In general Google Android users seem to be self-entitled, narcissistic thieves. BlackBerry users used to be highly ethical and principled though I fear we are witnessing the decline in this status since the introduction of BlackBerry Player for Android when BlackBerry OS 10 was released.
    LMAO!!!

Ethical??? There are millions of bankers, lawyers, government officials, drug dealers etc... Who have probably organised their shade deals on a BB, the riots in the UK some years ago were all organised in BBM.

Classing people's ethics by the phone and OS they use is plain and simply stupid, downright narrow minded and ignorant.
    11-08-15 10:28 AM
    Doesn't say much for "blackberry users" when they spit out generalisations like that one.

Least us android folk are friendly.

In fact, your welcome on my pirate ship any day.
    Har! I be obliged to fire upon your ship. Damn the parrot left a stain on my coat.
    11-08-15 10:29 AM
    I expect it will happen soon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Priv!
    You can't really lock down an app.... You can just make it more deeply reliant on the system framework it was designed for... But this can always be worked around, and if need be the entire framework could be ported.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 10:31 AM
    Har! I be obliged to fire upon your ship. Damn the parrot left a stain on my coat.
    Ah, you may hit my ship, but it's an open source ship and repairs are made that much easier due to excellent documentation and extensive development.

Also I just hacked your cannon balls to fit my cannons.

(is there a forum where everything is pirate related....cus I could kinda roll with this for a while I feel)
    00stryder, Mecca EL, Xaiux and 3 others like this.
    11-08-15 10:39 AM
    The facial hair adds to the credibility of your claim, but you seem too courteous to be a pirate...

Posted via CB10
    I'm an enigma like that. I'll pillage and plunder, but I'll be polite about it.
    11-08-15 10:42 AM
    Isn't this only available to users with rooted devices?

The majority of the Android users do not root...

Also, I see this as a real good thing for BlackBerry. It shows that the demand is there.

More reason for them to monetize it through Google Play Store for the rest of the non root general public.

Posted via CB10
    Your Android device does not have to be rooted to install non playstore APK's

Posted via Blackberry "Perv"
    11-08-15 10:45 AM

They may have been referring to the need to install some of the apps in the system partition to have them function properly (or at all), and this does in fact require root access.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 10:47 AM
    Just go on Google play to download an weather app is hard to do for average Joe smartphone user...so 99.9% will never use a work around to use these apps...just as 99% left BlackBerry as it was to hard to use cobalt's Google patch...

IPhone sell well Because it's easy, and People who Want BlackBerry Android Experience will buy � Priv...

Posted via CB10
    ajgftw and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 11:03 AM
    In general Google Android users seem to be self-entitled, narcissistic thieves.
    Way to attack half the people on these forums...

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    11-08-15 11:13 AM
    Piracy issue aside, answer this: do you REALLY want to install and use a software keyboard from unknown sources? Perfect entry point for a keylogger.
    11-08-15 11:20 AM
    Piracy issue aside, answer this: do you REALLY want to install and use a software keyboard from unknown sources? Perfect entry point for a keylogger.
    Guess that's why there's a button you have to press to allow third party apks on your device. There's a risk.

I mean if I ever have suspicions I just decompile the original apk and compare to the one I'm installing...but that's just me...

And there are people that use the internet without any anti-virus installed....

It's a crazy crazy world.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 11:26 AM
    I also can not find them in the play store.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That's because they only show if you own a Priv. It's a work around to get them. Sound familiar?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    11-08-15 11:35 AM

Oh ok. I thought I read that it needed root access on xda.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 11:50 AM
    Oh ok. I thought I read that it needed root access on xda.

Posted via CB10
    For hub is all I think.
    11-08-15 11:54 AM
    The Hub is not available. I'd pay money for it on my Android device.

BB10 is Dead
    Um the hub IS available.

