Hey guys! Got myself Huawei smart watch. Trying to figure out as to how to load Apple music in my watch..dont know if at all it's possible. It's asking me to load music through Google play music where one is required to buy music using my priv and download in the phone and then sync them to the watch to listen to them. Seems like a recurring proposition considering I am already subscribed to Apple music and can listen and download unlimited music there.

Anyone can suggest?
    11-14-16 01:02 PM
    Using a Garmin Fenix 3 HR connected to a Priv... awesome device, I wanted a fitness smartwatch to track my activities, but that doesn't look like one, with long battery life and classic enough to wear it at different situations, sport related or going out... this watch is something else... recommended if you have the money...
    Do you get all of your notifications that come through the hub?
    01-06-17 05:01 PM
    hello there... yes, i do... i get emails, texts, apps notifications (amazon, ebay, espn, banking), whatsapp... the watch looks great and has so many features that i feel i don't use it to its full potential... let me know if you have a question with a particular app...

Do you get all of your notifications that come through the hub?
    01-06-17 10:04 PM
    Was wearing a Pebble steel with my Priv, but the more I used the smartwatch getting all notifications, it became pretty annoying. I eventually set all notifications off except for calls and WhatsApp. Finally, I missed my Omega Speedmaster Pro and wore that. I only use a normal watch and take calls and look at my mobile when I want to and not when the smartwatch tells me to . Life is much more pleasant. Goodluck with your search.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-06-17 10:29 PM
    I bought a fitbit blaze a week ago and am loving it. Had no problems setting it up with my PRIV.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-02-17 09:02 PM
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier here. Works flawlessly without any noticeable impact on battery life of the priv.
    02-03-17 12:41 AM
    While I like some of the fitness tracker info, I don't want to share that info with some corporation, knowing my sleep habits. So I've passed on this new tech stuff!
    On some watches such as the Samsung Gearfit 2 you can turn off the features that you don't want to share with Samsung, in fact, you can even use it as a fitness tracker and music player without a phone paired to it at all.
    FF22 and Mirko935 like this.
    02-03-17 12:56 AM
    Moto 360 and working just great!!
    02-03-17 07:16 AM
    Sony smart talk swr30. Does most stuff including calls on the watch and is waterproof with 4 days battery life. Nuff said
    02-03-17 10:27 AM
    Got the q Marshall. Works great with the exception of emails. It doesn't vibe for my work emails but does give a notification. Can't figure that out.
    02-03-17 04:26 PM
    On some watches such as the Samsung Gearfit 2 you can turn off the features that you don't want to share with Samsung, in fact, you can even use it as a fitness tracker and music player without a phone paired to it at all.
    Just what I wanted to say, but we all know how much F2 cares about his privacy.
    Anyway, I have a Gear S3 while my wife uses a Gear Fit2 and they can be used standalone (though they are far more useful connected to a phone), without a Samsung account, with an account; GPS can be turned off if there's a privacy concern regarding that etc. I do like my walks/runs/hikes mapped, calorie burn as precise as possible etc. so I keep everything on and wear it pretty much 24/7. I highly doubt any company would waste resources to keep tabs on how much I sleep or how much coffee I drink a day.
    02-04-17 03:18 AM
    Just what I wanted to say, but we all know how much F2 cares about his privacy.
    Anyway, I have a Gear S3 while my wife uses a Gear Fit2 and they can be used standalone (though they are far more useful connected to a phone), without a Samsung account, with an account; GPS can be turned off if there's a privacy concern regarding that etc. I do like my walks/runs/hikes mapped, calorie burn as precise as possible etc. so I keep everything on and wear it pretty much 24/7. I highly doubt any company would waste resources to keep tabs on how much I sleep or how much coffee I drink a day.
    HEY, I resemble that remark! When I checked two weeks ago, there were no Gear S3's to be seen in my neck of the backwoods.

I am curious but the battery life, besides, privacy, is a hangup. My altimeter watch lasts months and months on it coin battery. Clearly, it does not do anything like these new smart watches but all the same, there might be trips were I can't get to a charger defeating the purpose of having the device.

But can you use the gps and stepcounter or whatever it contains without it reporting back to Samsung? Can I map my walk, hike or ski trip (fingers crossed) or track my sleep and heart rate and send (bt, wifi or usb) to a computer mapping program without an 3rd party having access to that info? For instance, Nogago Tracks (on the Z10/Z30 and now the Priv) will create a track of my hike/bike and I can export to gpx and look at it in my garmin program or some 3rd party programs. No one but me has the info. I don't want Trump and HIS NSA tracking me!!!!!
    02-04-17 10:10 AM
    I have an LG Urbane watch. I love it and use it daily. Mostly for notifications and music controls.

Of course it will use more battery on the Priv, but not terribly.
    02-04-17 11:09 AM
    I just got the Samsung Gear S2 classic to use with the Priv, thought I read in a few places that it worked fine. I don't know if I'm missing something but it's not really doing what I want. It shows text message content occasionally but usually just says to open message on phone. I don't get facebook messages, although it has the odd time. I would like to be able to read my text messages ( I use Next Sms on the Priv), facebook messenger, emails. I use gmail and it has shown the messages I have notifications I have set for. I do not use the Blackberry hub on the phone if that matters, I just use it as an android phone.

