Hey guys

just got a blackberry priv about a day or so after launch, and phone works great minus one issue.

receiving and sending of texts is very unstable, i'll either get a msg saying google play services have stopped, or the msg does not go through. I have trouble receiving other peoples messages as well.

Anyone have similar problems? Solution?

THanks
    11-14-15 11:27 AM
    Complete a hard reset and make sure all blackberry apps are up to date. You could also try another sms app lie Textra to see how that works.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 11:43 AM
    If you were on a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier, that could also cause issues. Make sure that your on a regular android data plan.
    11-14-15 11:53 AM
    Is there a difference between hard reset and reboot? I've rebooted multiple times and it still comes back intermittently

11-14-15 12:24 PM
    If you were on a BlackBerry data plan with your carrier, that could also cause issues. Make sure that your on a regular android data plan.
    Shouldn't be an issue as I've had iPhone, bb10, and Android phone running fine on same plan

11-14-15 12:25 PM
    If you are on AT&T go to your nearest store and get a new sim card. every time I get a new blackberry, I need to with sim cards. then MMS will work.
    11-14-15 12:51 PM
    If you are on AT&T go to your nearest store and get a new sim card. every time I get a new blackberry, I need to with sim cards. then MMS will work.
    I am with Telus, and it's either a message saying messenger app has stopped or Google services.

11-14-15 01:17 PM
    The way sms is handled is my only complaint so far too. For a different reason though. Why does sms need a special app? I wish I could just see all my sms in the Hub. All I see for sms in the hub is the conversation, but it opens the messenger app for interaction. It's weird. Why do my sms have to rely on play services and an app to work? Unless I am missing a setting. Nope, doesn't seem like I'm missing a setting. Oh well. There are bigger problems in the world...

11-14-15 03:58 PM
    The way sms is handled is my only complaint so far too. For a different reason though. Why does sms need a special app? I wish I could just see all my sms in the Hub. All I see for sms in the hub is the conversation, but it opens the messenger app for interaction. It's weird. Why do my sms have to rely on play services and an app to work? Unless I am missing a setting. Nope, doesn't seem like I'm missing a setting. Oh well. There are bigger problems in the world...

Agree. I do t understand for the life of me why they didn't make their own properly integrated SMS app.

11-14-15 07:10 PM

Well its important to me to get this solved as it could be detrimental to not receive an important text message. Thats a basic function of a cell phone and should be flawless. I've reset the phone back to factory settings and that seems to have solved the problem for now, but then again it was like this from the beginning.
    11-14-15 07:10 PM
    If I do a factory reset will I lose all my photos, or are they store on Google services via my Gmail account? My Sim card stops working sometimes too, not sure if I messed it up when I put my card in the first time, I put it in wrong

11-29-15 06:53 PM
    Agree. I do t understand for the life of me why they didn't make their own properly integrated SMS app.

They did that to allow the use of any sms app with the hub. There are many highly polished options on the play store.
    11-29-15 10:11 PM
    Go sms pro seems to be just fine

11-29-15 11:01 PM