Also you don't need root to run the keyboard or calendar.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 12:11 PM
    Wow that's actually the most devastating news I have ever heard. The phone has not been shipped out yet and people managed to steal the app files and install them. I was always told that it would be impossible to install them on non BlackBerry devices but I guess you can. Such a shame, maybe it's time to get the HTC phone the one looks like the iPhone and copy the apks on it and use it. LOL that would be nice

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 12:11 PM
    I am sure future releases will have like some kind of check emended in code
    11-08-15 12:21 PM
    Wow that's actually the most devastating news I have ever heard. The phone has not been shipped out yet and people managed to steal the app files and install them. I was always told that it would be impossible to install them on non BlackBerry devices but I guess you can. Such a shame, maybe it's time to get the HTC phone the one looks like the iPhone and copy the apks on it and use it. LOL that would be nice

Posted via CB10
    Yup.. that's how I felt when I posted this. The feeling "devastated " part anyways.

with the apks availabe to those that really want them pirated or sold as a "app suite" What does this do for any success for a Priv 2 or 3 in terms of sales?

If the Priv gets rooted or hacked.. that's it... there is nothing unique left for BlackBerry device success except a keyboard.
    That won't sell 5 million a year and I doubt bb10 will be an option with its dwindling support.

I've been on these boards for a long time and for the most part rather optimistic about the future of BlackBerry hardware but really feelin bummed out by this.

Hopefully they'll release the playbook priv android tablet before they close up the device shop.. my playbook is pretty much done.
    11-08-15 01:20 PM
    Installing BBM on Android and iOs assigns the user's phone a BlackBerry PIN.
    Maybe BlackBerry should be looking at distributing their software suite that way... where the VKB and Hub require a BlackBerry PIN to run.
    That way they can police if the device downloaded it officially.
    Just a suggestion..

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, gvs1341 and Q10Bold like this.
    11-08-15 01:26 PM
    Way to attack half the people on these forums...

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    I care not about the Google Android users and their feelings. As for the recent BlackBerry Android users who have been long-time BlackBerry users, including myself, we tend to be historically willing to pay for high-quality applications and overwhelmingly do not advocate theft.
    11-08-15 01:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    These are people who have a Priv and extracted the files. When you have physical access to a device, practically all defenses are moot.
    11-08-15 01:34 PM
    Wouldn't have expected a snarky comment coming from you... disappointed.
    Oh come on... a bit too much read into this. It's gonna take a while for most of us old times to get with the switch. Jaydee is an angel who looks out for BB users.

How does "real Android" translate to snark anyway?
    11-08-15 02:17 PM
    I care not about the Google Android users and their feelings. As for the recent BlackBerry Android users who have been long-time BlackBerry users, including myself, we tend to be historically willing to pay for high-quality applications and overwhelmingly do not advocate theft.
    See for me it's tricky, on one hand I'm an enthusiastic android user and tinkerer, it's all open source this and custom room that.

But on the other hand I'm studying mobile Web and application development and uni....so basically I'm going to be the developer whose apps people are going to pirate.

My feelings on the matter are if the app can be ported, and that wasn't what you wanted, you built it wrong.

If an app is popular enough that people want get their hands on your work and are happy to hack their way to that end....then that's time for the developers to reevaluate either their distribution strategy or their monetization strategy....
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 02:18 PM
    Some thoughts... I think people have to understand that expecting the BBRY Suite to be a major draw with regards to Priv adoption is fallacy.

It's tough to be that type of anchor app on Android or iOS.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 02:21 PM
    Some thoughts... I think people have to understand that expecting the BBRY Suite to be a major draw with regards to Priv adoption is fallacy.

It's tough to be that type of anchor app on Android or iOS.
    Although it's worth noting the way Samsung do things.

They theme and customise android to suit their own goals and create their own unique user experience complete with Samsung only apps, users then are more likely to buy another Samsung phone because they feel at home using it.

Obviously this is blackberry's first foray into the wilds android OS, but considering they have the development history of making their own apps and their own UI, I think that they could make the blackberry software a huge draw card.

Personally I'm excited to see how it all develops.
    11-08-15 02:29 PM
96 1234