Anyone else see this yet? Looks pretty nice and is made by Analogix. I absolutely love MHL and have had bad experiences with SlimPort in the past, but this looks interesting and possibly a game changer. I was a little disappointed to see the Priv use SlimPort (instead of MHL), however, I have to admit, if this works as advertised, that might change my mind. I have no idea how long these offers will be available because this is supposed to ship this week. If you're at all interested, like I was, you might want to jump on it. I imagine the campaign will come down soon. I just bought the entry level tonight.

I will update with a link as soon as I'm able to post links (2 more posts). In the mean time, replace the first ***** with an https and a www and replace the second *** with a com.

*****.indiegogo.***/projects/slimport-nano-console-makes-your-phone-a-smart-tv#/

Thought it would be helpful to share in case anyone is looking for a SlimPort option and since this will retail for almost twice as much when the campaign ends.
    11-14-15 08:46 PM
    11-14-15 08:48 PM
    I don't understand why I just don't plug my phone into the TV and just use a Bluetooth home theatre keyboard and mouse. Your paying really for a stand and a track pad. I can already do this. Cool idea but they are solving a problem that does not exisy
    11-14-15 08:53 PM
    I guess it just combines a few things like HDMI pass through for your gaming system, charging, stand and Android touch pad with the proper triangle circle square. It's not too over priced but I can do the same with chrome cast right now and I do not need wires. But gaming would have to be wired for sure or movie watching. I wonder how they will do!
    d a elliott likes this.
    11-14-15 08:59 PM
    I don't understand why I just don't plug my phone into the TV and just use a Bluetooth home theatre keyboard and mouse. Your paying really for a stand and a track pad. I can already do this. Cool idea but they are solving a problem that does not exisy
    As far as the cost goes, you're getting the latest SlimPort with the Bluetooth controller, which I would've been spending $15-30 on regardless. I've had some bad luck with cheap SlimPorts. In addition, the bluetooth controller mirrors your phone's screen, complete with back, home, and menu buttons at the bottom. You could use a keyboard and mouse, but I'm all about saving space / decluttering and nice aesthetics. Others have different priorities. I couldn't tell you the last time I broke out my keyboard and mouse for my tablet, let alone my phone, but I could (and will) use this regularly. For the mouse to be like the controller, too, it will have to be a touch pad.
    11-14-15 09:04 PM
    I guess it just combines a few things like HDMI pass through for your gaming system, charging, stand and Android touch pad with the proper triangle circle square. It's not too over priced but I can do the same with chrome cast right now and I do not need wires. But gaming would have to be wired for sure or movie watching. I wonder how they will do!
    Ha! You beat me to my response.

Re: Chromecast. It has some limitations. Things have to be able to be cast on to the screen. One of my best friends uses it, and there have been times (like Vimeo) where Chromecast wouldn't pick it up. SlimPort mirrors your phone's screen faithfully, no matter what you're doing / watching.
    11-14-15 09:06 PM
    I use this remote (attached image) no clutter and 1 single cable to the TV. In my opinion easier to use. Not that it's a horrible idea just don't not fill a void for me personally. I like less clutter the better. Again personal opinion only. And the campaign just ended a week ago
    Attached Thumbnails Slimport Nano-1447556865619.jpg  
    11-14-15 09:09 PM
    The Chrome Cast has the capability to mirror the screen if the OS supports it and has not been heavily modifiedl
    11-14-15 09:11 PM
    I use this remote (attached image) no clutter and 1 single cable to the TV. In my opinion easier to use. Not that it's a horrible idea just don't not fill a void for me personally. I like less clutter the better. Again personal opinion only. And the campaign just ended a week ago
    It did, but my purchase still went through and was confirmed tonight. Heh heh heh.
    MrEvets likes this.
    11-14-15 09:14 PM
    An example using Chrome Cast to mirror. Sorry it's not super clear had to use my crappie tablet to take it
    Attached Thumbnails Slimport Nano-1447557405860.jpg  
    11-14-15 09:17 PM
    Let us know how it goes!
    d a elliott likes this.
    11-14-15 09:18 PM