02-08-17 03:43 AM
40 12
tools
    What smart watch are you running with the priv ?

How's it affecting your battery life? Any recommendations?
    11-05-16 05:12 AM
    I bought last month the Samsung Gear Fit 2. It's a fitness band design, but does mostly what I need from a smart watch which is activity tracking and notifications. It barely impacts battery life so I'm very happy with it.
    11-05-16 05:20 AM

I am too looking out for one. A smartwatch that can get connected with my priv, take and make calls, read and send SMSs, can control the music that's being played through my phone. Preferably a Water proof. A device that can do all the above without a sim in the watch. Apple watch apparently can do all of this but sadly it works only with iPhones.

Anyone?
    11-05-16 05:24 AM
    I am too looking out for one. A smartwatch that can get connected with my priv, take and make calls, read and send SMSs, can control the music that's being played through my phone. Preferably a Water proof. A device that can do all the above without a sim in the watch. Apple watch apparently can do all of this but sadly it works only with iPhones.

Anyone?
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. I will be buying one.
    11-05-16 05:45 AM
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. I will be buying one.
    Thanks I would check that out
    11-05-16 06:11 AM

While I had my priv I was wearing a pebble steel time. Not a bad little watch. Water proof, you get notifications and it lasts about 7-10 days on one charge. Even when it does, it still functions as a watch for a considerable amount of time.
    macwild likes this.
    11-05-16 06:44 AM
    I use a moto 360 and nodded gear 2 with android wear.
    11-05-16 07:20 AM
    Will maybe get the s2 from Samsung,

Price is gone down.

Thanks guys.
    11-05-16 02:48 PM
    Vector Luna. No affect on battery life and the watch battery life is actually better than it was with my Moto X. Still going strong after 5 weeks on the first charge!
    11-05-16 03:25 PM
    Vector Luna. No affect on battery life and the watch battery life is actually better than it was with my Moto X. Still going strong after 5 weeks on the first charge!
    This thing looks awesome. One question, can you text from it? Voice to text? Take notes, that sort of thing?
    11-05-16 04:57 PM
    I use the pebble time and it works great. Long time fan of pebble. I would look into some of the fitbit devices as well as some of the ones that others have mentioned.
    macwild likes this.
    11-05-16 05:22 PM
    Fossil Q Founder...works like a charm...
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    11-05-16 08:01 PM
    Have an Asus Zenwatch 2, pair nicely with the PRIV, and battery consumption with or without the watch paired is negligible.

I anticipate the newer watches with the new snapdragon CPU would be more amazing.
    11-06-16 01:27 AM
    At first was using a Pebble and then a Moto 360 and then I got a Samsung Gear which are fantastic. Been using a Gear S2 3G since April and will be getting the S3 4G Frontier as soon as pre-orders come up on Verizon
    11-06-16 06:42 AM
    I use a lg watch and it works great. Super cheap too.
    11-06-16 02:33 PM
    I'm using a FitBit Blaze. Gets all my notifications and has a 5 day battery life!
    11-06-16 05:26 PM
    Vector. 20days of battery. Lots of functions
    11-06-16 05:43 PM
    Good thread. It appears that battery life and functions have improved substantially in the last six or so months.
    11-06-16 06:03 PM
    Fossil Q Founder...works like a charm...
    I've been considering the Fossil Q Wander (Wander is more geared towards females). How's your battery life on the watch?
    11-07-16 12:26 AM
    Good thread. It appears that battery life and functions have improved substantially in the last six or so months.
    No using having a smart watch draining your battery while your phone is in the pocket doing nothing!

On a side note.. Iv decided to go with the Samsung gear s2 sport.. Looks awesome..
    11-07-16 02:06 AM

Anyone?
    I use an LG watch urbane but the newer android wear watches (LG urbane 2, Asus zen watch, Huawei watch) can do all of that including make calls without a sim (if connected to a phone). The Samsung gear s3 can also make calls but it runs Tizen.
    11-07-16 05:05 AM
    This thing looks awesome. One question, can you text from it? Voice to text? Take notes, that sort of thing?
    No, it's basically a really nice looking notifier with limited apps. After owning 3 other smartwatches, it's exactly what I want.
    11-07-16 08:29 AM
    Using a Garmin Fenix 3 HR connected to a Priv... awesome device, I wanted a fitness smartwatch to track my activities, but that doesn't look like one, with long battery life and classic enough to wear it at different situations, sport related or going out... this watch is something else... recommended if you have the money...
    11-07-16 08:52 AM
    I use an LG watch urbane but the newer android wear watches (LG urbane 2, Asus zen watch, Huawei watch) can do all of that including make calls without a sim (if connected to a phone). The Samsung gear s3 can also make calls but it runs Tizen.
    S3 is still not launched. I think I wd settle for Huawei steel color watch with the black leather band
    11-07-16 09:18 AM
    No using having a smart watch draining your battery while your phone is in the pocket doing nothing!

On a side note.. Iv decided to go with the Samsung gear s2 sport.. Looks awesome..
    I don't generally wear a watch. I took my watch off about 40 years ago - it just made me crazy sitting in a stalled NYC subway and knowing that I'm late, later, oh, boy, really late and having no control. I decided it was useless! There were always clocks around or someone you could ask if you really need the time. I do have an outdoor model with elevation but only use it on trips. And, of course, now, I have a phone in my pocket with a very precise time piece.

While I like some of the fitness tracker info, I don't want to share that info with some corporation, knowing my sleep habits. So I've passed on this new tech stuff!
    11-07-16 10:34 AM
40 12