Why are my sms 'sending ' and not being sent? I powered off am I missing something. I'm Verizon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-15-16 08:17 AM
    Why are my sms 'sending ' and not being sent? I powered off am I missing something. I'm Verizon.

Are you using Message+ or another Text/sms app?

While I don't generally text, yesterday was an exception and I exchanged about a dozen texts using the Verizon default app with no problems (other than I have to pay for each one since I don't have a text allowance!)

Did you reboot?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    10-15-16 08:50 AM

Are you sending texts to contacts or short code texts to stores, banks etc? If short code, forget it. It's a Verizon issue since launch day. No resolution in sight. I use the Verizon messages app and I text all the time to different contacts. No problem. The one time I tried a short code text.......it was responding to Verizon!!!!! Never went. Go figure!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-15-16 09:35 AM
    Are you sending texts to contacts or short code texts to stores, banks etc? If short code, forget it. It's a Verizon issue since launch day. No resolution in sight. I use the Verizon messages app and I text all the time to different contacts. No problem. The one time I tried a short code text.......it was responding to Verizon!!!!! Never went. Go figure!
    If you'd stop complaining about the lack of MM it would have gone through.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    10-15-16 09:59 AM
    If you'd stop complaining about the lack of MM it would have gone through.
    I just can't help it. I just wish more Priv owners would also start complaining. Nobody seems to give a darn anymore. Everyone is so quiet around here. I have too much time on my hands.
    10-15-16 10:53 AM
    I just can't help it. I just wish more Priv owners would also start complaining. Nobody seems to give a darn anymore. Everyone is so quiet around here. I have too much time on my hands.

Wait till you are retired.

Today I dropped off my Z30 to get the bulging battery replaced. I suggested to someone that Donald Trump might like its curves. And, to boot, it might be considered HOT!!

I also picked up a month-to-month T-mobile sim card for the ShopBB Priv. I will compare with Verizon and get an idea of coverage next month.
    10-15-16 01:55 PM
    I had the same issue. I updated my Cellular Network setting to LTE/UMTS/GSM. Apparently, there's an issue with my Priv sending via the Global network setting.

WhiIe I was unable to send SMS messages, I was able to receive messages from my daughters iPhone.

And several reboots did not help.

Last edited by DoubleZro; 10-15-16 at 03:36 PM.
    10-15-16 02:33 PM
    Additionally, I experienced the same issue trying to send SMS messages again today. Rebooting and device network switching did not work.

I did try switching the default SMS app to Google Hangouts and sending of SMS messages started to work again. After switching back to Verizon Message+, SMS failed again.

Next, I uninstalled all Message+ updates and retried the Verizon Message+ app. (The app will not fully delete) Sending SMS messages again worked.

Hopefully, this addresses the issue and there isn't somehow else wrong.

10-17-16 02:05 PM
    Wait.....what network are you on?
    10-17-16 02:25 PM
    Verizon.... And those were the network options within the PRIV.

Attached Thumbnails sms sending. won't send texts-282583.jpg  
    10-18-16 03:09 PM
    Verizon.... And those were the network options within the PRIV.

Well, unless you are out of the USA, you should stay on LTE /CDMA, since Verizon operates on CDMA. The GSM network is for out of country access and I think that you can access GSM in the US only for limited usage of some kind. I believe that there was a thread a long time ago that dealt with some kind of problem and the solution was too change from global to LTE /CDMA.
    10-18-16 03:47 PM
    Thanks for the info. I had read a previous thread about it but was simply trying anything to get SMS to work outbound.

10-19-16 12:33 PM
    Make sure you have the area code in the phone number..
    10-21-16 12:15 AM