Anyone find a SMS messaging app that closely resembles what we had with BB10? I don't like the suggestions, bubbles, contact colors and all that jazz, and I would like to see the messages lined up with the stripes look from the old Blackberry OS.

Again, I would like to hit compose, chose what I want to compose then have my list of contacts so I can say who to send it to and let's go. I would like to see my text messages looking like the old stripes look, not some on the right some on left in colored bubbles and all that, just show me the message.

Anyone?
    12-01-17 05:18 PM
    Yes, when BlackBerry will wake up and make Hub an SMS client all these great feature you are talking about will become feasible. Feasible, not reality....just to make sure I am clear

Until them we have to compromise on mediocre experience utilizing independent SMS apps and the closets one to what you describe is Textra.
    12-01-17 05:31 PM
    Yes, when BlackBerry will wake up and make Hub an SMS client all these great feature you are talking about will become feasible. Feasible, not reality....just to make sure I am clear

Until them we have to compromise on mediocre experience utilizing independent SMS apps and the closets one to what you describe is Textra.
    Textra... I will look into it, thanks.

I want BB to remain Android customizable for the 99.9% who might join the club but I'm betting that number would increase if they'd put their best foot forward and presented a superior experience. People will begins saying, "oh, that's why people used BB all those years..."

Now if only we can get them to make a 9900 on Android with a new screen, I'd buy a bunch so they'd last for life... The 9900 was all I ever needed in a no fuss package that fit any pocket or even sock if necessary...
    12-02-17 12:02 AM
    Textra... I will look into it, thanks.

I want BB to remain Android customizable for the 99.9% who might join the club but I'm betting that number would increase if they'd put their best foot forward and presented a superior experience. People will begins saying, "oh, that's why people used BB all those years..."

Now if only we can get them to make a 9900 on Android with a new screen, I'd buy a bunch so they'd last for life... The 9900 was all I ever needed in a no fuss package that fit any pocket or even sock if necessary...
    I have been trying to make this point all over this place....

Read this for example:
    /blackberry-priv-f440/suggestions-account-order-1132004/
    12-02-17 12:08 AM
    One thing with Textra is you still get those suggestion boxes when you first hit the little blue "Compose" button. That's what I was hoping to get rid of but it must be part of the HUB and not the Messaging app. It also doesn't have a "stripes" view for text but it doesn't let you chose the bubble shapes. It also lets me use the enter key to send, wow how I missed that.
    12-02-17 12:13 AM
    I guess the view I'm looking for is called "list view" for the conversation.

I would also like to remove the picture icons since I don't allow profile pictures onto my phone. So all I see are colored dots.
    12-02-17 02:10 AM