12-22-16 01:42 AM
29 12
tools
    So all my SMS messages from users show in the hub except 1 person. The the ones that do show, show up as numbers only. It does not pick up their name from contacts. Any ideas?
    11-08-15 07:21 PM
    If you imported using the BlackBerry content transfer apprehend that is the problem.

Wipe device. Start fresh. Don't resort from backup.

Update all BlackBerry apps prior to adding accounts in hub.

Add account.

Set sync email to anything but forever.

Test and see what happens.

I have logged a case on this and posted a three and multiple responses on CB.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 07:42 PM
    Seriously LOL I've spent 2 days straight configuring this beast. Yes i did use the transfer tool, no reason why because everything was on my SD card I'm in IT so i wanted to know how it worked. Guess it's back to square one!
    11-08-15 08:35 PM
    Try it and see I make no guarantees but I had to wipe the device 4 times and now it works...

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:48 PM
    Does it show up in the messenger app? Just not the hub

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:18 PM
    can you find it in contacts?
    11-08-15 09:23 PM
    That is correct, shows in Messenger app but not in hub
    11-08-15 09:24 PM
    Yes the user is there with proper number in my contacts
    11-08-15 09:26 PM
    In phone settings, make sure the area code and other settings are correct.
    11-08-15 10:36 PM
    Well some show but not all, where is the area code setting you speak of? want through phone setting and didn't see it.
    11-08-15 10:39 PM
    Can you tell me what version of Hub you are using please?
    11-08-15 10:41 PM
    Settings --> apps --> hub
    11-08-15 10:42 PM
    latest available as everything is updated 1.1.0.4753
    11-08-15 10:52 PM
    Thanks. If you wouldn't mind...when did you start the content transfer - roughly how long ago?
    11-08-15 11:09 PM
    I just got my Priv this evening. I can confirm I have this same issue. I did the BB Content Transfer late into my setup and I was pretty sure Hub worked fine until I did the BB Content Transfer - so it adds up this is the culprit. I'm going to wait it out for a bit and hope a Hub update can fix this issue before erasing and reinstalling. But it'd sure be a bummer if this is the only resolution
    11-08-15 11:33 PM
    Actually this is a great test...wait it out the night and let me know if it's syncing again in the morning. My suspicion is that all the incoming content is "waiting in line" to be processed and blocking out everything else.
    11-08-15 11:36 PM
    Same here content transfer was my problem. I couldn't setup my email accounts due to it either.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 12:16 AM
    I got my Priv first thing Friday morning so about 10am Friday I did the transfer. So it's been 3 days, what's funny is now it's showing in the hub properly but then some still are just numbers, when you open the message their name is there but not in the hub. It keeps flip flopping. I am going to start fresh i have to replace my device anyways because my keyboard is acting up. When i slide screen up it goes crazy like it's being touched all over.figured out it was he touch sensitive keyboard, once i disabled that no more screen going crazy.
    11-09-15 06:10 AM
    I just got my Priv this evening. I can confirm I have this same issue. I did the BB Content Transfer late into my setup and I was pretty sure Hub worked fine until I did the BB Content Transfer - so it adds up this is the culprit. I'm going to wait it out for a bit and hope a Hub update can fix this issue before erasing and reinstalling. But it'd sure be a bummer if this is the only resolution
    I had Rogers transfer my contact data base as I couldn't risk losing contact information. I used content transfer to move other stuff but it didn't capture any calendar events,thank God I have a paper copy of all my calendar appointments. I think it's just a bug that will be corrected. In a future update. I did notice contact names for sms don't show up in name format in the hub too. Does BlackBerry IT team know about this bug!?

11-09-15 09:32 AM
    The Priv has some bugs that blackberry needs to work out soon, being it's their first Android and their so called comeback device they need to hurry before some get disappointed with the device.
    The more complaints the less they will sell if I were Chen I would have employees watching crackberry to see what the issues are and start the process of making corrections.

11-09-15 09:39 AM
    They will work it out fast i hope and all the apps can be updated fast, not like the OS that needs carrier approval. They should have free support to start logging issues and fix or troll the forums as well
    11-09-15 12:07 PM
    Just keep posting issues so people know if issue or not BlackBery will get them fixed up
    11-09-15 12:09 PM
    So I may have solved this issue on my Priv. I'm not sure if it will help out the others with the issue.

But I noticed BlackBerry Content Transfer app replaced the "newer" sms messages in the hub with the backedup ones which conflict with those in the Messages app (my default SMS app).

I deleted the conversations from Hub and Messages (only the ones that were problematic) and moving forward, the Messages sync and show contact names instead of phone numbers. I know this may not be ideal for people who want to save their SMS convos, but it fixes the issue

11-09-15 12:29 PM
    Yeah i tried deleting the conversations and still don't show
    11-09-15 12:36 PM
    I had the same problem. One contact's Messenger convo would never appear in the Hub. Then one Messenger convo (different contact) always appeared as "unread" in Hub even after I manually marked it as "read".

I went into Settings > Apps > All. Found Messenger, did a force stop. ensured cache and app data was deleted. Then did a phone restart.

After this, everything started working fine.

BlackBerry has some bug fixes to do which I believe will fix a lot of this stuff. I suspect an update will happen the first week or so of December. In the meantime, it's still an awesome phone. Everybody I show it to, wants one. Especially younger people, which surprised me. And everyone I know with an Android phone has "issues" with it. So let's not be too upset or surprised that BB's first attempt isn't 100% perfect. It's worth the wait while they figure some things out.
    11-29-15 10:15 AM
29 12