I don't see those products even really competing. The slider is a slider and the Edge + is not. One is running Samsung's TouchWiz and the other one is running whatever may come.

If you want a physical keyboard, the choice will be very easy. Otherwise, it may be entirely up to your preferences. BlackBerry might still provide a great experience of their HUB on Android, depending on what they'll produce there.

But... before the slider will launch, it's difficult to make any real prediction. And that's another big question, when will it actually launch?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 10:17 AM
    I don't think the pkb is enough to bring over android or apple users(history shows that). The 5.7" curved screen might have been, before the edge+

And the add on keyboard deal is a joke. You'll find em in clearance racks and dollar stores soon. People that want a keyboard already have a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-14-15 12:46 PM
    What we are expecting BB 10 OS (Hub and Emailing) with Google service enabled device. We haven't expected wholly android device else, you are right s6 edge will be preferred choice by every one.

Z30 10.3.2.2339 thru CB10
    08-14-15 12:52 PM
    Nobody is buying those devices for the accessory. They want all touch. The point is that the slider won't be here for months after those devices released, so BlackBerry has nothing to compete in that segment.

Posted via Z30
    Ok, I was coming at it from the pov that even the existence of that add-on (snap-on) points to some demand for physical keys. Samsung must anticipate some demand for it else why bother? Can't argue on the Slider coming later, but it's not a big surprise is it? If it's Android, I imagine it's taking some time to adapt some BB10 features and the touch keyboard to Android without making it laggy (or with as little lag as possible).
    08-14-15 06:21 PM
    What we are expecting BB 10 OS (Hub and Emailing) with Google service enabled device. We haven't expected wholly android device else, you are right s6 edge will be preferred choice by every one.
    Actually, at this point, it looks like we can expect a full Android BlackBerry slider with the BlackBerry Experience Suite.
    08-14-15 06:25 PM
    The Edge Win's with that amazing Nokia keyboard add-on, looks great...
    sarcasm at its best.
    08-14-15 11:18 PM
    Haha! Every flavor of Android is not the same. This is not BB10. Android OEMs have the ability to modify the OS to differentiate the experience and add thier own features. Buying an S6 means using Touchwiz, buying an HTC means using touchsense, etc. They are completely different experiences with their own unique features. All Android devices are not the same... I repeat... All Android devices and/or experiences are not the same!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    they sure do look the same... and those vkb's are horrendous.
    08-15-15 01:10 AM
    sarcasm at its best.
    Yup,i will be the first in line to get that sweet @ss 200 buck screen Robber.

Hey! I got nothing else better to do.
    08-15-15 08:49 AM
    Well if there is an Android Slider then it would have the Blackberry Experience baked in much like Touchwiz is on Samsung and there would be features that would not be available just by running an apk or a launcher.
    And like any new front-end interface, there are new bugs to fix and new customization to keep the experience more fluid with Android OS. So it's like a new square one to begin with so I just have to migrate with what works best. I think the BB10-Android OS needs time to grow like when the 1st BB10 came out. So I would suggest to invest on what is stable and just works.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-15-15 10:16 AM
    they sure do look the same... and those vkb's are horrendous.
    [video]https://youtu.be/ZSt6g8-ahI0[/url]
    Well the beauty of Android is that you can use just about any type of keyboard since there's a lot of different ones you can download.

You can also download different launchers and change themes.

There's a lot more flexibility when it comes to android. Just sayin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-15-15 12:20 PM
    Well the beauty of Android is that you can use just about any type of keyboard since there's a lot of different ones you can download.

You can also download different launchers and change themes.

There's a lot more flexibility when it comes to android. Just sayin

yeah i've tried them all. wouldn't call it beautiful though.
    08-15-15 02:19 PM
    yeah i've tried them all.
    Okay, out of all of them which one do you prefer?

08-15-15 02:19 PM
    Okay, out of all of them which one do you prefer?

none suit my taste like the BB10 kb.
    08-15-15 02:39 PM
    none suit my taste like the BB10 kb.
    Yeah okay but I mean tell me which ones you've tried and how they aren't as good as the blackberry keyboard, I'm curious.

Also, android launchers which ones did you check out?

08-15-15 02:40 PM
    Yeah okay but I mean tell me which ones you've tried and how they aren't as good as the blackberry keyboard, I'm curious.

Also, android launchers which ones did you check out?

my workplace is literally filled with the latest and greatest of iphone and android technology. i got ragged on for using my Z10 and Z30 but then i did a kb test and exchanged phones with almost all my coworkers and tried tapping out an email or a medium sized text. almost all the droid phones were rooted can't remember them all but this guy had a rooted M9 and swore he had at least one keyboard in his arsenal to sway me from my BB10 kb.... it did not. The response was not the same... a lot of them had too many buttons and options just too much happening. love the simplicity and effectiveness of the BB10 kb and how it learns your tendencies.. the shortcuts... hope this answers your question. the droid kb's might be fine to you but i find them sub par.
    08-15-15 02:51 PM
    my workplace is literally filled with the latest and greatest of iphone and android technology. i got ragged on for using my Z10 and Z30 but then i did a kb test and exchanged phones with almost all my coworkers and tried tapping out an email or a medium sized text. almost all the droid phones were rooted can't remember them all but this guy had a rooted M9 and swore he had at least one keyboard in his arsenal to sway me from my BB10 kb.... it did not. The response was not the same... a lot of them had too many buttons and options just too much happening. love the simplicity and effectiveness of the BB10 kb and how it learns your tendencies.. the shortcuts... hope this answers your question. the droid kb's might be fine to you but i find them sub par.
    Well there's your problem. You spend a few minutes with a different phone and your experience is based off only a few minutes.

