First there was the Z10. It was January 2013. Decent upper midrange phone for 2.5 years ago.

Then they made a Z10 with a keyboard called the Q10.

Third, they made a Z10 with a bigger screen, bigger battery, and overclocked CPU called the Z30.

Along came the Porsche Design skinned versions of the first two Z10 devices. Very nice looking Z10s these were.

Then they made another Z10 with keyboard but gave it a bigger screen and "tool belt"...called the "Classic".

Finally, a non-Z10 spec phone arrives with modern specs...the Passport! Unfortunately it comes with mandatory goofy "you OBVIOUSLY haven't used it long enough keyboard!"

Close behind that? .....ANOTHER Z10!!! But this time we'll give it a slightly bigger screen and take away features! What a "Leap" it was!

PHEW!!! Good thing the non-Z10 slider is close...because 2016 is coming and that'll be 3 years!!!

Hopefully it's good too. With 7 different Z10s and the same trend maybe starting with the Passport /AT&T/Passport Silver Edition, the slider will probably be around a good long ridiculous time.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 10:14 PM
    Don't get your hopes up to much.
    08-14-15 10:20 PM
    iPhone 4s - 8mp Camera
    iPhone 5 - 8mp Camera
    iPhone 5s/c - 8mp Camera
    iPhone 6/6+ - 8mp Camera
    iPhone 6s / 6s+ / 6c - 8mp Camera

That's 5 years. Just goes to show that just because the specs are the same, does not mean the device has not improved. The Leap IMO has improved since the Z10 in many ways. The Z30 was also a good jump in performance compared to the Z10 and the Passport, well there is no denying that was a good device.

The specs may be old but things have improved

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    a6691ben likes this.
    08-15-15 12:44 AM
    The OP makes no sense. Going by his logic, every VKB phone ever manufactured is basically an iphone. No innovation has happened since.

I like this level of absurdity :-).

Q10/10.3.2
    David Tyler likes this.
    08-15-15 12:57 AM
    Your signature! I forgot the Q5...a keyboard Z10 with even lower specs.

I admit, I haven't used a Leap but I had a Z30 for a couple months and I didn't notice any performance difference between it and the Z10 I use now. I don't play any games so maybe that's why.

How is the Leap not just a bigger screen Z10 with no NFC?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 01:06 AM
    iPhone 4s - 8mp Camera
    iPhone 5 - 8mp Camera
    iPhone 5s/c - 8mp Camera
    iPhone 6/6+ - 8mp Camera
    iPhone 6s / 6s+ / 6c - 8mp Camera

That's 5 years. Just goes to show that just because the specs are the same, does not mean the device has not improved. The Leap IMO has improved since the Z10 in many ways. The Z30 was also a good jump in performance compared to the Z10 and the Passport, well there is no denying that was a good device.

The specs may be old but things have improved

Apple didn't use the same camera, they used upgraded lens. People who think more mp is more better is ******** because most point and shoot cameras comes with 20mp cameras whereas a lot of dslr comes with say 12 or 16. You must be pants on head crazy if you think that point and shoot can out shoot the dslr

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    08-15-15 01:21 AM
    Apple didn't use the same camera, they used upgraded lens. People who think more mp is more better is ******** because most point and shoot cameras comes with 20mp cameras whereas a lot of dslr comes with say 12 or 16. You must be pants on head crazy if you think that point and shoot can out shoot the dslr

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or saying I'm wrong?

To summarize , I said "the specs are the same, but that doesn't mean it hasn't improved"

Which means, they have the same spec 8mp but hardware improvements.

08-15-15 02:22 AM
    Your signature! I forgot the Q5...a keyboard Z10 with even lower specs.

