Hey,

Just thinking out loud here about the 'Smartslide', based on the photos of it, I wonder if it will sort of have the ability to slide up in stages.

For instance, using the space bar is a great 'next screen' shortcut

So having the ability to slide up to expose just the keyboard would be 'smart'

Then exposing the next row of keys, perhaps there is someother functionality

Then the next row, etc....

It would possible give many more uses or shortcuts depending on how far up the screen is slid.

And if it's not a feature now, maybe something for the future.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:09 PM
    Sorry that sounds dumb.

Posted via CB10
    moegh, HyperM3 and BerryRipe like this.
    09-30-15 08:10 PM
    The sliding mechanist should be the classic one with a spring effect, so I don't think that will happne mate
    09-30-15 10:03 PM
    You never know, gotta wait I guess

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 10:29 PM
    Like if it has a little motor in it and could read electrical impulses from your fingertips. So it would know if you wanted the thing to open or not. And have it make a really cool Star Trek type sound effect as it opened and closed.

That would get my attention.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-30-15 10:34 PM
    Like if it has a little motor in it and could read electrical impulses from your fingertips. So it would know if you wanted the thing to open or not. And have it make a really cool Star Trek type sound effect as it opened and closed.

Now you're talkin'. Need phasers too.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-01-15 04:56 PM
    Free hoolahoops for preorders!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 08:47 PM
    Free hoolahoops for preorders!

Posted via CB10
    HUZZAH!

10-02-15 12:35 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. It's probably just a small feature with a big name like what other tech companies are doing.
    10-02-15 01:09 AM
    BlackBerry is terrible in marketing, like naming these stuffs. But when they do it usually really is a big feature.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    10-02-15 03:01 AM
    I've been thinking about this SmartSlide lately and what if the name refers to what it will do for you as far as efficiency is concerned.
    Let me explain, say you playing you fave game (clash of somebody, candy crush whomever, boom beach party, etc) or you're watching a video, creating some meme's
    You know you are busy on your device and you get a text or email and instead of stopping and going to the hub, you slide up your keyboard and it opens that message for you to respond to.
    I mean that keyboard would be pretty smart if it works in that capacity making my life and responses faster if I want to use the PKB instead of the virtual via the quick response we have now on Z10 or Z30 (devices that don't have PKB)

Brought to you by the fab Z10 on CB10
    10-08-15 07:58 AM
    Would be very efficient if you can answer a phone call by sliding up and end it by sliding down.
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-08-15 11:24 AM
    Would be very efficient if you can answer a phone call by sliding up and end it by sliding down.
    We had it on the Torch so why not?

10-08-15 11:55 AM
    I want to press a button and it shoots open like a switchblade!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-08-15 11:57 AM

And with phrase "Scotie beam me up" said by Chen
    eldricho likes this.
    10-08-15 04:09 PM
    to be honest I don't find it any more efficient that pressing something on the screen
    10-08-15 06:25 PM
    Efficient...maybe, cool.....heck yeah. What if you slide up and it goes straight to speakerphone? That would be great for all the drivers out there.

Brought to you by the fab Z10 on CB10
    10-08-15 06:30 PM
    It will be multi function depends on what youre doing. If you are touch typing, slide it out then the vpkb goes away. When your in a game or watching a movie, slide it out then you go to the homescreen. Partial slide out and in locks the phone.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    10-08-15 08:09 PM
    And with phrase "Scotie beam me up" said by Chen
    I'm so hoping for this, even though a BB10 slider would be realisticer than that

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 08:20 PM
    to be honest I don't find it any more efficient that pressing something on the screen
    Agreed. The point is that you have to slide on the screen and not just press.
    10-08-15 11:33 PM
    Agreed. The point is that you have to slide on the screen and not just press.
    I wonder if this "smart screen " will know the difference between when I'm swiping up on the screen for app purposes and when I'm swiping up to open the slide??

10-09-15 12:31 AM
    I wonder if this "smart screen " will know the difference between when I'm swiping up on the screen for app purposes and when I'm swiping up to open the slide??

well, those 2 actions have different inputs. For app purposes you slide your finger throught the glass, but to open the slider mechanism, you will grip the glass. For sure it detects when you're sliding the keyboard, that should eliminate unwanted inputs during that split second.
    10-09-15 12:20 PM
    "Smartslide" could just be a fancy name to represent the fact that the phone 'knows' when you have the keyboard out and the virtual keyboard will disappear and, inversely, when you slide the keyboard back in, it will reappear.

One thing that nobody has mentioned yet, probably because it's not entirely likely that it will happen... but, what would you guys think if the keyboard sliding out was a compromise for the 'swipe' gesture to get into the hub? From anywhere within the OS, slide the keyboard out and you're in the hub. Since you will primarily be messaging when in the Hub, it would make sense that you would have the keyboard open anyway. I think I would accept this as an alternative if they can't give us the regular gestures that we currently have on BB10.
    po10chill likes this.
    10-09-15 12:30 PM
    "Smartslide" could just be a fancy name to represent the fact that the phone 'knows' when you have the keyboard out and the virtual keyboard will disappear and, inversely, when you slide the keyboard back in, it will reappear.

One thing that nobody has mentioned yet, probably because it's not entirely likely that it will happen... but, what would you guys think if the keyboard sliding out was a compromise for the 'swipe' gesture to get into the hub? From anywhere within the OS, slide the keyboard out and you're in the hub. Since you will primarily be messaging when in the Hub, it would make sense that you would have the keyboard open anyway. I think I would accept this as an alternative if they can't give us the regular gestures that we currently have on BB10.
    Not a bad idea at all imsltho

po10chill likes this.
    10-09-15 12:56 PM

That would make so much sense. Great Idea.
    10-09-15 03:20 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD