I just read a review of the new s6 edge+. And I'm concerned what place it leaves in the market for our slider. Especially if the slider runs android. On a phone of this size, is the physical keyboard really gonna be enough to ge people to buy it? I've been a loyal blackberry user for years but if this slider runs android I night go with the new edge instead. What do you guys think??

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 01:39 PM
    One great thing to come of this is that maybe, just maybe, this will force blackberry's hand at releasing more Slider information
    08-13-15 01:51 PM
    Well if there is an Android Slider then it would have the Blackberry Experience baked in much like Touchwiz is on Samsung and there would be features that would not be available just by running an apk or a launcher.
    08-13-15 01:51 PM
    Also that keyboard looks clunky
    08-13-15 01:52 PM
    I kind of wish it wasnt a slider at all
    08-13-15 03:35 PM
    Then by a s6? if the slider has no differentiation and just runs android, why buy it. buy a s6.
    extisis likes this.
    08-13-15 03:54 PM
    I just read a review of the new s6 edge+. And I'm concerned what place it leaves in the market for our slider. Especially if the slider runs android. On a phone of this size, is the physical keyboard really gonna be enough to ge people to buy it? I've been a loyal blackberry user for years but if this slider runs android I night go with the new edge instead. What do you guys think??

Posted via CB10
    So your dumping a phone because it's going Android for another Android?

There's no logic in this...

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt and vpblaze like this.
    08-13-15 04:19 PM
    I'm not dumping anything. Plan to stay on blackberry as long as I can. My question is simply, if the slider runs android it's essentially an S6edge+ slider. And with the edge and edge+ out first I don't see how blackberry expects it to sell well. They really needed to beat the edge to matket.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 04:58 PM
    If the slider is "just" another android with nothing really special to differentiate itself, I don't see it being successful.

Maybe even lesser so than being on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:21 PM
    The Edge Win's with that amazing Nokia keyboard add-on, looks great...
    08-13-15 05:25 PM
    If slider has android os, it will probably be very close to stock android. No bloatware!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-13-15 05:26 PM
    I know a few people on Android that really miss their BlackBerry that would probably consider it

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-13-15 06:10 PM
    One great thing to come of this is that maybe, just maybe, this will force blackberry's hand at releasing more Slider information
    Doubtful. Chen doesn't seem to care that the bottom is falling out of hardware

Posted via Z30
    08-13-15 07:34 PM
    Then by a s6? if the slider has no differentiation and just runs android, why buy it. buy a s6.
    Haha! Every flavor of Android is not the same. This is not BB10. Android OEMs have the ability to modify the OS to differentiate the experience and add thier own features. Buying an S6 means using Touchwiz, buying an HTC means using touchsense, etc. They are completely different experiences with their own unique features. All Android devices are not the same... I repeat... All Android devices and/or experiences are not the same!!!

Blackberry has a chance to make a splash here. Modify and add a very unique experience that Android users can only get with BB. People will buy in. BB hardware won't become profitable with one Android phone, but it's success offers crossover appeal. People will quickly realize that Blackberry is still alive and kicking.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Fidel Mercado; 08-13-15 at 08:10 PM.
    08-13-15 07:56 PM
    Ok so I googled this thing and as far as I can tell this isn't anything new really, I guess it's another size option between the Galaxy S series and the Note. But it's not really any kind of comp to the BlackBerry slider, which is a PKB device. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 08:42 PM
    Ok so I googled this thing and as far as I can tell this isn't anything new really, I guess it's another size option between the Galaxy S series and the Note. But it's not really any kind of comp to the BlackBerry slider, which is a PKB device. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    I was wondering the same thing. As far as I can tell the Samsung version isn't touch capacitive, and there's no mention of using shortcuts / actions. Not to mention it's bulky and harder to 'hide' than simply sliding it up into the body of the device.

Seems like a marketing opportunity for BlackBerry in any event? And coupled with the Typo device, this adds fuel to the notion that there's a segment of users within the mobile community that want a pkb.
    scottishchris likes this.
    08-13-15 08:49 PM
    Yeah but Samsung will have been selling them for at least 3 months before the slider is here. IPhone will have been out 2 months. So people looking at that size device and ready for an upgrade will likely be buying something like these before the slider is even available.

Posted via Z30
    08-13-15 09:03 PM
    Yeah but Samsung will have been selling them for at least 3 months before the slider is here. IPhone will have been out 2 months. So people looking at that size device and ready for an upgrade will likely be buying something like these before the slider is even available.

Posted via Z30
    BlackBerry timing always sucks.

Sometimes I think Chen is just trolling us all for awhile until he gets bored and kills hardware altogether.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 09:40 PM

Posted via Z30
    Those three months won't mean a thing if the accessory is crap.
    08-13-15 09:51 PM
    Still the battery is 21% more juice on the slider I see no reason not to buy the slider when it comes unless you didn't really want it all along
    08-13-15 10:01 PM
    I would hope that the new BlackBerry slider stays true to BlackBerry. The Hub and email communication are the main reasons I stick with BlackBerry. What I would like is Google services working seamlessly and no lag on Android apps. Right now can't get notifications on Score Mobile app. So would hope that eventually BlackBerry works towards that and giving us a better camera and fixes the bugs in current devices like th lag when I answer my phone

Posted using my awesome Z30
    08-13-15 10:52 PM
    Those three months won't mean a thing if the accessory is crap.
    Nobody is buying those devices for the accessory. They want all touch. The point is that the slider won't be here for months after those devices released, so BlackBerry has nothing to compete in that segment.

Posted via Z30
    08-14-15 09:21 AM
    The Edge Win's with that amazing Nokia keyboard add-on, looks great...
    ROTFLMAO!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-14-15 09:27 AM
    Seems like a marketing opportunity for BlackBerry in any event? And coupled with the Typo device, this adds fuel to the notion that there's a segment of users within the mobile community that want a pkb.
    Yeah I'd like to see some proper marketing from BlackBerry with the upcoming Slider. The Slider's keyboard looks Torch-esque and is hopefully better than this gimmick from Samsung.

Posted via CB10 via Q10!
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-14-15 10:05 AM
    don't know why BlackBerry is waiting till October, November to release the slider

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 10:05 AM
51 123