It is sometimes doing a weird thing tho. When I close it, the clock doesn't show the minutes, only the hour and a few little dots.. (in the little cut out viewing box)

I am trying to trouble shoot it, but is hard to replicate
    I'm speculating here, but that sounds as if the UI element is too narrow to accommodate its contents, which leads the OS to ellipsize it ( Google "ellipsize stackoverflow" ). This would occur when the time consists of numbers that are 'wide' in the used font.

It very probably needs to be fixed in a firmware update (decreasing the font size should do the trick) and I'm sure it will be if enough people report it to BB.
    11-08-15 07:15 PM
    Anyone have a pic of their priv with the hardshell case on it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 08:35 PM
    Anyone has a photo of Priv with Black hardshell case without the front portion? How does it look?
    yes i would like to see this as well
    11-08-15 08:41 PM
    I like the hardshell case I got. Just wish it came with a screen protector like every previous BlackBerry hard shell case I purchased.

11-08-15 08:58 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the hard shell. The front peice is a little loose and flimsy on mine. Back is good.
    Yes, it kinda cheapens the phone. I took off the hard shell and now the phone feels premium again.
    11-08-15 09:05 PM
    I like the hardshell case I got. Just wish it came with a screen protector like every previous BlackBerry hard shell case I purchased.

And the case isn't slippery or anything, right?
    Does it seem to fit the device well?
    11-08-15 09:22 PM
    And the case isn't slippery or anything, right?
    Does it seem to fit the device well?
    The back is nice. Akin to the Passport back cover. However, the front part is poor. Thin and flimsy. The bottom tends to get in my way using the keyboard. Wish BB would just make a nice back bumper. You can use just the back but the back part has grooves on the side where the front slides back and forth.
    11-08-15 09:29 PM
    How does the flip case attach to the phone? My only experience with flip cases is with the Z30 where the back cover is completely replaced by the case.
    11-08-15 10:03 PM
    NCIX DBA Memory House on Amazon.ca offers the cheapest Blackberry PRIV accessories online. I don't know how they're making profit as their cost from Blackberry for the Hard Shell case as with most retailers is $17.00

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...UvbUpU12059898
    11-08-15 10:11 PM
    Going to try both but leaning flip case for screen protection as I doubt any screen protector will work on this phone.
    Staples does a liquid applied screen protector. I wonder if that would work.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:35 PM
    I'm going for holster and hardshell. I hate having the phone naked.
    Please repost here of that works. I would really like that combo too. I need all the protection I can get.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:40 PM
    I am using the flip case as it seems to add to the functionality of the device. For most of my other devices I leave them naked and use a spring holster.
    11-08-15 10:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Saw this in another thread. I think I'll be getting it.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zVoev2X8

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1047033
    11-08-15 11:28 PM
    The back is nice. Akin to the Passport back cover. However, the front part is poor. Thin and flimsy. The bottom tends to get in my way using the keyboard. Wish BB would just make a nice back bumper. You can use just the back but the back part has grooves on the side where the front slides back and forth.
    Yeah saw the grooves. So does it make the case look ugly without the front
    And does the back hardshell make the camera bump flushed?
    11-09-15 01:12 AM
    Love the look of the SmartFlip case with its cool little window, but appreciate the practicality of the Slide-Out case, so went with the hard case. A scratch to my device would bother me too much. My problem, I understand. Am still wondering how sturdy Gorilla Glass is without a screen protector, as I have not observed an OEM release.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    11-09-15 01:47 AM
    Made the decision to cancel my hardshell case in favour of the flip case. Within one hour of me cancelling my order, ordering the flip case from Crackberry, I get an email from DR saying they're bundling the hardshell case for free (to pacify us who preordered). Go figure, guess I'm gonna have both!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:21 AM
    Lucky! But a shame you had to wait on your pre-order.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:28 AM
    Yes, it kinda cheapens the phone. I took off the hard shell and now the phone feels premium again.
    I looked at it today and imo it made a big phone into a HUGE phone - It looks like it adds at least 1/2" all around - No Thanks
    miketko likes this.
    11-09-15 03:21 AM
    I looked at it today and imo it made a big phone into a HUGE phone - It looks like it adds at least 1/2" all around - No Thanks
    I need a case because I hold onto things without much grip and Im an ***** and drop stuff.
    11-09-15 03:24 AM
    Hard shell fits quite well actually, I does make it a larger phone too, but it doesn't bother me. It's nice. It is more slippery though, because it is hard plastic whereas the Priv has the awesome rubbery texture. However, the pattern on the hard shell does give it some grip. I don't feel like it's slippery enough that I'm going to drop it or anything, but it is slipperier than a naked Priv.

I like that it covers the shiny silver buttons because I dislike when they get scratched, I hope the case doesn't end up scratching them anyway, that would suck.
    11-09-15 03:43 AM
    I would go for hardshell because of two reasons:
    1. Typing is difficult with the flap open.
    2. The flap usually blocks the camera at the back. Not sure if this is the case with the priv. Can someone confirm? So then taking a photo you need to have the flap half open.
    11-09-15 05:49 AM
    i almost always go for a flip case. there are more situations where i have to protect the front of the phone rather than the possibility of me dropping it.

i was kinda hoping there would be a top/ bottom flip cover style rather than the book-type cover (specially with the curved edge design). maybe someday?

I would go for hardshell because of two reasons:
    1. Typing is difficult with the flap open.
    2. The flap usually blocks the camera at the back. Not sure if this is the case with the priv. Can someone confirm? So then taking a photo you need to have the flap half open.
    well the ShopBB version has a camera hole so that it doesnt block the lens at the back. ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV Leather Smart Flip Case, Tan
    11-09-15 06:19 AM
    I'm having a tough time deciding between the two. I've always used hardshells in the past. The one for the Priv seems to have a lot of side lip fascia (understandably to protect the screen's edge), according to the renders, which really seems to take away the sleekness of the device. I'm now considering the flip case.

Opinions anybody?

Regards,
    AW
    Flip case is really nice you can see and feel the great quality right away. However for work I need also to holster the device with the flip case on. I had a old albeit unused side leather holster that I had tucked away and fits the device with flip case nicely.

11-09-15 07:19 AM
    How does the flip case attach to the phone? My only experience with flip cases is with the Z30 where the back cover is completely replaced by the case.
    The back part is an attached premium hard shell that slips on quite snugly, and the flip cover simply folds over.

11-09-15 07:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Best buy has their clearplex service for any device, as they can apply it as well and the lifetime guarantee is stellar just bring it in to geek squad and they can do it. Got mine put on after I picked my PRIV on Fri.

11-09-15 07:27 AM
87 1234