM
    Anyone know anti finger print screen protector for priv?
    11-19-15 07:45 AM
    Although I wanted to attach a photo of the pkg and cb keeps crashing... I ordered and has shipped free from AT+T the BODYGUARDZ EDGE TO EDGE screen protector (cheated and had AT+T tech/rep apply it... :-) ) it fits perfectly and impedes nothing. When applied was told to wait 24 hours for any bubbles to fade. It's totally smooth and I highly recommend it!

11-19-15 07:57 AM
    Skinomi from amazon for me,just got it yesterday and fits like a glove. Have to take your time on the curved ends to make sure it adheres correctly. All cut outs line up perfectly.

Can you link it? I just got one from Skinomi but It covers the camera.. It's also wet application which I'm not sure I dig.

11-19-15 08:17 AM
    Although I wanted to attach a photo of the pkg and cb keeps crashing... I ordered and has shipped free from AT+T the BODYGUARDZ EDGE TO EDGE screen protector (cheated and had AT+T tech/rep apply it... :-) ) it fits perfectly and impedes nothing. When applied was told to wait 24 hours for any bubbles to fade. It's totally smooth and I highly recommend it!

+1...I also had my AT&T rep apply my BodyGuardz screen protector and it fits perfectly. I would recommend this screen protector without any hesitation.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-19-15 08:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Balderdash I say!!!!....I've had mine installed the day of launch and no peeling whatsoever. It has to be applied correctly and that only happens if not installed right. I've had clear plex installed on all my BlackBerry devices and never had an issue with peeling.

11-19-15 09:33 AM
66 123