As per the title... met up with a buddy who loves his gadgets and he pulled out an older HTC M7 or 8 and said... check this out... lovin the BlackBerry keyboard!

Looks like the apks are in fact NOT locked down as well as BlackBerry would have liked.

If they plan on making money on Priv special features and paid productivity suites... looks like they need to do something quick.. in fact looks like it's too late.

I guess the silver lining is based on short term use he did like the keyboard but was getting used to the flick word speed.
    11-08-15 09:28 AM
    i have the BB keyboard on my LG G4 as well....since yesterday morning. In fact, many of the BB apps are available on the real androids............
    11-08-15 09:32 AM
    i have the BB keyboard on my LG G4 as well....since yesterday morning. In fact, many of the BB apps are available on the real androids............
    Real androids? Are you saying the Priv isn't real!?!?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 09:36 AM
    Yeah there's a thread on XDA with some of the BlackBerry apps ported to Lollipop devices

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:39 AM
    The Hub is not available. I'd pay money for it on my Android device.

BB10 is Dead
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 09:45 AM
    So... based on this... if BlackBerry has nothing to offer except a physical keyboard for premium price... things are not lookin good for BlackBerry sales. So there goes the brilliant idea of goin android.

My passport seems so bitter sweet right now!
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-08-15 09:48 AM
    I can't find it where did you find it on Google play

11-08-15 09:50 AM
    Shut er down, boys. The ride is over...

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:51 AM
    Wouldn't have expected a snarky comment coming from you... disappointed.

Yah, hopefully BlackBerry locks these apks down soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:52 AM
    As a matter of fact, the hub works just fine

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:53 AM
    I also can not find them in the play store.

11-08-15 09:54 AM
    Wouldn't have expected a snarky comment coming from you... disappointed.

Yah, hopefully BlackBerry locks these apks down soon.

Posted via CB10
    I expect it will happen soon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Priv!
    11-08-15 09:56 AM
    Do not know what people expect... this is Android afterall.... land of the hacks... unless you embed features directly into the OS which I believe you cannot under the Google licensing agreements... expect to have your apkls ripped off... as the old song goes... "yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me" .... the Android national anthem....
    11-08-15 09:58 AM
    as the old song goes... "yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me" .... the Android national anthem....
    Outstanding!
    11-08-15 10:00 AM
    So... based on this... if BlackBerry has nothing to offer except a physical keyboard for premium price... things are not lookin good for BlackBerry sales. So there goes the brilliant idea of goin android.

My passport seems so bitter sweet right now!
    This might be a marketing ploy to expose more Google Android users to BlackBerry and over time enhanced features will only be available to BlackBerry Android users on a BlackBerry smartphone with others left with "the sampler pack."
    11-08-15 10:01 AM
    I figured someone from XDA would get the BlackBerry apps working, but in my honest opinion, many folks will try it out on their phones but there's a chunk of non savvy folks who will ride out with what's on their phones already. It's hard to know in our little world everyone isn't into rooting or modifying their phone other than what they can download from their app store.

Posted via my physical or virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry Priv, duh.
    11-08-15 10:02 AM
    Do not know what people expect... this is Android afterall.... land of the hacks... unless you embed features directly into the OS which I believe you cannot under the Google licensing agreements... expect to have your apkls ripped off... as the old song goes... "yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me" .... the Android national anthem....
    In general Google Android users seem to be self-entitled, narcissistic thieves. BlackBerry users used to be highly ethical and principled though I fear we are witnessing the decline in this status since the introduction of BlackBerry Player for Android when BlackBerry OS 10 was released.
    gvs1341, damien kupuku and tmf06 like this.
    11-08-15 10:04 AM
    I called this the exact same day while the apps were in the process of being published on the Google Play Store. Then I got slammed with a bunch of nonsense how the APKs will do hardware checks, etc. I confidently said that there is 0% chance of them being locked down and not ripped off. The proof is in the pudding.

I welcome all of our Android brothers and sisters to enjoy the fruits of BlackBerry labor. Perhaps this will prevent the company from going the way of the dodo since it will create a dependency to BlackBerry software on part of those that don't want the BlackBerry hardware.
    Q10Bold, Mecca EL and EchoesFX like this.
    11-08-15 10:04 AM
    I figured someone from XDA would get the BlackBerry apps working, but in my honest opinion, many folks will try it out on their phones but there's a chunk of non savvy folks who will ride out with what's on their phones already. It's hard to know in our little world everyone isn't into rooting or modifying their phone other than what they can download from their app store.

Posted via my physical or virtual keyboard on the BlackBerry Priv, duh.
    Exactly my thoughts as well...there's a lot people that purchased a smartphone because the sales staff told them it was the in thing but hardly use any of the features and I highly doubt there toying with apk's and rooting their phones.

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    11-08-15 10:09 AM
    I called this the exact same day while the apps were in the process of being published on the Google Play Store. Then I got slammed with a bunch of nonsense how the APKs will do hardware checks, etc. I confidently said that there is 0% chance of them being locked down and not ripped off. The proof is in the pudding.

I welcome all of our Android brothers and sisters to enjoy the fruits of BlackBerry labor. Perhaps this will prevent the company from going the way of the dodo since it will create a dependency to BlackBerry software on part of those that don't want the BlackBerry hardware.
    Could be a deliberate omission by BlackBerry engineers to get people to test the BlackBerry-on-Android waters, so to speak.

It's kinda like that CEO guy (who's not directly related to BlackBerry) "graciously" gifting four new Privs to the Kardashian clan just days before launch. BlackBerry purposely avoided their own launch event after the debacle with the first BB10 devices. Instead of paying another Alicia Keys, why not let others do the talking for you?

No, I think this is a sly ploy to pump the crack(berry) into the veins of traditional Android users, and making them think it's their own choice.

/tinfoil hat

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:14 AM
    The Hub is not available. I'd pay money for it on my Android device.

BB10 is Dead
    Apparently some people have the hub working

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:15 AM
    Isn't this only available to users with rooted devices?

The majority of the Android users do not root...

Also, I see this as a real good thing for BlackBerry. It shows that the demand is there.

More reason for them to monetize it through Google Play Store for the rest of the non root general public.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and Mecca EL like this.
    11-08-15 10:17 AM
    Isn't this only available to users with rooted devices?

The majority of the Android users do not root...

Also, I see this as a real good thing for BlackBerry. It shows that the demand is there.

More reason for them to monetize it through Google Play Store for the rest of the non root general public.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I was thinking. This is not really a concern because the majority of Android users will go to the Google play store for their apps. Let the tinkerers spread the word.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Aman Darred; 11-08-15 at 12:03 PM.
    Mecca EL and darkehawke like this.
    11-08-15 10:19 AM
    In general Google Android users seem to be self-entitled, narcissistic thieves. BlackBerry users used to be highly ethical and principled though I fear we are witnessing the decline in this status since the introduction of BlackBerry Player for Android when BlackBerry OS 10 was released.
    Doesn't say much for "blackberry users" when they spit out generalisations like that one.

Least us android folk are friendly.

In fact, your welcome on my pirate ship any day.
    00stryder, Pcmx, jakie55 and 4 others like this.
    11-08-15 10:25 AM
    Doesn't say much for "blackberry users" when they spit out generalisations like that one.

Least us android folk are friendly.

In fact, your welcome on my pirate ship any day.
    The facial hair adds to the credibility of your claim, but you seem too courteous to be a pirate...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and spike12 like this.
    11-08-15 10:28 AM
96 123 ...