I agree with the OP. John Chen never mentions BB10 when he does interviews but he's certainly talking a lot about apps. I'm guessing he's going with the apps and leaving BB10 behind.
    04-28-15 12:30 PM
    OP, in Chen's interview on CNBC he said they are working on something "beyond amazon" for apps. If they want to make a Google phone then the BB10 android RT needs to go and thus amazon with it. So it wouldn't be "beyond amazon", it would be in place of amazon.
    He just said that to keep BB stock at inflated level imho
    04-28-15 12:32 PM
    Maybe one of these days a blackberry phone will just be a premium android device with blackberry security enhancements and some blackberry software.

One of the reasons I have a blackberry as my primary device is because I have personally seen, in my work, the granular detail collected by Google and its apps on the user. As has been often said, if you don't pay for the product, then you are the product. BlackBerry just can't get people to pay for the product like it used to. BIS is a good example. So are the pay BBM features. Most people just don't car or realize what they are giving up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    gokulesh and BB-JAM215 like this.
    04-28-15 12:39 PM
    I would hate to see BlackBerry give up on the BlackBerry 10 OS, it's unique and efficient. Switching to Android would be the wrong thing to do in my mind, because you know another skinned version of Android is just what we need... </sarcasm>
    04-28-15 01:02 PM
    BlackBerry will never be an "android running phone" There is absolutely no reason for Chen to be "working on something" if all he has to do is take BB hardware and load android OS on it.. i think this would actually be pretty easy.
    I think android will always be a run-time. yes, they can integrate better into the hub and google services, and make it an absolute amazing device. and yes, i think Chen is focusing on bringing google services to BB10. this is something that "would" take some time to accomplish.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    04-28-15 01:26 PM
    It's been discussed many times in the forums.

Frankly, developing the hardware for the slider and then releasing it only for BB10, would a terrible waste. The Slider, if done nicely, might have a larger audience in the Android world than what most here imagine. Specifically because Android users are used to switching around brands and models, and seem open to trying 'new' things.

Posted via CB10
    So why would BlackBerry have anything to do with it? Their patent on the slider? Should be called a Samsung phone then.
    04-28-15 01:33 PM
    I just moved away 2 years ago from Android and als move away from BlackBerry as soon they ship there phone's with Android.
    04-28-15 01:48 PM
    So why would BlackBerry have anything to do with it? Their patent on the slider? Should be called a Samsung phone then.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. "Blackberry Inside." Kind of like the old "Intel Inside" slogans...they could sell the secret sauce to everyone.
    04-28-15 01:50 PM
    Sell: Blackberry shares: Buy: iPhone 6

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:56 PM
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. "Blackberry Inside." Kind of like the old "Intel Inside" slogans...they could sell the secret sauce to everyone.
    Blackberry outside, nothing inside would be BlackBerry LOL.
    kirson likes this.
    04-28-15 01:57 PM
    I just moved away 2 years ago from Android and als move away from BlackBerry as soon they ship there phone's with Android.
    04-28-15 02:05 PM
    Well, inside or outside, there will be some sort of Blackberry flavor with enhanced functionality, security, productivity, etc. "Blackberry Outside" is just as good a slogan, if you ask me...
    04-28-15 02:13 PM
    The moderator is still thinking BlackBerry is trying to appeal to the masses. FYI, Chen is targeting the corporate market so this will never fly.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:22 PM
    Why you all forget about QNX Hypervisor? (=
    I think we will try it on slider ^^

Posted via CB10
    mithrazor likes this.
    04-28-15 02:22 PM
    Corporate market is adopting android and ios.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-28-15 02:23 PM
    Don't know what employment field you are in but working in information security , the major Corporation are having huge security issues with Android. Why do you think Knok is being shelved.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:31 PM
    BlackBerry, just make Instagram create a native app for BB10 and all these insinuations about BBRY going Android will stop. )))))))))))))))))))))))))) #imho #lol #yougottabekiddingme #weaintneednoandroid #toomuchweirdhashtags #whocares

P.S.: Seriously, BB running Android. I haven't heard the seven trumpets of Apocalypse yet...
    04-28-15 02:55 PM
    Maybe they can't figure out how to improve bb10 and decided it's time to give up.. And do a hub app... Mmmmm. Interesting concept or idea op has.

If bb could do an iOS app to integrate hub into it. I'd pay for the app and go iOS with a typo attachment. Maybe it's time for me to grab one ASAP. To bad they can't offer one up for an iPhone6 though.
    04-28-15 03:34 PM
    Lol... nah, I'm guessing they would at least preload it with "BlackBerry Experience" stuff. Maybe bundle it with 3 months of BBM Protected and BBM Meetings?

Nah, that would be way too progressive for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-28-15 04:28 PM
    *cough cough* SECURITY *cough cough*

seems legit

Posted from q10, excuse me for not having any typos.
    Cough cough SecuSmart Android Tablet cough cough

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-28-15 05:16 PM
    He just said that to keep BB stock at inflated level imho
    So he's purposely misleading investors and the market to manipulate the stock price? Nice.
    04-28-15 05:51 PM
    Why you all forget about QNX Hypervisor? (=
    I think we will try it on slider ^^

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm hoping for.

Them replacing the Android Runtime with actual Android using the QNX Hypervisor. So it can run Android side by side while BB10 runs.

So essentially we'll be using BB10. And any time you want to use an Android app, it'll use Android. Since it'll be a full version of Android, it should include Google Services.

That way you have the apps of Android. And everything we love of BB10.

Technically this is damn innovative. So I see this as sorta unlikely. Practically, it won't really make a difference to the user besides "hey I can run Android apps on here!"

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 05:58 PM
    I would buy it day one if it does run Android. I'd rather have a Bold form factor with Android, but I'd settle for a slider. Honestly, that's probably the only way I will buy another BlackBerry device.

I miss BlackBerry's keyboard, but not enough to use BB10. I'm also not willing to gamble the money on buying a BB10 devices. More and more, I get the feeling that the days of BlackBerry using precious resources to update and improve BB10 are numbered and after the PlayBook, I have no desire to own another soon to be abandoned device again.
    04-28-15 06:22 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    04-28-15 06:30 PM
    Unsure why switching to Android would mean much... BB is a damaged brand in the consumer market... maybe beyond repair... fairs better in Enterprise which is where BB has pitched it's tent... Outside of maybe the physical keyboard... do not know what the incentive to buy into Blackberry running Android would be....
    04-28-15 07:30 PM
99 1234