Posted via CB10
    You also forgot the Z3, that's even lower than the Q5 :P haha

08-15-15 02:24 AM
    so you mean that the slider is the father of the new generation of BlackBerry phones

posted via the father of all your phones the z10
    08-15-15 05:55 AM
    Well you must have not used it very much at all. Z30 battery smacks Z10 battery in the teeth. That alone is not HUGE improvement.
    08-15-15 07:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    mpx means a LOT on phones. you can compensate for the smaller sensor. the 47mpx nokia phone took AWESOME pictures. the pictures werent actually 47mpx of course, they were downscaled to 8mpx but as a lot more information was captured at 47mpx it resulted in great pictures
    08-15-15 08:12 AM
    To summarize , I said "the specs are the same, but that doesn't mean it hasn't improved"

Which means, they have the same spec 8mp but hardware improvements.
    I completely agree with this statement. What I'm saying is that the BB10 devices thus far (Passport excepted) really haven't had any improvements. At least not on the generational scale as demonstrated by the ios, Android, and even MICROSOFT competition. Even with the other media punching bag Microsoft, look at the WP7 phones vs WP8 vs (soon) WP10!

BB10 offerings are like Samsung's lineup if they didn't have the Galaxy S and Note series. WHAAAAAT? SAMSUNG MAKES A PHONE THAT'S NOT A FLAGSHIP GALAXY S OR NOTE???

A quick look at their site shows:
    Galaxy Core Prime
    Galaxy Grand Prime
    Galaxy Stardust
    Galaxy J1
    Galaxy Prevail
    Galaxy Alpha
    Galaxy Avant

There may be more but I stopped looking. SO...what are the differences between these?

Answer: who cares? They're all second tier phones that are all 2% different from each other that may have been really awesome flagships 4 years ago. But it doesn't matter because Samsung DOES have the Galaxy S and Note series.

Who else undisputedly has this problem? Our old punching bag Microsoft. Tons of low end to mediocre phones 2% different from each other that no one wants.

Someone explain to me how BB with their many Z10 variations is any different. The weirdo Passport? Really?

This is why I'm looking forward to the slider.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-15-15 07:18 PM
    I completely agree with this statement. What I'm saying is that the BB10 devices thus far (Passport excepted) really haven't had any improvements. At least not on the generational scale as demonstrated by the ios, Android, and even MICROSOFT competition. Even with the other media punching bag Microsoft, look at the WP7 phones vs WP8 vs (soon) WP10!

BB10 offerings are like Samsung's lineup if they didn't have the Galaxy S and Note series. WHAAAAAT? SAMSUNG MAKES A PHONE THAT'S NOT A FLAGSHIP GALAXY S OR NOTE???

A quick look at their site shows:
    Galaxy Core Prime
    Galaxy Grand Prime
    Galaxy Stardust
    Galaxy J1
    Galaxy Prevail
    Galaxy Alpha
    Galaxy Avant

There may be more but I stopped looking. SO...what are the differences between these?

Answer: who cares? They're all second tier phones that are all 2% different from each other that may have been really awesome flagships 4 years ago. But it doesn't matter because Samsung DOES have the Galaxy S and Note series.

Who else undisputedly has this problem? Our old punching bag Microsoft. Tons of low end to mediocre phones 2% different from each other that no one wants.

Someone explain to me how BB with their many Z10 variations is any different. The weirdo Passport? Really?

This is why I'm looking forward to the slider.

Posted via CB10
    You obviously never used a Passport. There's nothing weird about it. It's literally a slightly wider phones with a uhd screen and a very nice keyboard setup. Can you explain why you don't like it?

The cpu of a phone does not a it a 'variation' of a phone either.
    The OS works to accommodate each BlackBerry phone differently. Even the q5 has options the q10 doesn't, like saturation control.

The z30 has a quad core gpu as part of the cpu, very big difference compared to the z10.

The leap is again different, but it was made to replace the z30 at a much more affordable price so that BlackBerry could still offer companies a full touch if they wanted it.
    08-15-15 07:23 PM
    You obviously never used a Passport. There's nothing weird about it. It's literally a slightly wider phones with a uhd screen and a very nice keyboard setup. Can you explain why you don't like it?

The cpu of a phone does not a it a 'variation' of a phone either.
    The OS works to accommodate each BlackBerry phone differently. Even the q5 has options the q10 doesn't, like saturation control.

The z30 has a quad core gpu as part of the cpu, very big difference compared to the z10.

The leap is again different, but it was made to replace the z30 at a much more affordable price so that BlackBerry could still offer companies a full touch if they wanted it.
    The passport is a weird size. Have you tried using it one handed? I had a passport for a couple of weeks and I really did like it. An extra row of keys would of been nice but other than that and the size, it was nice. I'm typing this one handed on my note 4. Just saying, wish the passport was a bit more one handed friendly.

Oh and there's plenty of weird with the passport. It's an odd looking device. Hell I ridiculed the hell out of it when it was announced but once I actually had one in my hands, it felt like a high quality piece of equipment.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-15-15 10:50 PM
    OP, if you are talking about camera (your post seems to me like a riddle of Zs) then yes you are right, but Slider could be in a different genre as it is rumored to run Android.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-16-15 10:04 AM
    Can't tell if OP is just trolling or not.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 12:28 PM
    Can't tell if OP is just trolling or not.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, kind of am. REALLY need to replace my Z10 because the LED flash doesn't work anymore, the battery needs to be replaced again (on #3), and ever since upgrading to 10.3.x, it's much laggier than ever. While searching for a replacement, I realized all these BB's except the Passport are just the same Z10 again with only slight changes. I'm quite in shock that more people don't see the same thing.

If you all honestly believe that nonsense about "it's not all about the specs" then why do you also rave about how the Passport is so fast and responsive? Is that magic? No, it's faster hardware.

So no matter what Z10 BlackBerry device you get, you're going to get 2012-era speed...and camera.

Want BB10 but modern performance? Now I have to put up with a physical keyboard that can't type numbers, periods, commas, or even change case like EVERY OTHER PHYSICAL QWERTY KEYBOARD IN MOBILE PHONE HISTORY.

You want to call it trolling? Fine. I call it being bitter.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 09:48 PM
    Ok calm down its just a phone.

But yes, I'm using the Q10 right now and it's performance is a joke. This thing can not be compared to the Passport whatsoever.

I actually think the Passports keyboard is better. It allows more room for the screen and honestly typing numbers - especially phone numbers - on the Q10 keyboard sucks. The keyboard is too small to hold the alt key and then press the numbers right next to it.

But in the end, there's no perfect phone. If you can't find a BlackBerry that fits your needs then move on. No one's forcing you to stay. If you need a keyboard, then tough luck, looks like you're stuck with BlackBerry.

Stop whining like a child. If you haven't learned by now that you can't always get what you want then that's pretty sad.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 12:45 AM
    Yeah, passport keyboard is great. In my opinion going back to 4 row is a regression, the touch and physical combination has proved it's good.

It's ok if you don't like it. You're allowed to have bad taste.

FML
    08-17-15 02:49 AM
    Yeah, kind of am. REALLY need to replace my Z10 because the LED flash doesn't work anymore, the battery needs to be replaced again (on #3), and ever since upgrading to 10.3.x, it's much laggier than ever. While searching for a replacement, I realized all these BB's except the Passport are just the same Z10 again with only slight changes. I'm quite in shock that more people don't see the same thing.

If you all honestly believe that nonsense about "it's not all about the specs" then why do you also rave about how the Passport is so fast and responsive? Is that magic? No, it's faster hardware.

So no matter what Z10 BlackBerry device you get, you're going to get 2012-era speed...and camera.

Want BB10 but modern performance? Now I have to put up with a physical keyboard that can't type numbers, periods, commas, or even change case like EVERY OTHER PHYSICAL QWERTY KEYBOARD IN MOBILE PHONE HISTORY.

You want to call it trolling? Fine. I call it being bitter.

Posted via CB10
    Whoa buddy, I'm not going to say that specs don't matter because they do but they aren't everything. The reason iPhone is smoother than android is because they only have to optimize it for a few devices, that Apple themselves have made. Android on the other hand has been made by one company and loaded to a phone by another company with only so much optimization. Android Needs better specs because the OS won't run very well without good hardware.

BlackBerry is designing software for its own hardware. They can optimize for the devices full potential. Having better specs will make it better but they aren't needed like in the Android world.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob_jacobsen and 7onZ like this.
    08-17-15 03:37 AM