I barely use any of my data. I think I used 500 MB last month. And that was a lot.

And if I remove FB, I might as well just throw away my phone as I barely use my phone for anything else other than texting and FB. As it worked just fine for over a year and then SUDDENLY, my phone began to be slow, it's clearly something else as nothing has changed with Facebook...which was the first app I installed.

It's the technical Blackberry-related stuff that changes that I am not sure of...every time there is an update, I have no idea what BB does to my phone...AND I am unsure as to where to go to change the BlackBerry settings. Those are the things I am concerned about. Not Facebook.
    03-21-18 11:19 PM
    One of the only reasons I have a mobile phone on me at all times if for Facebook. And seeing it was the first App I installed with no issues, I am sure the issue is something else that happened in the last couple of months. So Facebook must be fully functional or I may as well chuck my phone...
    03-21-18 11:20 PM
    Nobody said do without FaceBook, we all said use something other the fullblown official spyware version.
    And BlackBerry has nothing to do with FB, so can't "fix it".
    FaceBook does update their app, some updates make things a lot worse, some make things better.
    Repeating myself, (and most others) there is a very good reason everybody is telling you to get rid of the official FB spymaster app and use something else.

If the FaceBook app worked well, there wouldn't exist a whole bunch of alternatives.
    03-22-18 07:41 AM
    Then BlackBerry needs to fix that as I use my phone primarily for texting and Facebook. Everything else combined takes up like 5% of why I have a phone.

And again, I have changed nothing, I work in IT and I have had FB on it since day one while this issue has only been going on for a few months.

If I remove Facebook, I may as well just not have a phone. So clearly, it's not an option. If my FB was just fine for well over a year with FB, there's no reason it is suddenly the cause of the whole phone suddenly slowing down.
    You don't have to give up Facebook, just open from the Web and save the address / icon on your home page or use Facebook Lite. I also removed the FB app from my wife's PRIV and she now gets battery life and swears it performs better / faster since I did it
    Grungni likes this.
    03-24-18 09:35 AM
    You don't have to give up Facebook, just open from the Web and save the address / icon on your home page or use Facebook Lite. I also removed the FB app from my wife's PRIV and she now gets battery life and swears it performs better / faster since I did it
    I have to concur with this, I removed the full blown Facebook app and replaced it with the Lite version and this made my Priv usable against... Before I removed the Facebook app battery life was poor and performance was sluggish...
    03-24-18 11:09 AM
    I have a question about this topic too. I also use the Blackberry Priv and I am already really annoyed since a few month about the slaggish instable performance.
    I mostly use whatsapp, pokemon go, firefox, quickpic and 9gag. Most of the time all things are just very slow. Sometimes it takes like 10 seconds to open whatsapp. Sometimes I press a record-voicenote-button and nothing happends. after some seconds when i already released the button it recognizes it ********. Pokemon Go is also sometimes not just slow, it is even stuttering (sometimes more, sometimes less). And taking a quick picture? Forget it. If I am lucky, it takes 5-seconds? If not.. then it can take 30 seconds because everything is slow.
    I am Using Android MM And dont have a lot of apps installed. However I have a lot of pictures and videos on my phone (I would say around 8000). Someone wrote then reducing this would increase the performance. However I have a lot of space on my internal memory and I dont want to put all the stuff on a harddrive and not have it on my phone whenever I want to watch or look at a picture. So does anyone have the same issue or know what it is? I already think, that the hardware of the priv is just too slow for these days and i am already thinking of an Note 9 because my hopes on a priv 2 are nearly zero.
    02-22-19 05:59 PM
    I have a question about this topic too. I also use the Blackberry Priv and I am already really annoyed since a few month about the slaggish instable performance.
    I mostly use whatsapp, pokemon go, firefox, quickpic and 9gag. Most of the time all things are just very slow. Sometimes it takes like 10 seconds to open whatsapp. Sometimes I press a record-voicenote-button and nothing happends. after some seconds when i already released the button it recognizes it ********. Pokemon Go is also sometimes not just slow, it is even stuttering (sometimes more, sometimes less). And taking a quick picture? Forget it. If I am lucky, it takes 5-seconds? If not.. then it can take 30 seconds because everything is slow.
    I am Using Android MM And dont have a lot of apps installed. However I have a lot of pictures and videos on my phone (I would say around 8000). Someone wrote then reducing this would increase the performance. However I have a lot of space on my internal memory and I dont want to put all the stuff on a harddrive and not have it on my phone whenever I want to watch or look at a picture. So does anyone have the same issue or know what it is? I already think, that the hardware of the priv is just too slow for these days and i am already thinking of an Note 9 because my hopes on a priv 2 are nearly zero.
    It's normal, one could say that even OK for Priv. That phone has just terrible SoC. You can temporarily fix it with factory reset but it will always be a bad phone in terms of performance.
    02-23-19 04:45 AM
    It's normal, one could say that even OK for Priv. That phone has just terrible SoC. You can temporarily fix it with factory reset but it will always be a bad phone in terms of performance.
    Well, it certainly isn't normal. Sure, the PRIV will never be a S7 when it comes to performance, but WhatsApp won't take longer than 3 seconds to open for me (as opposed to 10).
    02-23-19 07:19 AM
    Well, it certainly isn't normal. Sure, the PRIV will never be a S7 when it comes to performance, but WhatsApp won't take longer than 3 seconds to open for me (as opposed to 10).
    02-23-19 07:46 AM
    You can try clearing cache or performing factory reset as suggested. If you looked up the forums here, you'd find that PRIV is just like that and there is not much to be done with it, if you have more apps installed. Yes, it can take even 10 secs then if there is a lot of background processes. Try suggested options or leave it so.
    02-24-19 03:24 AM
35 12