"Smartslide" could just be a fancy name to represent the fact that the phone 'knows' when you have the keyboard out and the virtual keyboard will disappear and, inversely, when you slide the keyboard back in, it will reappear.
    Imagine Apple doing this on a phone, and "iSlide" would be patented, used as a major feature advantage with an entire marketing push built around it, with every tech blog / tv show / etc. singing Apple's praises on their incredible ingenuity. All of this followed by Apple suing any desk maker with a slide out keyboard tray for patent infringement.
    10-09-15 04:03 PM
    OK folks in curious what's everyone's take on SmartSlide technology.*

Here is mine:
    Incoming Call: use soft key to answer or slide open to answer.
    Current call: slide close to end the call (just like the Motorola Razor phones lol. BlackBerry better use a tough composite to handle violent slams ) *
    * bonus for BlackBerry implementation of touching screen with thumb while closing slider with current call to keep call engaged.*
    Within The Hub (or any mailbox) sliding open screen opens the compose window with quick Peek/Flow to switch Mailboxes, sms, social and PIN /BBM.
    When locked and screen off, sliding open presents unlock screen for character entry, yet pressing power/wake/sleep button gives you option for picture-password for touch engagement.*
    From home screen or any application (except VOIP) this auto opens the dialer for calls.*
    When in dialer and number is entered, closing slider closes the dialer and exists, reopening (from home screen or in another app - yet no interaction therein or no hub access) opens the dialer (either where you left off or with an option from call list to see uncompleted entered numbers history incase you need to quickly enter the number not yet dialed)*
    * regional support : BlackBerry do some studies on those that have seizures - I personally witness an epileptic have. Seizure over a decade ago and when I went to help her, she knew she was having one and tried to dial 9-1 xxxxxxxx. Call didn't complete. Maybe a press and hold for occur 10 seconds or 5 up swipes when dialer is opened from SmartSlide??*

What do you think SmartSlide should allow and bring to the smartphone world? ‎

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:11 PM
    And with phrase "Scotie beam me up" said by Chen
    Lol! And if it starts getting laggy you hear scottie say "I'm giving her all she's got captain " Lmao!

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-16-15 08:34 PM
    Seizure over a decade ago and when I went to help her, she knew she was having one and tried to dial 9-1 xxxxxxxx. Call didn't complete. Maybe a press and hold for occur 10 seconds or 5 up swipes when dialer is opened from SmartSlide??*

What do you think SmartSlide should allow and bring to the smartphone world? ‎

Posted via CB10
    I timber my Bold 9930 had keyboard shortcuts for dialing and one that I had was for 911 and of course home or wife. I think the default was the d button for 911.

At this point I think the whole smartslide thing is just that the phone is a slider. The say smartslide technology but we will just have to wait and see when BlackBerry does and "official" review or the CB one.

B1aze where ya at? J/k don't break an NDA for anyone

Brought to you by the fab Z10 on CB10
    10-16-15 08:46 PM
    "Smartslide" could just be a fancy name to represent the fact that the phone 'knows' when you have the keyboard out and the virtual keyboard will disappear and, inversely, when you slide the keyboard back in, it will reappear.

One thing that nobody has mentioned yet, probably because it's not entirely likely that it will happen... but, what would you guys think if the keyboard sliding out was a compromise for the 'swipe' gesture to get into the hub? From anywhere within the OS, slide the keyboard out and you're in the hub. Since you will primarily be messaging when in the Hub, it would make sense that you would have the keyboard open anyway. I think I would accept this as an alternative if they can't give us the regular gestures that we currently have on BB10.
    So , I'm typing in a word document and slide the keyboard out for more speed and it exits the app? How is that productive?
    10-16-15 08:51 PM
    Yah....no

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:53 PM
    Would be something like magnets for hinges, springs would wear out too quickly if you open it for each action
    10-17-15 03:06 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD