With the last few snapchat updates, attempting to type a caption with the PKB causes the caption focus to go away. Works fine with the VKB and the settings part of snapchat happily take input from the PKB. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-21-16 07:51 PM
    Probably not using a standard API for text input, probably as a way to capture marketing data.

Who cares? Snapchat is poorly coded and they don't even care about android users.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    08-21-16 08:01 PM
    While snapchat is a poorly made app, I still ask the question, is anyone experiencing the same issue?

08-21-16 08:13 PM
    I do. Found out yesterday. Won't recognize the pkb.
    08-21-16 10:49 PM
    Yes. Been having this issue for about a week now.

Snapchat is very poorly coded on Android.

08-21-16 10:50 PM
    Yes,

If I add a text box over a snapchat image and try to type with the pkb, the text box disappears.

virtual keyboard works just fine

physical keyboard works just fine when sending "chats" in shapchat. Only gets goofy when trying to add a text box over an image.

I am having other problems with my pkb swipe gestures when sending text messages.
    08-22-16 01:48 PM
    Hopefully this won't be an issue if BlackBerry releases a full pkb phone this winter. My daughter is holding out for that possibility and she and her friends use SnapChat.

08-22-16 04:54 PM
    I can't believe how many people freely use this app. I'd would have love to join in and use it as well but the fact it wants to download my entire contact list to it's so called "secure" servers, was a HUGE red flag for me. Not to mention the heating issue, I wasn't 30 seconds in running through their setup and my Priv was on fire!

And yet millions of people still willingly proceed. SMH!

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    08-23-16 06:18 AM
    Same problem.

08-23-16 11:36 AM
    This problem happened in another app today.

I was configuring the TMobile Tueday app and was not able to enter my phone number using the physical keyboard.

Every time I tried to type in the text box to provide my phone number with the physical keyboard, the cursor would disappear and no input would appear in the box.

I could put the cursor back in the text box by tapping it with my finger, but as soon as I pressed a button on the physical keyboard, the cursor disappeared from the text box.
    08-24-16 05:56 PM
    Any update to this problem? I don't use SnapChat but my daughter does (or did when it worked on her Q10)

She's looking forward to getting the Mercury so hopefully it won't be an issue.
    01-08-17 11:24 PM