Is this thread for real?

Any app you want... (IT RUNS ANDROID FOR GODS SAKE)
    10-10-15 04:28 AM
    FACEBOOK That works

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 06:15 AM
    Root and get Xposed. Then Greenify. Then Poweramp. Then ES File Explorer.
    10-11-15 01:08 AM
    Will download all the games that the kids want and can't currently play on our BB devices. I know my wife wants a fully functioning PC (President's Choice) app on her Priv too. Happy wife and kids, happy life.
    10-11-15 06:42 AM
    Now that you have access to GPS load it with many apps as you can, make it rain! And then come back at us after three months to tell us which apps you ditched and then come back again after six months to tell us the apps you are using the most are the ones that came with the phone.
    10-11-15 10:21 AM
    Clean Master.
    10-11-15 11:26 AM
    Any.Do or gTasks Pro
    Office and/or Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides

Pretty much anything you want or need or could find useful. That's the advantage of having access to such a wide selection of apps. Download what ever you want.
    10-11-15 02:03 PM
    Hello,

For anyone asking "it this for real' Um, yes.

I'm told by others and conventional wisdom that the (lack of a sufficient) BlackBerry Ecosystem is a show stopper. I personally don't have a list of apps that I feel like I'm missing, so I wanted to hear what Apps (not available on BB or Amazon store) people are using that might appeal to me, and that I simply wasn't aware of.

I appreciate the reply, but "whatever you want" is sort of missing the point, because of my lack of a list of needs. Well, beyond a very short one.

I realize others have different priorities and daily needs for things with their phone, but I'm trying to broaden my understanding and see if I'm simply missing (forgetting) something.

KAM
    10-13-15 08:54 AM
    FACEBOOK That works

Posted via CB10
    I happily do not use Facebook, but I realize that is a huge draw and NOT having a fully functioning app (so I hear) for that is ridiculous. If you can't manage that, then you're TRYING to fail.

KAM
    10-13-15 08:55 AM
    Well, that's sort of the point. I don't really have a list of urgent needs in regards to apps, but others have been very clear, that there are important apps.

As I stated above having a seamless mobile version of MS office is a strong desire, but beyond that it gets into media and entertainment territory pretty quick.

I'm just considering there might be things I have not considered that could be beneficial.

KAM
    Cool.

For me, traveling in a sales role, trade shows, etc. I would not have gotten a BBERRY. All the trade shows I do and visit have apps, that I can't get on BBERRY.

But- this phone is a texting, email machine. It's a tradeoff.

 Classic
    10-13-15 09:27 AM
    My company users have asked if the following would work on their BlackBerry devices and it's always been hit or miss, especially so with Google Play Services becoming more ubiquitous:

Uber
    Marriott has an app for Travel Planners
    Tripcase

B.
    KAM1138 likes this.
    10-13-15 09:34 AM
    Life360 if you need to track the location of family or friends (iOS and Android).
    KAM1138 likes this.
    10-13-15 09:55 AM
    Nova launcher(I love BlackBerry but will be loading Nova Prime on my Priv and changing icons immediately). Lots of good widgets and such(grumpy weather is a good one). You can customize your drawer, icon size, how many rows of icons, spacing, you can really customize android to your liking 100%. This is usually the first thing I install on a new phone before any other app.
    I thought you hated BB10? And, mrnumber sucks unless there has been a complete revamp recently.

Can you really customize Android 100% with Nova Prime? Can you remove the bottom row icons? Can you remove the triangle, circle, and square buttons?

Any Android apps that require Google Services to work will not work outside of Android: Gmail, Google Hangout, Google Voice, YouTube, just to name a few. Google Translate does not require Google Services to works (not yet), so you can install it on BB Classic with BB OS10. It works.
    False. Most only require the libraries and not the actual network connection.

Well, that's sort of the point. I don't really have a list of urgent needs in regards to apps, but others have been very clear, that there are important apps.

As I stated above having a seamless mobile version of MS office is a strong desire, but beyond that it gets into media and entertainment territory pretty quick.

I'm just considering there might be things I have not considered that could be beneficial.

KAM
    You know, there is a motif among entrepreneurs that goes something like: Build the _________ that they don't know they want yet.

I read an early review of the iWatch where the reviewer was baffled over its functionality and whether it was a useful device or not. Latter on in the piece she questioned why Apple has yet (at that time) to describe why anyone would actually want an iWatch let alone how they can use it (clue: they don't have to. If Apple builds it the faithful will buy it no questions asked). She concluded the piece by stating it is pointless to buy a device first and then figure out how it may be useful to you latter on. That if you do not have an immediate use for it save your money.

I think that is spot on and find it odd that you are looking for apps that you currently do not need let alone want. Granted you may come across an app or two that proves useful but if you don't know then you simply do not know.

Anyways, the only app that is available through Play and not BB World or even Amazon that I can immediately think of is the Geico app but it works well on my BB10.

Which brings me to a point: are you asking what apps are only available through Play or are you asking what apps will only work on a Google compatible handset? If it is the latter then MS Office is the only one that immediately comes to mind but if I recall it still requires a subscription to 365.

I have not tried all of the GApps (in case it is not obvious, I got Play on my BB10) but the ones I have tried did work although they threw a "you are not logged into Google account/services" notification roughly once every few minutes it seemed.
    10-13-15 10:13 AM
    Cool.

For me, traveling in a sales role, trade shows, etc. I would not have gotten a BBERRY. All the trade shows I do and visit have apps, that I can't get on BBERRY.

But- this phone is a texting, email machine. It's a tradeoff.

 Classic
    I was recently at a Trade show and they advertised their app. I have very little use for that, but I can see if I did that a lot, it might be handy.
    10-13-15 10:53 AM
    You know, there is a motif among entrepreneurs that goes something like: Build the _________ that they don't know they want yet.

I read an early review of the iWatch where the reviewer was baffled over its functionality and whether it was a useful device or not. Latter on in the piece she questioned why Apple has yet (at that time) to describe why anyone would actually want an iWatch let alone how they can use it (clue: they don't have to. If Apple builds it the faithful will buy it no questions asked). She concluded the piece by stating it is pointless to buy a device first and then figure out how it may be useful to you latter on. That if you do not have an immediate use for it save your money.

I think that is spot on and find it odd that you are looking for apps that you currently do not need let alone want. Granted you may come across an app or two that proves useful but if you don't know then you simply do not know.

Anyways, the only app that is available through Play and not BB World or even Amazon that I can immediately think of is the Geico app but it works well on my BB10.

Which brings me to a point: are you asking what apps are only available through Play or are you asking what apps will only work on a Google compatible handset? If it is the latter then MS Office is the only one that immediately comes to mind but if I recall it still requires a subscription to 365.

I have not tried all of the GApps (in case it is not obvious, I got Play on my BB10) but the ones I have tried did work although they threw a "you are not logged into Google account/services" notification roughly once every few minutes it seemed.
    I'm not sure what's hard to understand. I'm told on one hand that people have abandoned BlackBerry (BB10) and that Android is the only way to address the reason why--lack of apps. That is not at all my experience, so I'm trying to poll people and understand what drives that--what are the things that they find they need that BlackBerry cannot offer.

I'm trying to figure out what the PRIV would really offer me, that I can't get on my Passport (or other BB10 device) without a lot of effort, and/or buggy behavior.

So far there are no compelling reasons that would cause me to go that Route--but that's JUST me.

KAM
    10-13-15 11:02 AM
40 12