I don't rag on the bb onscreen keyboard because honestly, I've never used it. I've only used the passport, which I had for a few weeks and I enjoyed.

I'm sure your friends have the same issue, if they maybe have bbos a chance, they might actually enjoy it.

Just sayin'

08-15-15 05:25 PM
    Well there's your problem. You spend a few minutes with a different phone and your experience is based off only a few minutes.

I don't rag on the bb onscreen keyboard because honestly, I've never used it. I've only used the passport, which I had for a few weeks and I enjoyed.

I'm sure your friends have the same issue, if they maybe have bbos a chance, they might actually enjoy it.

Just sayin'

No problem here. I've got a rooted Defy, I've used them for more than a few minutes. Does it have to grow on me or something? Sounds like too much work when the master of keyboards, be it physical or virtual - already made a phone for me. I'd rather be intrigued then wait to see if a keyboard let alone an OS grows on me.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 07:16 PM
    No problem here. I've got a rooted Defy, I've used them for more than a few minutes. Does it have to grow on me or something? Sounds like too much work when the master of keyboards, be it physical or virtual - already made a phone for me. I'd rather be intrigued then wait to see if a keyboard let alone an OS grows on me.

Posted via CB10
    A defy? That's a five year old phone. You seem pretty closed minded and seem to have that mindset that if it isn't a blackberry, then it must be garbage. It's a shame too since there are plenty of things to love on android even if it isn't perfect.

08-15-15 07:40 PM
    A defy? That's a five year old phone. You seem pretty closed minded and seem to have that mindset that if it isn't a blackberry, then it must be garbage. It's a shame too since there are plenty of things to love on android even if it isn't perfect.

I've used several, and played with the BB10 VKB as well on a few friends phones. I like Android stock (Lollipop era) VKB, swiftkey, and Ginger keyboard. But I think the BlackBerry VKB with swipe up predictions is cool. I'd pull that VKB down into Android for sure and I'd be willing to buy it separately.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 07:57 PM
    I've used several, and played with the BB10 VKB as well on a few friends phones. I like Android stock (Lollipop era) VKB, swiftkey, and Ginger keyboard. But I think the BlackBerry VKB with swipe up predictions is cool. I'd pull that VKB down into Android for sure and I'd be willing to buy it separately.

Posted via CB10
    There we go, an honest, non bias opinion. Thanks!

Yeah SwiftKey is my go to keyboard since it does a good job at predicting and fixing my errors but if I had to choose, I'd pick a physical keyboard lol.

anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-15-15 08:08 PM
    I really liked the Swype action in my Lumia. I'm really curious about how a Swype option for my Passport could work.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-15-15 08:38 PM
    When the slider comes out, you mostly will get the option for BlackBerry VKB to have swipe-up for 3 columns. Same what you can get from Passport. This method is slower than swipe-up to any letter that correspond to next word predicted in VKB. In a perfect world, you can use both, but that means shifting what your mind learned from VKB to PKB or vice versa. You are forces to choose on flexible way and it is going with what the Passport kb offers. To be honest, if there is no scrolling involved, I would rather use Swiftkey in a larger phone because it is much faster than any keyboards I've used. Swipe promising too with its latest features. Sure you'll bump in some typos here and now, but the same goes with BlackBerry VKB, especially when you're typing non English words. I guess it just works more to people who have English as their primary language.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-15-15 09:44 PM

sorry if i didn't give your beloved android more up-to-date usage. you seem to be a bit off in gauging people's mindsets so let me school you. i'm from the mindset that if it works for you then why jump into so many other ships (like so many people do) by owning other phones. The only reason people do that is because one is not enough or doesn't do enough. you may find it a shame but android does nothing for me-it tries to do too much but not in the way of communication. if that's what works for you, then that's you. deal with my decision.
    08-16-15 09:44 AM
    There we go, an honest, non bias opinion. Thanks!

Yeah SwiftKey is my go to keyboard since it does a good job at predicting and fixing my errors but if I had to choose, I'd pick a physical keyboard lol.

ah so you just want people to butter you up and talk about how nice android is while another entity could be just as nice. lmao. a non-bias opinion. on the ignore list you go.
    08-16-15 09:46 AM
    ah so you just want people to butter you up and talk about how nice android is while another entity could be just as nice. lmao. a non-bias opinion. on the ignore list you go.
    I want people's honest opinion. I like android, but there's plenty that I don't like. I enjoyed my time with my iPhone years ago but it had its faults and yes, I loved my passport for the small amount of time that I had it but eventually settled on a note 4.

I have both positive and negative things to say about either OS. Everything has their pros and cons. I just found it funny that you said you've tried every single keyboard on Android (that's alot of keyboards by the way) and they all sucked and how blackberry was king or something..

Anyway, I'm mainly on here to try to get enough info about that slider so hopefully something gets announced real soon.

08-16-15 12:07 PM
51 123