Am I missing something or is this not going to work for what I want it? Any better suggestions? I had a pebble that was working ok but they have shut down.

Thanks.
    02-07-17 09:09 PM
    HEY, I resemble that remark! When I checked two weeks ago, there were no Gear S3's to be seen in my neck of the backwoods.

I am curious but the battery life, besides, privacy, is a hangup. My altimeter watch lasts months and months on it coin battery. Clearly, it does not do anything like these new smart watches but all the same, there might be trips were I can't get to a charger defeating the purpose of having the device.

But can you use the gps and stepcounter or whatever it contains without it reporting back to Samsung? Can I map my walk, hike or ski trip (fingers crossed) or track my sleep and heart rate and send (bt, wifi or usb) to a computer mapping program without an 3rd party having access to that info? For instance, Nogago Tracks (on the Z10/Z30 and now the Priv) will create a track of my hike/bike and I can export to gpx and look at it in my garmin program or some 3rd party programs. No one but me has the info. I don't want Trump and HIS NSA tracking me!!!!!
    It appears I missed this post... I'm still surprised that you can't find an S3 where you live. Even in this "third world country" where I live they started selling them in January (yes, we're that late ).

Anyway, it clearly wouldn't last for months, but good three to four days are definitely possible, depending on usage. ATM mine has been off the charger for 42 h and I've got 52 % battery left.

I think it needs to be connected to S Health on your phone in order for you to be able to export a GPX of your route, same goes for exporting your HR data to and Excel or PDF file. I don't see an option for exporting sleep data except for individual days as images. S Health can be connected to various other services (e.g. I use it to import food/nutrition data from MFP) so there might as well be an app that can import sleep data from it and let you export it in another format, if that's relevant to you.
    As far as I know you can't export it directly from the watch. But as said earlier, you can use the S Health app without a Samsung account (though you do need to log in to use the Galaxy Apps store which is used for downloading apps to the watch). You should actually give S Health a try and see how you like it, you don't have to have any Samsung device to be able to use it. I replaced Google Fit with it before I had the S3 to use steps etc. info from Priv. It's definitely a better app than Google Fit IMO.

Walks and hikes can be recorded and mapped, but S Health on Gear doesn't have skiing under exercises. There is an app called Ski Pursuit which seems to be able to record and map that. I don't ski (yet ) so I didn't try it.

If you're interested in an even more "outdoorsy" watch that's also swim-proof you might want to take a look at Suunto. They have better battery life etc. but they're far more bulky. e.g.:
    Suunto Ambit3 Peak Sapphire (HR) - GPS watch for outdoor sports
    (as far as I can see, you do have to use their app for maps etc. just like with Samsung)

Hope this helps.

I just got the Samsung Gear S2 classic to use with the Priv, thought I read in a few places that it worked fine. I don't know if I'm missing something but it's not really doing what I want. It shows text message content occasionally but usually just says to open message on phone. I don't get facebook messages, although it has the odd time. I would like to be able to read my text messages ( I use Next Sms on the Priv), facebook messenger, emails. I use gmail and it has shown the messages I have notifications I have set for. I do not use the Blackberry hub on the phone if that matters, I just use it as an android phone.

Am I missing something or is this not going to work for what I want it? Any better suggestions? I had a pebble that was working ok but they have shut down.

Thanks.
    I'm not sure what would you want it to do. It shows notifications, i.e. new messages you receive. Using the preinstalled SMS client it works fine, shows the message and lets you reply. You can't read the whole SMS history on your watch, that's one of the few things that only work with Samsung phones afaik.
    Facebook Messenger also displays new messages without issues for me, emails from Hub as well. I don't use the Gmail app. Maybe you should check your notification settings.
    This is with a Gear S3, but it should all be the same on S2.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-08-17 02:43 AM
    Hi, I bought an "amazfit bip" smartwatch besides all the fitness tracking it can also receive notifications from your phone. it's a really nice watch but I can't get the settings right on my Priv to receive any messages or call notifications. Can somebody please help me with some advice as it is paired and I can use the 'lost phone setting where I search for my phone on the watch and the phone rings, but I can't seem to get my Priv to send actual emails and texts through to my smartwatch.

Do one of you guys know what I might be doing wrong
    It will be much appreciated !!!
    12-20-19 05:32 PM
    Hi, I bought an "amazfit bip" smartwatch besides all the fitness tracking it can also receive notifications from your phone. it's a really nice watch but I can't get the settings right on my Priv to receive any messages or call notifications. Can somebody please help me with some advice as it is paired and I can use the 'lost phone setting where I search for my phone on the watch and the phone rings, but I can't seem to get my Priv to send actual emails and texts through to my smartwatch.

Do one of you guys know what I might be doing wrong
    It will be much appreciated !!!
    Odd.
    My Samsung Gear watch works perfectly with my PRIV.
    12-20-19 05:36 PM
    I had problems when I first got my Galaxy smart watch and setting it up with the K2. I couldn't get notifications on the watch. Then mucking about in the settings I found a toggle switch for only sending notifications when wearing the watch ! I should have read all the instructions first, this may not be the same problem you may have but just in case. Good luck.
    12-23-19 12:02 PM
43 12