Maybe my face is scaring my Priv. I've enabled Smart Lock, Facial Recognition and even added a few more views with lighting differences.

I also have Picture Password enabled. (I have Picture Password on another Priv and it recognizes a BT connection for its Smart Lock setup and it works)

I've had it set for about a week and never have I seen any sign that it is either using or or recognizing my face.

Anyone else try it. MM with latest updates on UNlocked Priv.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    10-20-16 08:14 PM
    Maybe my face is scaring my Priv. I've enabled Smart Lock, Facial Recognition and even added a few more views with lighting differences.

I also have Picture Password enabled. (I have Picture Password on another Priv and it recognizes a BT connection for its Smart Lock setup and it works)

I've had it set for about a week and never have I seen any sign that it is either using or or recognizing my face.

Anyone else try it. MM with latest updates on UNlocked Priv.
    Well, you have to hold it a little closer than 30ft away!
    10-20-16 11:10 PM
    But seriously, I've tried it and like you, it doesn't seem to work very well.
    10-20-16 11:11 PM
    Well, you have to hold it a little closer than 30ft away!
    I was definitely close enough. I don't know why it did not work:

Smart Lock facial recognition does not apper to be doing anything?-img_20161020_1818142.jpg

I used a real picture - actually about five. So it kind of worked for you? I get no sign that anything is happening. Do you have Picture Password or some other scheme?
    10-21-16 12:12 AM
    Do you have it set to display the unlock screen (in my case, Picture Password) when you wake it or the Lockscreen?

I have it display the unlock screen, but if I go back to the Lockscreen after I wake it and then pull the screen up to unlock it actually works. Around 80 % of the time. But I just tested it for a couple of days, I'm afraid that I might lose my phone and my evil twin (or clone ) would find it.
    10-21-16 12:41 AM
    Yeah never works for me too

Btw Fred don't be shy show all face!
    10-21-16 12:44 AM
    I was definitely close enough. I don't know why it did not work:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161020_1818142.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	410362

I used a real picture - actually about five. So it kind of worked for you? I get no sign that anything is happening. Do you have Picture Password or some other scheme?
    I use a pattern lock. But the smart lock functions don't really work all the time. Facial recognition is very iffy, location works pretty well at home and in the truck with my hands free Bluetooth device, but I go out of town 2 days a week and I have the location of the hotel I stay in programmed in with GPS coordinates and the name of the hotel and it never recognizes it.
    10-21-16 09:08 AM
    I've been using it for about six months now. At the beginning it may take a bit longer to work but as you continue using it, it seems to get better. I noticed though that you have to keep the phone level with your face so it's straight in front
    FF22 likes this.
    10-21-16 09:28 AM
    I use a pattern lock. But the smart lock functions don't really work all the time. Facial recognition is very iffy, location works pretty well at home and in the truck with my hands free Bluetooth device, but I go out of town 2 days a week and I have the location of the hotel I stay in programmed in with GPS coordinates and the name of the hotel and it never recognizes it.
    Smart Lock with my car BT works flawlessly. Same with a paired cordless phone and its BT at home - works fine - this is with the Verizon Priv1. And, again, I do have picture password on it, too.

But the reply after yours may explain it. I may be looking downward at it rather than how I had to hold it to take the original comparison pictures - higher. If so, that is a totally inconvenient position!
    10-21-16 11:14 AM
    I've been using it for about six months now. At the beginning it may take a bit longer to work but as you continue using it, it seems to get better. I noticed though that you have to keep the phone level with your face so it's straight in front
    I think that may be my problem. Yes, when taking the companion photos I had to arbitrarily hold the phone way higher and angled to get my face in alignment. When unlocking it, I tend to look down at it kind of waist or chest height. So, if the positioning it is looking for is HIGH, then it is not very convenient. Thanks for your reply.
    10-21-16 11:16 AM
    I think that may be my problem. Yes, when taking the companion photos I had to arbitrarily hold the phone way higher and angled to get my face in alignment. When unlocking it, I tend to look down at it kind of waist or chest height. So, if the positioning it is looking for is HIGH, then it is not very convenient. Thanks for your reply.
    I believe that's just one of your problems.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-21-16 02:41 PM
    I believe that's just one of your problems.
    If you have a mirror handy, you can face another of my problems!
    misterabrasive likes this.
    10-21-16 03:22 PM
    If you have a mirror handy, you can face another of my problems!
    Although it is not a mirror shot it's the best I can do under the circumstances. And although it doesn't look like it, I'm very very happy! Smart Lock facial recognition does not apper to be doing anything?-1477248826154.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    10-23-16 01:53 PM
    Aren't you a long way from Chicago? Some Carolina or other?
    10-23-16 02:46 PM
    Aren't you a long way from Chicago? Some Carolina or other?
    That's right. North. But I'm originally from Wisconsin and spent 12 years in the Chicago area before moving here 28 years ago. I have been a Cubs fan for 40 years.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-23-16 02:54 PM
    That's right. North. But I'm originally from Wisconsin and spent 12 years in the Chicago area before moving here 28 years ago. I have been a Cubs fan for 40 years.
    Oh, half your life!
    misterabrasive likes this.
    10-23-16 03:39 PM
    Oh, half your life!
    Not quite!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-23-16 03:46 PM